The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Surprised - no. Disappointed - a little bit. Not sure I understand why you would not sign a deal that would quite possibly increase your wages substantially. Let's face it we would still sell when we got a semi decent bid. This only means that a buying club if there is one does not need to pay the going rate, so we as a club suffer.

I don't really begrudge the guy and he should have enough goodwill from all fans to not resort to negative comments and tweets.

He has been coming back from an Op and it has shown in his performances. Again a shame for us because if clubs have been looking last few games they will not have been impressed. But then they should also factor in his performances last 2 years and not 2 weeks. But will they.

My worry is this gets a little ugly. Because we are not going to sell him unless we an offer we feel is better than keeping him for a year. So does he start to feel like Costa and Marvin and feel we are holding his career back ? Hope not as once again the exposure we have provided has helped up his profile substantially.

Time will tell....

Louis Moult has been a terrific signing on and off the park and thoroughly deserves all the accolades thrown his way . Hope he gets what he's looking for and I'm easy either way . See's his contract out and scores goals for us and keeps us up then happy days . That's worth more than £500k. If he leaves for cash then we take it get somebody else and move on . That's the way it works . That's the model and I for one am pretty relaxed about it . But as I say one way or another he's been a great ambassador for our club and wish him well whatever happens

• Like 3

So according to Robinson's comments in the press conference, both Moult and Heneghan are willing to run their contracts down. Presumably with a view to signing a pre-contract in January.

I don't doubt the commitment of both but losing them for free would be detrimental to the club model. While I understand the argument that Moults goals are of greater value than a likely transfer bid, I'd rather see him move just now with a view to investing in a adequate replacement that we'll likely have been working on for months, then the cycle starts again.

Having said that, any reasonable offers look unlikely and Moult/Heneghan may already know where they are going next summer.

So according to Robinson's comments in the press conference, both Moult and Heneghan are willing to run their contracts down. Presumably with a view to signing a pre-contract in January.

That's one interpretation.

Another interpretation is that we'd rather keep them for another year than sell them off cheap.

Getting relegated because we can't score goals would also be detrimental to the club model. And possibly more damaging long term . Can see both arguments to be honest but as I say very relaxed about the situation . Also Robinson seems to be too . Starting to like what I here from him .

• Like 1

Yeah, this is my view. I'd like to get more than 500k but I don't think we will unfortunately given Louis's injury and therefore slow start to the season. He's worth more to us than that I think for the reasons you've pointed out.

Great player for us, will continue to be and give 100% too. King Louis.

you're presuming that he would be happy to remain? He was told when he signed that it was to be sold again to make a profit. Holding on to a player who wants to leave and then leaves for nothing makes no sense.

you're presuming that he would be happy to remain? He was told when he signed that it was to be sold again to make a profit.

Louis Moult signed the contract. Surely even he wouldn't expect to be sold if we didn't make a profit on the deal?

Louis Moult signed the contract. Surely even he wouldn't expect to be sold if we didn't make a profit on the deal?

From that perspective, I'm sure you're right.

However, from what the Club and Moult have been saying, it sounds like the plan was always to sell him this season. Which makes sense as having a year left on a contract obviously bumps up the price.

I think all parties would prefer Moult to move on now for a decent fee, but we can't make clubs buy him.

What's more interesting is Robinson saying he has been speaking to a couple of targets and hopes to have new sigings in 3 or 4 days.

And with a massive reading between the lines, the language he was using to describe's Moult's situation sounded exactly like the language clubs use while they are negotiating a transfer with another club. I have a sneaking suspicion (based entirely on that language) there may be a deal in progress.

• Like 2

According to Luke Watt, both him and Jake Hastie have joined Airdrie on loan. Interested to see how Jake does.

ive been told its under some sort of development agreement which would still allow them to play for the 20s if craggs needed or wanted them.

From that perspective, I'm sure you're right.

However, from what the Club and Moult have been saying, it sounds like the plan was always to sell him this season. Which makes sense as having a year left on a contract obviously bumps up the price.

I think all parties would prefer Moult to move on now for a decent fee, but we can't make clubs buy him.

What's more interesting is Robinson saying he has been speaking to a couple of targets and hopes to have new sigings in 3 or 4 days.

And with a massive reading between the lines, the language he was using to describe's Moult's situation sounded exactly like the language clubs use while they are negotiating a transfer with another club. I have a sneaking suspicion (based entirely on that language) there may be a deal in progress.

thats just far to sensible for on here. Sound right though.

So just do the deal no need to say offer has been rejected. Sounds more like come back in with any offer rather than none.

Strange he rejected it but not unexpected. Could have signed with a buy out clause that way both parties happy. Instead will prob sign elsewhere in Jan on better wages using another club as a stepping stone. Fair enough but if that's the case it would be a rough last 6 months

Sounds like the Twitter equivalent of the guy who was screaming "YER NO AT ABERDEEN YET LOUIS" over and over and over again at the RC cup game...

Also think given the lack of interest and his pish start to the season we'll be lucky to get £300k for him.

I suspect that's all we have been offered and he's frustrated we are not accepting that hence this little announcement

That seems good business with the Airdrie moves.

Not bothered by the Moult situation. Signing Moult on a three year deal was a great move for us and we're in a good position.

He stays and delivers another 18 goals this year, leaving on a free in June.

We get a huge offer for him that offsets the dividends due to Wrexham and Les and he moves on now.

I'm sure his attitude and application will be first class as always.

I'm sure his attitude and application will be first class as always.

That's exactly it for me. If he ends up staying, he'll be 100% committed to the cause.

Stark contrast in attitude/likeability between him and someone like Jacob Blyith.

• Andy_P locked this topic