Les Hutchison

FUNKspex

Re writing off his debt, I don't think so. The statement mentions short term funding over the next few months and deferred Loan Repayments. The early years of fan ownership will be critical so let's hope Les is willing to spread those repayments over a substantial number of years to minimise the financial pressure on the club. Also "other Board Members continuing" suggests his daughter is continuing in her role which might encourage Les to be patient regarding those payments.

All a bit sudden, which suggests to me that Les tired of his football project. He was so adamant about what had to be achieved before any transfer of ownership but all that now seems to have gone by the wayside.

Coupled with Derek Weir's departure, I just don't know if this latest turn of events will prove good or bad news.

Taking the reigns as it were the onus is on the 'Well Society to now communicate as quickly and as comprehensively as they possibly can to make clear what position we are at at present, where we need to get to and how quickly in ensuring the club is in a stable position.

There can be no two month period of radio silence under the guise of negotiation on this one.

The state of play has to be made known as a priority.

• Like 1

Taking the reigns as it were the onus is on the 'Well Society to now communicate as quickly and as comprehensively as they possibly can to make clear what position we are at at present, where we need to get to and how quickly in ensuring the club is in a stable position.

There can be no two month period of radio silence under the guise of negotiation on this one.

The state of play has to be made known as a priority.

This.

We need to know exactly what the current state of play is and what we need to do to secure the future of the club in the hands of the Well Society.

This announcement does give me the fear though.

• Like 1

sounds to me like he is following the example of David Murray at Rangers cutting his potential liabilities before they get any worse. we dont and never will have the fan base to sustain fan ownership through the WS, i am concerned for the future now.

Fans always have and will continue to put money into the club.

Unless a rich benefactor appears out of nowhere then that's what we will have to run on.

Well this is all very sudden!

Like others have stated, this gives me the fear also. And like others also, I don't believe we have the fan base to make a project like this work. In all likelyhood, if you haven't joined the society by now you probably never will.

Maybe the threat of administration will see a surge in membership?.....

sounds to me like he is following the example of David Murray at Rangers cutting his potential liabilities before they get any worse. we dont and never will have the fan base to sustain fan ownership through the WS, i am concerned for the future now.

We do have the fanbase, but the club would very likely look a lot different to what we see at the moment.

I doubt we'd be an SPFL club for a start.

Well this is all very sudden!

Like others have stated, this gives me the fear also. And like others also, I don't believe we have the fan base to make a project like this work. In all likelyhood, if you haven't joined the society by now you probably never will.

Maybe the threat of administration will see a surge in membership?.....

Sell Johnson and Moult for 500k each in the summer and we are good to go.

I think the change from the society possibly owning the club at an unspecified point in the distant future to the society actually owning the club will change how it is perceived.

In my opinion all the problems with the society were caused directly by the club and compounded by the society officials doing whatever the club wanted rather than what was best for the society.

Echo what has been said regarding the Society providing as much information as possible.

Doubt it will be quick in coming given their record and the fact the transfer of shares, etc has to go througb the legal process.

Definately a complete change of direction from the plan Les put in place. Pretty sure he will have some recourse in place should it go belly up such as him retianing security on Fir Park.

Until we get a statement from society its all speculation.

As I said earlier, the key players behind the Society have now got their wish and its up to them. Many aren't convinced, myself included, but happy to give them the opportunity. In an ideal world, fans owning their club is how it should be.

Time will tell.