Two John Gahagan Articles

smithy10

John Gahagan wants spirit of '83

I was clinically depressed after relegation

Not sure if this are of interest lads and lasses. We have a Motherwell fan on our site.

http://www.cfclatest...d-spirit-of-83/

Cracking article from an ex player who still has Well at heart !

wonder if he fancies a game today yes.gif

MON RA DOSSERS

• 10 months later...

I see John Gahagan is on Peter and Roughies legends special show. Worth a watch.

John Gahagan, Wednesday December 30
Former Motherwell player John shares in the humour from his playing days, the darkness of his personal life and the laughter from the after-dinner circuit.

2u6cyvn.jpg

A good watch

It was, however, a psychologist would have a field day with Gahagan. He seemed a little on edge during the interview and at one point he asks Roughie if his answers are “okay’ which makes you wonder if he has some self confidence issues. Still, it was good to see an ex Well player make it on to their football legends programme. I always enjoyed watching him play, and it was sad to see him leave for Morton and ultimately miss out on a potential place on the 91 cup winning bench.

An entertaining discussion and when talking about the Well winning the cup soon after he left.

The question should be asked about his emotions playing for Morton against us in the quarter final. Did JG not in fact score one of their penalties in the shoot out?

An entertaining discussion and when talking about the Well winning the cup soon after he left.

The question should be asked about his emotions playing for Morton against us in the quarter final. Did JG not in fact score one of their penalties in the shoot out?

The only time I've ever wanted an opposition player to score a pen against us.

My first Motherwell favourite.

Met him and his missus at Edinburgh Airport on the way out to Athens for the Champions League qualifier. Great wee guy. Happy to take time out to stand and talk and take photos. You could tell he had a deep effection for the club. Ive heard he is an excellent after dinner speaker. On my list of things to do if I ever get the chance.

Met him and his missus at Edinburgh Airport on the way out to Athens for the Champions League qualifier. Great wee guy. Happy to take time out to stand and talk and take photos. You could tell he had a deep effection for the club. Ive heard he is an excellent after dinner speaker. On my list of things to do if I ever get the chance.

I've seen him 3 times and he is one of the best, if not the best I've seen. Probably helps there's a Motherwell connection to a lot of the anecdotes.

His nervous energy is weird! He sits looking like a nervous wreck, then gets on his feet and explodes for half an hour.

• Like 3

Met him when I stewarded the Motherwell Greatest Team event. At end of shift was on my way home walking along when I heard this voice shout out. Turned around and there was John who said " Here's some money to buy all the Stewards who worked today a drink" and handed over a wad of notes. Great guy

Just watched The Peter and Roughie interview. Very entertaining. Very honest and modest appraisal of his own style and ability. Probably why he is still so well regarded by most Well fans.

I've seen him 3 times and he is one of the best, if not the best I've seen. Probably helps there's a Motherwell connection to a lot of the anecdotes.

His nervous energy is weird! He sits looking like a nervous wreck, then gets on his feet and explodes for half an hour.

This.

When I have saw him he was looking so feart, then when he started there was a nervous explosion about his act too. He was also greatly hilarious.

Thanks for posting this link. Really enjoyed it.

Played before my time but from his after dinner speaking I always got the impression he wasn't much of a player. Nice to hear we took to him fondly. Agree with Peter martin best after dinner speaker in the country. Down to earth approachable guy I'm glad the way he portrays his career isn't 100% accurate

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought Gahagan was a very good player for us. I met him a few years ago at a Sportsmen's dinner up here in Sheepyland. He was speaking alongside Nobby Stiles. Great night and top fun. At the interval I approached him for his autograph and told him he had been one of my favourite players. As Nobby Stiles was in the toilet he asked me to come back and ask again when Nobby was back as he said he never got much of this. A great and funny guy.