Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

Mibbee not all that embarrassing getting beat by them then, better than what we thought that's for sure.

They can go all the way to the final and it wont change the fact we were leading four times in the tie and still managed to get fucked out!

• Like 2

I don't really give a fuck about the dale farm milk cup, so I cust don't read that thread.

This is still a valid thread and I don't mind reading about how our victors do in the next round

I can't believe you've totally missed all the scandal and controversy surrounding the Dale Farm Milk Cup!

(PS- Nobody tell him....)

Glass half full or half empty?

Stjarnan go through. Does it mean our result wasn't that bad? Or is it even more of a missed opportunity given we were so close to beating them, surely we'd have had a chance against Poznan...?

The latter.

Even if Stjarnan were the best team in the world we blew the tie. And they aren't the best team in the world, or Europe or even Iceland.

Stjarnan appear to carry the luck in Europe that we sadly dont!!

If a team had 45 shots against us, they would have scored at least 10 goals.....

I can't subscribe to the "luck" theory over 210 minutes. The better team goes through. We played well beneath ourselves but that's not bad luck- that's bad planning and bad attitude.

I'm still furious, possibly even more so now.

I can't subscribe to the "luck" theory over 210 minutes. The better team goes through. We played well beneath ourselves but that's not bad luck- that's bad planning and bad attitude.

I'm still furious, possibly even more so now.

I can and will. I was not in Iceland, but certainly at Fir Park we were the better team for most of that match. Yes we blew it and giving away 3 penalties was as criminal as it was unbelievable.

The key difference was match sharpness and we all knew it would be a factor. Bring Stjarnan back to Fir Park in November and it would likely be a different outcome.

It still does not diminish the pain, but the fact they are now through to the play off round shows they are a decent team.

Our loss came down to match fitness, silly bloody mistakes and lack of concentration which I think we will see more of again this coming season.

Group 6

1 Feyenoord (NED)

2 FC Internazionale Milano (ITA)

3 Real Sociedad de Fútbol (ESP)

4 FC Sheriff (MDA)

5 Panathinaikos FC (GRE)

6 Club Brugge KV (BEL)

7 Stjarnan (ISL)

8 FC Midtjylland (DEN)

9 HNK Rijeka (CRO)

10 Grasshopper Club (SUI)

11 FC Zorya Luhansk (UKR)