Scottish Premiership Game 5: Kilmarnock (H) Saturday 09/09/17

Yabba's Turd

First post so go easy on me

On entering the ground my first impression was of the properly structured and organised warm up that Keith was conducting. No aimless kicking the ball back and forward which achieves very little.

If it wasn't for Alan Campbell my man of the match would be Hartley. Form the first minute he was organising the guys around him. He is very composed in all he does. Maybe it's too early but if he wants to play for us he should be offered a permanent contract asap. Campbell is immense. Should be the first name on the team sheet. Why is he not in the Scotland u21 squad? Completely outplayed Wilson of Kilmarnock who is in the squad.

Cedric is intimidating in the best possible way. If his strong fair challenge was a booking then the game has gone mad.

Tait has adapted well to playing on the left. However he may have to be left out when Frear is fit. Cadden has to play further up the park. He is not as dangerous when he has to carry the ball so far. Grimshaw to go in there?

Moult and Bowman are developing a partnership that will terrorise defences. Attitude of both is first class.

Last thought. Bobby Madden is hopeless but he's not the only one.

Good post, first one or not. To pick up on one or two points, Tait is a good squad player but for me Frear has to return on the left flank to give us some much needed pace and take the heat off Cadden. I liked Grimshaw's energy when he came on too. One thing I'm not sure about in the current set up though is that Bowman seems to be playing off Moult. I'd rather that Moult was told to stay up front and in the centre. Too often on Saturday he was the one who was playing balls into the box for others to use. Thats not his game and not the best use of his talents.

We have a much better squad this year and it may well be that Robbo uses more players in a squad rotation system. I've no problems with that.

Yes, Madden was poor on Saturday. At one point he got in the way of McHugh who was trying to getm off a shot on goal. His booking of Kipre was downright wrong, and he missed a lot of fouls on Moult. He also failed to stamp out a bit of play acting and diving from Killie especially, young Taylor (genuinely out of character for Killie I have to say), Fortunately he got no major decisions wrong but had a poor game overall.

Imo not a sending off on Saturday as Bowmen had already missed so was not a goal scoring opportunity but why O,Donnell was not booked for pulling him back when he turned him on edge of box is totally baffling as booking all day long .In regards to Dunne at County they obviously thought stopped him from getting ball so classed as scoring opportunity

Except, as someone pointed out, Bowman's wasn't a goal scoring opportunity because he was taken out after he shot (and missed), while Dunne was deemed to have tackled the ICT guy before he shot.

true. In some ways I think that's worse. If he intentionally took Ryan out after the ball is away then to shows intent to cause injury. Not that it really matter now.