Where Do We Go From Here?

MelvinBragg

First thing he needs to do is to get the back four sorted out and stop leaking goals. Fuck the attacking football philosophy for a while and concentrate on making us harder to score against. A few draws would do us no harm.

Not sure I agree with this.

We've only conceded 4 goals more this season than after 9 games last season so although we are poorer defensively there isn't a huge difference.

Our main problems are not scoring and the morale collapsing when we go a goal down.

What we need to start doing is taking the lead in matches. As McCall pointed out yesterday the three times we've taken the lead this season we got a draw and two wins.

I think our morale issues stem around the difficulty we have scoring and breaking teams down and when we lose a goal the team just gives up the ghost so we really need to work on scoring.

If we are confident of scoring a goal, losing the opening goal isn't as big a problem, as we have shown numerous times over the last couple of seasons. And miracles of miracles we might even get the first goal ourselves.

We are a bit like Hibs just now.

Such an easy team to beat. Having watched on bemused as a decent; on paper, hibs side had their arse collapse time and again and eventually end in relegation, I hope we don't go down the same route.

(Even as far back as the 6-6 game hibs lacked any character, but that's certainly not something we could be accused of; on league business anyway, before this season)

Is it just me that is totally baffled by McCalls admission that he only starts working toward the game on a Thursday with the players, ie. Formations tactics etc?It smacks of e lack of organisation, awareness and nervousness we seem to be enduring week after week. Surely in 3 bloody years a manager should have by now worked out a style, system etc (albeit with minor variations depending on the match) which players should be working within / brought in to fit into.

It smacks of poor management structuring.

Is it just me that is totally baffled by McCalls admission that he only starts working toward the game on a Thursday with the players, ie. Formations tactics etc?It smacks of e lack of organisation, awareness and nervousness we seem to be enduring week after week. Surely in 3 bloody years a manager should have by now worked out a style, system etc (albeit with minor variations depending on the match) which players should be working within / brought in to fit into.

It smacks of poor management structuring.

I've no insight on how a weekly training schedule should shapeup but I was also surprised by McCalls assertions, particularly on the back of such a poor run. Amazed that the squad didn't review the Accies performance until Thursday.

It's all really strange. We've been playing bad but really it could also be looked at that we are one win away from 7th place. There are hugely experienced players in the team, hammell, McManus, Lesley, Sutton so I find it weird all the talk of such low confidence. Even in the best days a draw at Celtic park would have been viewed as really good.

For me McCall needs to pick his 11, and try and stick with it for 6 games and see where it takes us.

Expectation on the fans part needs to be more reasonable. We were always going to have a poor season at some point and everyone knew it. Just seems now it's happened that disbelief has set in. We as a a club struggling to get 4000 through the gates have no right to be expecting 2nd place finishes every year or even top 6 for that matter.

• Like 1

Watching the Dundee v sheep game just now on Alba. Very scrappy and passing poor. I may be clutching at straws but McCall may have a point when he says ' not much between the rest of the teams'

I'd agree with that assertion, but to flip it on it's head, the last 3 seasons we have done so well by consistently being marginally better than the teams beneath us. This season we have slipped to be marginally worse.

With the exception of a spell in the second half of the 2012/13 season where we were brilliant, certainly the best football since the mid 90s, we've been grinding out results by being slightly less shite than the opposition.

1412560662[/url]' post='422558']

People keep rattling on about what McCall did a year, two years, three years ago but it is what McCall does now that matters

You're right , it is about the here and now

But his previous good record should allow him some benefit of the doubt, it's between him and tommy mac for who has been most successful mgr whilst I have watched Mfc(over 40 years), probably tam shades cos of scottish cup win

There were plenty on his case too, even after the cup win

There may come a point when I feel SM might not have it to turn things round, but not there yet

You're right , it is about the here and now

But his previous good record should allow him some benefit of the doubt, it's between him and tommy mac for who has been most successful mgr whilst I have watched Mfc(over 40 years), probably tam shades cos of scottish cup win

There were plenty on his case too, even after the cup win

There may come a point when I feel SM might not have it to turn things round, but not there yet

wee tam went down with some people when he told them to fuck off in poland :nod:

For me McCall needs to pick his 11, and try and stick with it for 6 games and see where it takes us.

Ideally, yes. But when we've been unable to field a consistent first 11 due to injuries, and the majority of our players are under-performing, it makes this impossible.

This is a great opportunity for McCall to prove his worth when the going gets tough, this is now when he's tested and the first time since he took over

I'm looking forward to see how he picks the team up and turns this around, whether its new players or tactics, he tried a few of our backup players against Hamilton and we all know how that ended.

So as he's said you need to know the players you can rely on to put in a shift, the players don't all become shit overnight and we did not have a huge turnover last summer.

Injuries have played a big part in our season start, what is the new physo doing, i don't believe its a coincidence since Porteous left.

Also i think the 2nd position last year got some players thinking they are better that they are and are not working hard enough for the team.

Lets get behind the team, manager and club.

• Like 1