Europe

maxywell

I think McGhee did take it seriously. Just got it wrong.

I'm sure he took it seriously too - just worried he might try to overthink thing again if he got the chance.

I wouldn't want to pass up the chance of another Euro spot, but I'd almost prefer McGhee got an extra couple of weeks pre-season with the team than have an early start again.

I'm sure he took it seriously too - just worried he might try to overthink thing again if he got the chance.

I wouldn't want to pass up the chance of another Euro spot, but I'd almost prefer McGhee got an extra couple of weeks pre-season with the team than have an early start again.

Aye, would agree with that.

Doesn't matter if they win the league. If they come 2nd and win the cup they'll still get the cup place for the Europa League and the 3rd and 4th team get in through their league position. So we can happily do Skippy Sunday mark 2.

I can't be the only one that finds this all a little bittersweet. If we hadn't effectively thrown away the first couple of months of the season under Baraclough or went throught the awful late goals phase earlier this year then I have no doubt we'd be up there fighting for top 3.

So it's down to UEFA Country Ranking now rather than club coefficient how many places we get? Or have I mis-read that

UEFA country ranking (country coefficient) is used to determine how many places a country gets aye. They work it using the results of the country's teams in Champions league and Europa League over past 5 years. Hence why I always want any Scottish team to do well...however hard that may be!

Club coefficient is only used to figure who is seeded in the actual competitions.