Does It Get Any Better Than This

madscot

It can you know, you have to believe that, don't know when, but it can

Yep. Chuffed as we deservedly are tonight, imagine if we'd scored that late goal to win the league, or to qualify for the Europa or Champions League group stages, or to get out of those group stages, or...

All seem like pipe dreams today of course, but so did some of our recent achievements not so very long ago...

I think over the years, with a few exceptions, I've seen better players at FP than the ones we had during the past few seasons but not better teams! And that's a big difference!

The players we have had during these past few seasons have shown something not many 'Well teams that I've seen have had and that's sheer guts, a never say die attitude and a fear of nobody. I would say that only the Cup winning team could equal them in that regard.

Jeez when I was younger and we went to Aberdeen it usually meant a right humping!

So to answer the question, yes there is always the potential for things to get better but whether they will or not who can say? But guys please don't think ahead, just take the time to soak all this in and enjoy these times because they won't last forever. Football is cyclical.

C'mon the 'Well. yahoo.gif

• Like 1

I think over the years, with a few exceptions, I've seen better players at FP than the ones we had during the past few seasons but not better teams! And that's a big difference!

The players we have had during these past few seasons have shown something not many 'Well teams that I've seen have had and that's sheer guts, a never say die attitude and a fear of nobody. I would say that only the Cup winning team could equal them in that regard.

Jeez when I was younger and we went to Aberdeen it usually meant a right humping!

So to answer the question, yes there is always the potential for things to get better but whether they will or not who can say? But guys please don't think ahead, just take the time to soak all this in and enjoy these times because they won't last forever. Football is cyclical.

C'mon the 'Well. yahoo.gif

Spot on El Grew :drinks:

Thats it, to qualify for the europa groups is the final thing left for us, even winning a cup wouldnt be as big an achievement as finishing best of the rest again.

3 in a row is incredible!

It's been debated many times on this forum but in his recent interview shown at half time on the Alba coverage of the ICT game, Hammell said he would swap it all for a cup medal.

It's been debated many times on this forum but in his recent interview shown at half time on the Alba coverage of the ICT game, Hammell said he would swap it all for a cup medal.

Would love to see us lift a cup again and I do believe that this squad can do it if we keep most of them.

While I get the sentiment behind the statements, performing well in the league and winning the cup are not mutually exclusive so hopefully McCall can pull another great season out of the bag AND a Scottish cup win. I mean I'll take a league cup win but would rather it was the Scottish cup.

Hopefu;;y when it comes around to cup time again the memory of how we exited the cups wil spur the players on so that we don't get any repeat performances in the knockout competitions.

Having said the above i'd gladly swap a good season for a decent run in europe by that I mean not just reaching the group stages but actually making it through the group stages.