Ross County V Motherwell 14/12/13

Yabba's Turd

Nah 3rd is beyond us. Aberdeen.Inverness,DundeeUtd and St.Johnstone are better than us this season. We need to lower our expectations a top 6 finish is what we're after. Im confident we'll get it.

Dont talk shite..we are 4 points off 2nd (ok ICT have played a game less) and 1 behind the sheep and untd so as bad as we have been at times this season we are right in the mix for the European places.

We have a run of winnable games coming up over christmas, so we are well placed.

Do you really believe we're better than these teams. I was at the Aberdeen and Dundee Utd games watched the Caley and St.Johnstone games on telly and we got HUMPED in them all. We dont have the players these teams have got. Top 6 is our aim. :mellow:

Yip the only chance we have of finishing higher than 6th is if Utd,Aberdeen,St Johnstone & Caley all lose their best players without decent replacements in jan. Not going to happen!

Glad for the win and well done for the novice keeper. Just a pity it wasnt OUR novice keeper

If we somehow manage to finish top six having lost the SPL player of the year, our best goalkeeper in at least 20 years, our entire right side, our most creative midfielder and our second striker, then McCall should be carried shoulder high around Motherwell. Top six would be that big an achievement, in my opinion...

• Like 5

I'm 100% confident we will be top 6 team come the split. I know as does every Well fan we've been through a very grim month, fucked at home by United, that cup game and gubbed by glory hunters fc, but we are still at this moment in time comfortably in the top 6 and in striking distance of the sheep and united. I'm not saying it will be that way come the end of the season but think back to the start of the season when Aberdeen were throwing about stupid money on wages (Wylde, Zola, Robson and thats just the new signings) and Fenlon spent £250,000 transfer fees on Collins and Heffernan plus wage bill i'd be happy to be where we are right now. Nobody who isn't associated with United would have seen their team coming this year so in the grand scheme of things in the league we're not too shabby. Bring on St Mirren !

And just a mention to the Well fans who made the trip today (i didnae) that was a great effort ! When you make that long of a journey and deal with what this unpredictable Well side dishes out, thats class. Just seen brief highlights on sky sports news and the giro dome seemed to have alot of fans disguised as green and white seats. Best fans in the world ?? Not now ! Not ever ! Motherwell till i die.

1387047150[/url]' post='401403']

Thank fuck for that!

Not a brilliant game today, but far from the terrible one I was expecting. We played decent in the first half, although County were atrocious. Touch of fortune about both our goals. Think Sutty's first took a bit of a deflection which wrong-footed Fraser in goals. The second one the keeper palmed Anier's shot straight to big John who was able to nod it into an almost empty net.

County improved a lot after the break. The big black boy, Luckasson, was a right handful for our defence after he came on, setting up their goal. We sat back a bit and invited them onto us. Defended fairly soundly, few last ditch tackles and clearances off the line. We created a lot on the break and had about as many chances as they did second half even with all their possession and pressure.

I wouldn't say we had any poor performers today, although Vigurs didn't exactly come back to haunt his old team. Ainsworth was brilliant down the right hand side. He beat his man just about every time. He still needs to work on his crossing but he'd be my Man of the Match. Sutton put in his usual shift and got his rewards. Anier looked a lot better, held the ball up well and could beat a man if need be. Faddy showed some class when he came on, skinning quite a few guys when were keeping the ball in the corner. Everyone else was sound.

The boy Twardzik (and he is just a wee boy) saved his shots well, but gave me the fear when crosses came in. I don't think he even thought about coming for a single one, never mind taking any.

McCall In

Fair assessment, a desrved win none the less.

Paying particular attention to that statement in bold-I'd say better chances, so failing to see how Derek Adams saw the match pan out.

If we somehow manage to finish top six having lost the SPL player of the year, our best goalkeeper in at least 20 years, our entire right side, our most creative midfielder and our second striker, then McCall should be carried shoulder high around Motherwell. Top six would be that big an achievement, in my opinion...

Na Top 4 would be. Top 6 would be a decent season but not that good. There's still 6 teams worse than us in that league: Hearts, Hibs, St Mirren, Killie, Thistle and Ross County so finishing above them is 'job done' but nothing more.

• Like 1

Do you really believe we're better than these teams. I was at the Aberdeen and Dundee Utd games watched the Caley and St.Johnstone games on telly and we got HUMPED in them all. We dont have the players these teams have got. Top 6 is our aim. :mellow:

Aye, but worth bearing in mind that Dundee united have dropped points to Hearts, Hibs and Partick Thistle. We didn't.

ICT have dropped points to St Mirren and Partick Thistle. We haven't.

Aberdeen have dropped to Hearts (twice), Ross County and St Mirren. We haven't.

The fact that those teams have won the six pointers against us and yet still aren't miles ahead says that we have something about us that they don't. As long as they keep losing and drawing games they 'should' be winning we'll stay within touching distance of 2nd or 3rd.

• Like 1

Ha ! Your the jinks then.:doh: Don't go to or watch any games again

Na Top 4 would be. Top 6 would be a decent season but not that good. There's still 6 teams worse than us in that league: Hearts, Hibs, St Mirren, Killie, Thistle and Ross County so finishing above them is 'job done' but nothing more.

Kinda agree, top 4 should be considered as fine an achievement as any thus far. Top 6 is still worth some quiet praise as I think it's still a little more than job done given the upheaval but can't disagree much on the quality of the teams beneath us.

Unless we suddenly turn into Brazil and come 2nd by a distance, or win the league, this season is going to be a let down due to the cup performances but as I have heard both McCall and Lasley say, there is nothing we can do to change it. Honestly I don't think we have the tools to compete with United and Aberdeen. Inverness are decent but I think are overachieving with the players they have and I wouldn't be surprised to see them dip and St Johnstone whilst playing excellently in some games are frighteningly inconsistent so I could see us finishing above them. Fourth has to be the aim, and claiming enough points so that if United or Aberdeen collapse, we can capitalise.

Great 3 points but let's not get carried away. By all accounts we were once again left hanging on praying for the full time whistle against what is probably the worst team in the league right now. So yeah a great 3 points but nothing about it makes me anymore confident about beating St Miren next week especially as our record against them is quite poor. Just hope the win gives them the little confidence boost they need to push on next week.

From what I've heard and the highlights it sounded like a game of two halfs between two poor sides and we can consider ourselves fortunate to have won. However we did win and that's the most important thing as we badly needed a result after the past couple of weeks. Hopefully this will give us a bit of confidence going into the festive period.

1387168258[/url]' post='401453']

From what I've heard and the highlights it sounded like a game of two halfs between two poor sides and we can consider ourselves fortunate to have won. However we did win and that's the most important thing as we badly needed a result after the past couple of weeks. Hopefully this will give us a bit of confidence going into the festive period.

Don't believe everything you hear and as for the highlights package only showing 1 attempt at goal in the second half...