• Nadir Çiftçi
    • Gaël Bigirimana
    • Elliott Frear
    • Cédric Kipré
    • Deimantas Petravičius
    • Liam Brown
    • Null Vote

Your thoughts and votes please...

Went for Grimshaw for his non stop running and work rate. He might just have got himself a cup final place. Good performances from Aldred and young McGuire and Turnbull.

COYW

Grimshaw for me.

His intensity from the off was impressive.

Snapped into tackles, broke up the play and passed it on magnificently.

If fit should be a certain starter next week.

• Like 1

Thought Barry Maguire was outstanding, never put a foot  wrong all day,  Grimshaw also ran the midfield today,  bigi was simple but effective in there and Aldred also solid as ever so if I had to choose one I'm going for Maguire this afternoon.

I feel sorry for Allred and Grimshaw as they would normally get a man of the match award for their performance today, but Nadir's performance and his second goal was well worth his Mof M award, but why wait to his last game to come up with that performance!!

Grimshaw for me, Bigi, Aldred McGuire and Ciftci all contributed to a very enjoyable afternoon.

Wasn’t at the game but if I read the reports correctly, Taite with three assists must merit at least a mention no?

Grimshaw for me. If I'm not mistaken, the only two 'senior' professionals that have played regularly and are out of contract in the summer are Rose and Grimshaw. There have been rumours that Rose wants to move back to the US, but there's been no real discussion on Grimshaw's situation. He certainly seems to have contributed more recently having barely featured in the first half of the season. Be interesting to see if we offer him a new deal with McHugh, Campbell, Bigirimana, Tanner and now Turnbull competing for midfield places...

Wasn’t at the game but if I read the reports correctly, Taite with three assists must merit at least a mention no?
Despite the assists, I didn't actually think that Tait was quite up to his usual standard today. A few stray passes and not quite as assured as normal in possession.

If anything though I'd say it's a compliment to how consistently good he's been this season that he can have a bit of an off day and still contribute three assists.

Now that people have finally realised that if you play the ball to footballers feet he will play football

close call ........grimmy for me........and next week rather  than the captain mc.Boab

Ciftci had a great game and looked much more comfortable as a loan striker with his back to goal holding things up. He is not the kind to run in behind so today suited him. Grimshaw was still MoTM though.

Wasn't many failures in the team today but Ciftci did things today that as a football fan you'd actually pay to watch.

Some touch  - just a shame he has the fitness and mobility of Ann Widdecombe.

• Like 2

A close run thing between Grimshaw and Ciftci for me but I'll plump for the former. 

Went for Grimshaw today due to his emergy levels being off the chart. I believe also that Maguire and Turnbull could build on the path Campbell has set and claim a place in the first team for next season if these early performances are anything to go by.

Grimshaw for me 

his work rate was tremendous and he bossed the mid field all game