Jump to content

Andy_P

St Mirren Man of the Match (Scottish Cup Replay)

St Mirren Man of the Match (Scottish Cup Replay)   

40 members have voted

  1. 1. St Mirren Man of the Match

    • Mark Gillespie
      0
    • Liam Grimshaw
      0
    • Jake Carroll
      0
    • Peter Hartley
      0
    • Bevis Mugabe
      0
    • Liam Donnelly
    • Ross MacIver
    • Allan Campbell
    • Tony Watt
    • Liam Polworth
    • Rolando Aaron
    • Mark O'Hara
    • Richard Tait
    • Jermaine Hylton
      0
    • Christy Manzinga
      0


Recommended Posts

Ohara. Donnelly played well second half but was poor in first (along with most of defensive side) -penalty was pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark O'Hara by a country mile. He has consistently been our best midfielder since the winter break and should never have been dropped tonight. He was an absolute standout when he came on and allowed everyone else to up their game. We should be offering this boy a pre-contract right now to get him signed up for next year.

Mentions for Donnelly who was excellent at centre half. Tait who looked back to his old self and must start Saturday. Watt, who grew into the game and showed that he may indeed have something to offer us. Hylton, Aarons and Grimshaw all had decent second halves.

Maybe playing everyone in their right positions will catch on?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tait will be at left back if we play a back 4, but why not stick with 3 randoms like last night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If gallagher fit then I would go a back 3 of him Donnelly and Tait......have o'hara,  Polworth and Campbell in middle with grimshaw and Aaron's wide and long (if fit) and watt up front......seemples

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can’t afford to keep giving Mugabe and Manzinga minutes in big games. 

Donnelly should partner Gallagher now until Dunne is back fit. 

Glad we gave McIvor the start last night given the options. Hopefully Long can come back in there against Hamilton though. 

O’Hara and Tait should also start at the weekend.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gee said:

We can’t afford to keep giving Mugabe and Manzinga minutes in big games. 

Donnelly should partner Gallagher now until Dunne is back fit. 

Glad we gave McIvor the start last night given the options. Hopefully Long can come back in there against Hamilton though. 

O’Hara and Tait should also start at the weekend.  

I thought Maciver done well last night, his error for the second (shouldn't have been there in the first place) but he never let his head drop, wee bit light weight but won a few knock ons, like yourself glad he was given the nod ahead of seedorf or Manzinga.

 

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

If gallagher fit then I would go a back 3 of him Donnelly and Tait......have o'hara,  Polworth and Campbell in middle with grimshaw and Aaron's wide and long (if fit) and watt up front......seemples

this is the team I text my pal, I don't think watt will be fit though so maybe Maciver again?

on another note, where is semple, wasn't in the reserve squad the other day, or on our bench last night? I was surprised to Manzinga on the bench never mind come on after perth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Mark O'Hara by a country mile. He has consistently been our best midfielder since the winter break and should never have been dropped tonight. He was an absolute standout when he came on and allowed everyone else to up their game. We should be offering this boy a pre-contract right now to get him signed up for next year.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Mark O'Hara by a country mile. He has consistently been our best midfielder since the winter break and should never have been dropped tonight. He was an absolute standout when he came on and allowed everyone else to up their game. We should be offering this boy a pre-contract right now to get him signed up for next year

No chance of that happening as remember we have no money and cant afford to sign anyone!!! Ba boom

If we get rid of Hylton and seedorf and use their wages for o'hara it's a great bit of business

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

No chance of that happening as remember we have no money and cant afford to sign anyone!!! Ba boom

If we get rid of Hylton and seedorf and use their wages for o'hara it's a great bit of business

We are currently paying him a wage. Boy is quoted as saying he loves it here and would be receptive to staying long term so I dont think he would be that difficult to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

We are currently paying him a wage. Boy is quoted as saying he loves it here and would be receptive to staying long term so I dont think he would be that difficult to deal with.

I know, I was being sarcastic.    We just always seem to play the we have no money card.     O'Hara would be a great signing and needs a run of games

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh sarcasam, i must have missed that bit.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×