David

2022/23 ins & outs discussion

The thing to remember about Solholm, and I presume Ojala, is that he (they) came from Scandi countries where I think they play in the summer so they've had no break before going straight into a long season with us. I suspect Ojala has been playing through injury too. Might explain the dip in form and Ojala's recent lack of pace. Let's see what a break and a pre-season brings.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

The thing to remember about Solholm, and I presume Ojala, is that he (they) came from Scandi countries where I think they play in the summer so they've had no break before going straight into a long season with us. I suspect Ojala has been playing through injury too. Might explain the dip in form and Ojala's recent lack of pace. Let's see what a break and a pre-season brings.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see if a proper pre season makes a difference for some, including the cultural Scandinavians. I know Sheilds had an injury early in the season, and our signings were spread throughout the windows, so hopefully there will be a little more cohesion next season with a slightly smaller rebuild required.

Ojala and Sol looked good initially, so I'm hoping the long season really is the issue for both of them, but Ojala runs like he needs a hip replacement, and has been subbed off frequently, so I think there's a bigger issue there.

9 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Sensible post Haggis - facts overlooked by some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

What a ridiculous question, 'Hey Tom, we're prepared to let you leave ever though you still have a year on yir contract', Oh can I sign for Motherwell', have you ever considered a career as a comedian. Seriously if you are going to to post something, post something credible :huh:

That’s ridicule. Expect the wrath.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Would take Ricky Lamie, he's good

Haww..behave......ah'll do the jokes!  Lol

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

What a ridiculous question, 'Hey Tom, we're prepared to let you leave ever though you still have a year on yir contract', Oh can I sign for Motherwell', have you ever considered a career as a comedian. Seriously if you are going to to post something, post something credible :huh:

I don't think he was being serious, anyway he still wouldn't game ahead of Goss

• Like 1

I know some on here hate us bringing players back in but I'd think James Scott would be a loan option next year. 

Hull still in the Championship so got some money to spend, his spell at Hibs didn't set the Heather alight (though he seems to be getting more minutes now). From what he was doing before he left us I think he could work as part of the the front three formation we play.

Though I'm sure if he was available we'd face stiff competition from St Mirren.

I wouldn't be against Scott returning, if he's played in the same wide role and we also bring back Ariyibi to benefit from his dirty work.

I think Hibs we're playing him through the middle, where he's less effective .

2 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

I know some on here hate us bringing players back in but I'd think James Scott would be a loan option next year. 

Hull still in the Championship so got some money to spend, his spell at Hibs didn't set the Heather alight (though he seems to be getting more minutes now). From what he was doing before he left us I think he could work as part of the the front three formation we play.

Though I'm sure if he was available we'd face stiff competition from St Mirren.

I would think Hibs supporters would be delighted if we took Scott as they were certainly not wanting Hibs to take him for next season!

4 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Hiya pot, hiya pal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Hiya pot, hiya pal.

Another ridiculous post, straight out of the Pub and posting, you really should know better. It's your baby right enough;)

8 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

I would think Hibs supporters would be delighted if we took Scott as they were certainly not wanting Hibs to take him for next season!

Aye, he's not performed at Hibs but he's shown in his time with us and in his early time at Hull that he has something about him if deployed right.  

No insider info or anything. Just pulled out my arse for a bit of discussion 

14 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Aye, he's not performed at Hibs but he's shown in his time with us and in his early time at Hull that he has something about him if deployed right.  

No insider info or anything. Just pulled out my arse for a bit of discussion 

He only got 6 starts at Hibs, 3 at each end of the season and most of them were up top on his own.  Maloney basically ghosted him. 

Apparently he was Hibs best player last time out against Dundee but you can understand why Hibs fans would want a very large broom going through there.

You can never know quite how injuries and lack of game time can effect players, especially younger players, but I'd take him back. 

I would certainly take a chance on Scott. He’s young, strong, pretty decent pace, and does have a level of technical ability. Putting all that together that’s superior to a good few of our normal summer signings over the last five years.

15 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Take it you don't know Celtic have announced Rogic and Bitton are leaving at the end of the season

3 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

I would certainly take a chance on Scott. He’s young, strong, pretty decent pace, and does have a level of technical ability. Putting all that together that’s superior to a good few of our normal summer signings over the last five years.

He certainly has the physical presence and hold up play to give us cover for KVV.  Wouldnt be the worst decision. My main reservation would be that it would likely be on loan and you are then back in the realms of developing someone elses player.  He is however a known quantity. Just depends if you favour that over making a permanent signing that may or may not work.

2 hours ago, cambo97 said:

Take it you don't know Celtic have announced Rogic and Bitton are leaving at the end of the season

Are you for real, that's as good a reply as Jake Carrolls defending. 

9 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Another ridiculous post, straight out of the Pub and posting, you really should know better. It's your baby right enough;)

Another who doesn't know me, you attack a poster for posting 'nonsense' but have had your own thread closed for your outlandish claims and circular arguments.
Who's being ridiculous?

6 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

He only got 6 starts at Hibs, 3 at each end of the season and most of them were up top on his own.  Maloney basically ghosted him. 

Apparently he was Hibs best player last time out against Dundee but you can understand why Hibs fans would want a very large broom going through there.

You can never know quite how injuries and lack of game time can effect players, especially younger players, but I'd take him back. 

I'd be happy to see him back too - we missed him the second half of the season after we sold him.

If he does move, though, you just know it's odds on he goes to Paisley.

32 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Another who doesn't know me, you attack a poster for posting 'nonsense' but have had your own thread closed for your outlandish claims and circular arguments.
Who's being ridiculous?

You closed it so you are, as I said you don't know me either, but you have the power, had the shoe been on the other foot, plenty of your aimless discussions would have been closed. PS, I stick by that thread, Boyle had to get rid if money quickly or the taxman got it. Remember I may have opinions you don't like, but I've never put the club into administration and near oblivion. Remember that post got more replies than a topic on Keith Lassley. Cue hunners posting on it. :D

21 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

You closed it so you are, as I said you don't know me either, but you have the power, had the shoe been on the other foot, plenty of your aimless discussions would have been closed. PS, I stick by that thread, Boyle had to get rid if money quickly or the taxman got it. Remember I may have opinions you don't like, but I've never put the club into administration and near oblivion. Remember that post got more replies than a topic on Keith Lassley. Cue hunners posting on it. :D

It's still hilarious that you think losing 10 million in a football club investment is somehow better than moving your 10 million to an offshore company and making a profit from it. (Or even just paying tax on the 10 million).

Looking forward to your detailed insight into how those sums work.

7 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Usually, I would have agreed with this but sadly can't as the boy's form has dropped off a cliff to the extent that many of the fans of a below average Hibernian regard him as the worst signing in many a year.

As a follower of Scotland Under 21's I can also say that Scott having begun the current campaign is now entirely off the selection radar.

Many people have theories on why his profile has diminished. 

But as a prospect to improve our team? 

Sadly, not for me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, weeyin said:

It's still hilarious that you think losing 10 million in a football club investment is somehow better than moving your 10 million to an offshore company and making a profit from it. (Or even just paying tax on the 10 million).

Looking forward to your detailed insight into how those sums work.

You are obviously more fiscally clued up and older and wiser than me. ;)

2 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

You are obviously more fiscally clued up and older and wiser than me. ;)

Well I know that spending a lot of money leaves you with less in your bank account than not spending a lot of money. If that means I'm more fiscally clued up than you, then yes.

I wouldn't make claims about being older and wiser because an old, wise person would never do that.

• Haha 1