Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Celtic Sat 3 Dec 12:15

Yabba's Turd

Really hoping we have Lee Lucas is fit for this one and put him in ahead of Lasley, he's shown in the Ross County game that he's the best passer of the ball at the club and will vital in a game like Celtic. Hopefully Chalmers may be fit so if he wants to change it there we have McMillan and Joe ahead of Hammell.

Hi Guys, Haven't been on for a while, so this might off been commented on already.

This game against Celtic, I think the club need to start thinking about their finances rather than upsetting a few supporters who don't see the bigger picture. Falling home support that is getting more and more visible in recent games. Other clubs are giving Celtic and Rangers as many tickets as they want, cashing in on their numbers and giving their club much needed additional cash. I sit in the Cooper Stand and if your lucky this Saturday it will be half full at best!! I don't want to give up my seat , that I have had since the cooper stand opened, to another teams support, but we must wake up and realise our club is really struggling financially, 2500 SEATS x £22 !! I would move into the East Stand for these games no problem, if it is going to help my team survive.

I think the issue with the Cooper is twofold. One is that our own season ticket holders are inconvenienced. But the other issue is that it means there are fans of both sides spilling out on to the street at full time meaning fans in the O'Donnell and Hunter stands are intimidated.

• Like 2

Really hoping we have Lee Lucas is fit for this one and put him in ahead of Lasley, he's shown in the Ross County game that he's the best passer of the ball at the club and will vital in a game like Celtic. Hopefully Chalmers may be fit so if he wants to change it there we have McMillan and Joe ahead of Hammell.

Point taken, but is he a better defensive player than Lasley? I agree about Hammell but doubt that Chalmers will be match fit.

The thing that is really starting to scunner me about this fixture is McGhee's attitude beforehand. He is making the same noises as the past couple of games we have had with them.

We all know that Celtic are light years ahead of us at the moment but that doesn't mean we shouldn't go in with a positive mentality in the hope that we can do something. If our manager isn't atleast positive how does he expect the players/fans to be

• Like 1

The thing that is really starting to scunner me about this fixture is McGhee's attitude beforehand. He is making the same noises as the past couple of games we have had with them.

We all know that Celtic are light years ahead of us at the moment but that doesn't mean we shouldn't go in with a positive mentality in the hope that we can do something. If our manager isn't atleast positive how does he expect the players/fans to be

I don't know if you'll think this is negative or not but due to the Hamilton v Partick match it's impossible for us to be bottom of the league on Saturday night!

Did he not say in the post-match interview of the Partick game that 'winning here means it should be easy/easier for me to make them believe they can beat Celtic here'. I thought that was pretty optimistic.

Did he not say in the post-match interview of the Partick game that 'winning here means it should be easy/easier for me to make them believe they can beat Celtic here'. I thought that was pretty optimistic.

Not sure but listening to his interview after Hearts 'if we lose, we lose' and 'how can we fancy our chances' really doesn't fill me with hope. More of a general point when we play Celtic his attitude is really uninspiring. A more forward thinking/enthusastic manager would have a totally different outlook. We have a lot of young guys in that team who will have no fear which is a good thing in these games.

We have a lot of young guys in that team who will have no fear which is a good thing in these games.

Thats often said but it is really true? The young lads will take their lead from the likes of Mark McGhee, Keith Lasley, Stephen McManus and Stevie Hammell. I suspect they'll soak up a cautious safety first message. We need them to adopt a "have a go" attitude and if faced with a 50/50 decision to get wired in or back off get stuck in. All too often we've seen the likes of Chris Cadden charge up the park out of defence in these kind of games only to find nobody was prepared or able to back him up.

• Like 1

Not sure but listening to his interview after Hearts 'if we lose, we lose' and 'how can we fancy our chances' really doesn't fill me with hope. More of a general point when we play Celtic his attitude is really uninspiring. A more forward thinking/enthusastic manager would have a totally different outlook. We have a lot of young guys in that team who will have no fear which is a good thing in these games.

Besides Aberdeen, and St. Johnstone in what was a meaningless match, we are the only team to beat Celtic in the league for a couple of seasons. We are still the last Scottish club to win at Celtic Park.

You can be as forward looking as you like but Celtic are miles ahead of anyone else in the league. McGhee is one of a very select bunch to actually get a win off them.

As for young guys showing no fear, I was at Tynecastle last week and Ross McMillan probably had his nerviest match in a Motherwell shirt that I've seen. Was it a coincidence it was against a big team in front of a big crowd?

07 August 2016 Heart of Midlothian A W 2-1

20 August 2016 St. Johnstone A W 4-2

18 September 2016 Inverness C. Thistle A D 2-2

01 October 2016 Dundee A W 1-0

26 October 2016 Ross County A W 4-0

29 October 2016 Aberdeen A W 1-0

18 November 2016 Kilmarnock A W 1-0

Celtic's away league record this season. As you can see although they have won all but one of their matches they haven't quite been the all conquering goals juggernaut that they have been at Celtic Park.

From the last five there are three 1-0 wins and a 2-2 draw.

If we keep it tight there is a chance we can sneak something but we will have to put in probably our best performance of the season. Taking the game to them is in my opinion suicide as they have the pace and ability to pick us off if there are any spaces. We need to defend from the half way line rather than the 18 yard line and make quick attacks down the sides to keep their full backs in check.

Hi Guys, Haven't been on for a while, so this might off been commented on already.

This game against Celtic, I think the club need to start thinking about their finances rather than upsetting a few supporters who don't see the bigger picture. Falling home support that is getting more and more visible in recent games. Other clubs are giving Celtic and Rangers as many tickets as they want, cashing in on their numbers and giving their club much needed additional cash. I sit in the Cooper Stand and if your lucky this Saturday it will be half full at best!! I don't want to give up my seat , that I have had since the cooper stand opened, to another teams support, but we must wake up and realise our club is really struggling financially, 2500 SEATS x £22 !! I would move into the East Stand for these games no problem, if it is going to help my team survive.

You do have a point, but I think Patrick Thistle have created a lot of bad feeling with their own support by shifting them around to accommodate Old firm fans.

A lot of their own support didn't attend on Saturday, and they're the ones that would still be there if they got relegated.

It's a delicate balance between short term financial gain and the potential lasting damage to the core support.

Would like to draw people's attention to the attitude of James McFadden in the latest press conference, absolute night and day.

I get that McGhee is probably more measured by experience etc but IMO as a fan and a set of players you want to be hearing your management saying they believe they can win the game.