David Clarkson

Juan Kerse

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can only echo what the others have said. I liked the line somebody (Al B?) said about "should Clarkson wear another teams colours etc..." I still feel that way but will now look for Bristol Citys score before anyone elses now and look forward to seeing Clarky re-united with Faddy in claret and amber again one day (It WILL happen!)

All the best Clarky.

Bye Davie and thanks for the memories, a true proffesional and a great servant to the club, you leave with your head held high and your dignity intact (Unlike your former boss).

From a purely business point of view a good deal was done , from a fans point of view gutted to lose him.

:thumbup: to DC from us all

Hiya Steelmen, yet another Bristol City fan on your forum.

I have been reading your thoughts on Clarkson for a few days and I can guarantee our fans will love him as his workrate sounds ideal for us.

We will look after him for you and let's hope he becomes an Ashton Gate legend and leads our attack into our new 30 000 stadium in Ashton Vale in 3 years!

Enjoying reading your forum and best of luck!

CU

All the very best to David,a true gentleman. i hope he enjoys a great career down south as he deserves it. i remember his first game for us and knew he'd have a good future. It stumbled a few times due to managers but you can tell he's came back stronger from it in particular the last couple of years.

You've done yourself proud at our club mate and you've done your family and your uncle proud.

get down south and get right in amongst it young man.

Best of luck clarky

it will be weird not seeing him in claret and amber every week!!

hopefully him and faddy return to Fir Park at some point :thumbup:

if quinn leaves it'll just be fitzy left of that team!!

Faddy, pearo, clarky, quinn?, fagan.. are all away now

Best of luck clarky

it will be weird not seeing him in claret and amber every week!!

hopefully him and faddy return to Fir Park at some point :)

if quinn leaves it'll just be fitzy left of that team!!

Faddy, pearo, clarky, quinn?, fagan.. are all away now

Hammel and Lasley? :P

I'm more than a wee bit upset at this, I had hoped Clarky would stick around a wee bit longer but realised that now was probably the best time for him to make the break. Still doesn't make me feel any better that we've lost probably our most influential player. I can honestly say that I've very rarely felt this way when a player, in fact I can only remember three times. When Dixie Deans and Uncle Phil left for Celtic were the two other occasions.

I'm more than a wee bit upset at this, I can honestly say that I've very rarely felt this way when a player left

Me too but it is just the romanticism of Davie and Motherwell FC that is all. If you think about the money we have in for him, the fact he would be likely leaving next season or in Jan anyway and the likelihood that we will get a Striker in who in footballing terms is as good or better than him and will score the 12 or 13 that Davie chips in it is a very good deal for us!

Really sad to see Clarky leave, but all the very best of luck to him down South - he'll be a hit I'm certain. You'll rarely see a more determined, more loyal player. I'll always remember when we drew 2-2 up at Sheepyville. He scored twice then, after they'd came back to leve after being 2-0 down, Clarky got clean through on the left but with a virtual open goal, he screwed the ball across the box with McDonald just inches away. Talking to Clarky after the game, he simply said "I was fu*ked!!". Great player, superb person.

Gutted to see him leave. A true professional who proves that with perseverance and hard-work, you can achieve anything. Truly earned his move and no one can grudge that.

Best of luck Clarky, hopefully be back at Fir Park one day.

Good luck Clarky.

Through all the bad times you've still come through and become a much loved and admired person and footballer. Thank you for the memories.

Watching you at the end of the Scottish Cup game against Hearts at Tynecastle will live long in the mind for not just me but for everybody that was there that day.

Go and make Phil proud :lol:

On holiday and just heard the news. Gutted that DC has left, thought that he'd be with us forever. I'll need to break the bad news to a young 'Well fan in the morning who ain't going to a happy kid at all. Anyhoo, aw'ra'very best to you in the Championship and here's hoping you help lead us to SA and the World Cup too.