Anier & Ainsworth - Keep Or Let Go?

David

80 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Keep both players
    • Let both players go
    • Keep Anier, let Ainsworth go
    • Keep Ainsworth, let Anier go

McCall was speaking at the St Mirren pre-match presser and he said that both guys agents have indicated that they're happy to extend their stay, but that if both or any of them left it would free up a wage to bring someone else in.

What do you think? With the loan spells of Ainsworth being up on the 7th of January, and that of Anier being up on the 14th, if you were in charge of the decisions, what would you do? Keep one? Keep both? Or let both go?

Let both go. Give Moore and an U20 winger a run of games. It might cost us some points this season (it might not, mind you) but it'll act as good preparation for next season. With relegation off the table, we'll never get a more risk-free chance to blood a few youngsters and see what they're made of. Guys like Leitch, McCafferty, Cummins and Murray as well as others have to get game time if we are to find out if they're good enough...

• Like 1

Anier has 7 goals in 11 starts. I don't think we can afford to let that number of goals leave if we can avoid it.

Ainsworth played well today but overall I think he's been poor. He's got a few matches over the Christmas period to show some consistent form and prove today wasn't a fluke.

• Like 1

Regardless of today's performances I've thought for a while we should be looking to keep them on. They do have flashes of being excellent players and I think the consistency will come by the end of the season. We need them to give us a depth of squad we would otherwise be sorely lacking.

With relegation off the table, we'll never get a more risk-free chance to blood a few youngsters and see what they're made of.

I'm not so sure. With two early cup exits, every penny is a prisoner this season. If Anier and Answorth are the difference between one league place, which could be worth £100'000 in prize money, then they are worth keeping on.

Anier has 7 goals in 11 starts. I don't think we can afford to let that number of goals leave if we can avoid it.

Ainsworth played well today but overall I think he's been poor. He's got a few matches over the Christmas period to show some consistent form and prove today wasn't a fluke.

That's exactly how I see it.

Don't think Ainsworth has really had a decent enough run in the team. The fact that the u20 wingers weren't even getting a sniff when a first team option available leaves me worrying what would happen if it came to the end of January and we hadn't brought in a replacement if ainsworth loan deal isn't extended. The u20 wingers may be decent enough , but it's whether Mccall will actually play them that worries me.

I'm all for playing the younger prospects , but Anier is my preferred option

Let them go.

When our season was in the balance they were nowhere. When their loans were in the balance they gave 100%. Wasters.

Hibs 0 - 1 Motherwell (Anier) 3 points

Motherwell 2 - Kilmarnock 1 (Anier, Surton) 3 points

Dundee Utd 2 - Motherwell 2 (Anier, Ainsworth) 1 point

Kilmarnock 0 - 2 Motherwell (Sutton, Anier) 3 points

Motherwell 3 - 0 St. Mirren (Anier 2, Ainsworth 1) 3 points

Aye send the boy back home. Can't be doing with a striker that scores.

• Like 1

Hibs 0 - 1 Motherwell (Anier) 3 points

Motherwell 2 - Kilmarnock 1 (Anier, Surton) 3 points

Dundee Utd 2 - Motherwell 2 (Anier, Ainsworth) 1 point

Kilmarnock 0 - 2 Motherwell (Sutton, Anier) 3 points

Motherwell 3 - 0 St. Mirren (Anier 2, Ainsworth 1) 3 points

Aye send the boy back home. Can't be doing with a striker that scores.

Why even respond to Steel boys posts? You would get more sense from a 95 yr old with dementia.