The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

If you believe what you read, seems to be the case. Upside? A bigger fee. Downside? For me, harder to replace...

Yeah, according to the papers/online Hull are favourites but Cardiff and Nottingham Forrest are also interested. Cardiff having a scout at the game on Saturday.

Cadden is key to the team and has a couple years left. It will take a big wedge for us to accept this late in the window and with a guaranteed compensation amount due as has been discussed before. Or, a fairly big wedge and a loan back deal perhaps.

I see mr burrows has been in the press going on about how we should all be supporting Celtic in the champions league and how they are solely responsible for 12.5 percent of our yearly budget. Ffs, cheers for that Alan, how often are we going to getting that shoved down our throat by there supporters for years to come.

• Like 3

I've never had it shoved down mine, and if they did, I wouldn't care. Just smile and say thanks, especially when we beat them

so you've never heard them go on about how the old firms traveling support keeps all us diddy clubs going? Well now we have got our own club admitting it openly. Not only that but putting a percentage on it. Glad you can laugh about it.

I see mr burrows has been in the press going on about how we should all be supporting Celtic in the champions league and how they are solely responsible for 12.5 percent of our yearly budget. Ffs, cheers for that Alan, how often are we going to getting that shoved down our throat by there supporters for years to come.

so you've never heard them go on about how the old firms traveling support keeps all us diddy clubs going? Well now we have got our own club admitting it openly. Not only that but putting a percentage on it. Glad you can laugh about it.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

giphy.gif

Back to the big rebuild though. Been playing about with Wyscout today for the first time due to some work I am doing. Very impressive platform

True that. Great for a wee nosey more than anything, but digging through clips of what folk you're entirely unaware of have done is pretty enlightening. The option to watch 'significant action' type stuff from games is brilliant.

Couldn't give a flying fuck about it. Lots and lots of things in this world to get riled up about, that's not one of them. It simply isn't important at all.

• Like 2

I've heard it frequently from Sevco fans when they're doing their victim stance but this is real money that all clubs receive. In addition, good performances in Europe by any Scottish team benefits us all in co-efficient.

The only thing strange about the CEO of a Scottish club supporting other Scottish teams in Europe is that people find it weird.

The more Scottish teams that are successful in Europe the better, for all sorts of reasons. It brings more money into the game, it improves our seedings, it raises the profile of our game and helps attracts a better class of player to the SPFL.

Nothing is going to make the OF fans less obnoxious, but nobody forces you to listen to them or take them seriously.

• Like 2

If we accept anything less than £1,000,000 for Cadds it's a disgrace. Still has 2 years left on contractplus development fee due. Cummings left Hibs for Forest for £1,000,000 and look at the deals Dundee Utd have achieved over the years. Hope we keep Cadds as we will struggle to replace him

I agree if Cadden was to go it should be for a high figure.

Don't look at Dundee Utd, however, for any of the fees they received. They were part of a strategy that saw them over pay many players on very long contracts. Horrible business model that saw them relegated, lose all their good players, and still rack up big financial losses after the big fees were received.

Maybe we should just pin a thread to the forum where we talk about getting a million for player, sell them undisclosed with add ons, never really know how much they went for what the add ons were, then all have a moan, repeat? Would save us all a lot of time.

• Like 1

£1,000,000 for Cadden isnt as far-fetched as some of the more outlandish claims I've seen over the past couple of years with regards to our players. Cadden is young, very experienced for his age (I'd actually have given him the captains armband at the weekend just past), strong, quick and appears to be a 'good type' in so much that he looks like a grafter, looks like he enjoys what he does, doesn't whinge when moved position and actively looks to encourage his team-mates. He's got a lot going for him, and I'm not surprised that he is attracting more attention at a Championship level, than Moult and Heneghan combined, because in Cadden there is probably a lot more to work with for the future given his age in comparison to Ben and Louis.

However, of the three, I think he'd be the easiest to replace, which sounds strange on the face of it. If we can get Moult back to the player he was just a few months ago, hes nigh on impossible to replace, his goals and his work-rate were a joy to watch, thats fallen off a cliff recently but once the window closes I think he may well just knuckle down and relax back into the player we know is there. Heneghan has impressed me a wee bit more recently, and when he went to the central defender in the back 3 on Saturday he strolled it, whereas when he went to the right-side of a back 3 at times last season he was like a fish out of water. Heneghan, will be difficult to replace in so much that he is now the 'old head' in the defence since Mick retired and to get someone with his experience will be difficult.

If we continue to play a 3-5-2, which I think looks likely, I only see one position for Cadden in the team and this is right wing-back. I know he has played in the middle at various age groups and for the 1st team this season, but I don't see it in there, I think he looks much more confident and composed on the right hand-side. If we sell Cadden for £600,000 plus I think we'd be able to utilise that money for other areas of the side (probably left-midfield, and striker) while not massively weakening the side by playing Tait in that right-wing back role.

• Like 3

• Andy_P locked this topic