Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

My Team:

GK - Ruddy - Bigger than Fraser so might be able to catch a football = picked!

DL - Hammell - Our best left back and has experience

DC - Craigan - First name on the team sheet

DC - Reynolds - Did well in his new roll, but I think we will need his pace at the back

DR - Hutchison - Did well in the centre of defence, but I think he has the ability to be a full back.

ML - Slane - Give him the Faddy Role

MC - Forbes - Central Midfield slot for the wee man

MR - Lasley - Again experience and a bit of dig (If he can be bothered)

AMR - Humphrey - Got the pace to cause problems

AML - Murphey - Again has the pace to give them problems

ST - Sutton - Big Sutton up top with the other two feeding of him

With that formation we will get beat 2-1 !!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of Steaua's recent European wins:

Steaua 2-1 Besiktas (UEFA Cup 2004/05)

Steaua 2-0 Valencia (UEFA Cup 2004/05)

Steaua 4-0 Lens (UEFA Cup 2005/06)

Heerenveen 1-3 Steaua (UEFA Cup 2005/06)

Betis 0-3 Steaua (UEFA Cup 2005/06)

Steaua 2-1 Standard Liege (Champions League Qual. 2006/07)

Dynamo Kyiv 1-4 Steaua (Champions League Group Stage 2006/07)

Steaua 1-0 Galatasaray (Champions League Qual. 2008/09)

Steaua's European results and prestige had me scared but then I started thinking of Celtic. They can boast results over Man United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Milan in recent years- and over the past 5 years we've had some successes against them.

I'm a lot more confident now. I still think we'll lose, but it'll be by a narrow margin.

concerning those jokes, it actually says on that site that it's meant to be light-hearted humor as a change after all the tension with the Ujpest hungarian fans. also the jokes in english were picked off google and are a lot less funny than the 4 in Romanian. Except for the one with the tea bag :doh:

Hey guys greetings from Romania just here to wish you the best of luck tomorrow against this joke of a team called steaua...contrary to what you hear from others, not everybody loves steaua, nor is it some kind of super-team. All you need is the will to win you'll see  :doh:

I guess it's apropiate to say : MON THE WELL :lol:

P.S. excuse any english mistakes

Just seen this on the BBC forum thingy, thought I'd post it up..

I'm a Celtic fan from Cluj, Romania but in the last 10 years I watched more SPL than Romanian league. So that's why I'll be cheering Well tomorrow and I would like to wish you good luck.

Don't be afraid of them, they are missing 5 first team players due to suspensions and injuries so they'll be experimenting.

They also have some youngsters that they promoted to the first team as they sell some of their players and didn't get new signings.

They are an arrogant side and they'll probably treat you as a pub team. After you won with Flamutari, Steaua's owner and even some of their players suspected that the match was rigged and you paid the Albanians to lose.

Dont be afraid of them and if you manage to score a goal in Bucharest and not concede too many you'll have a fair chance at Fir Park. Romanian teams away form in UK is dreadful, last time one of them won over there was in the 80s, they get very intimidated by the atmosphere. Few years ago Steaua was leadin Boro 3-0 on aggregate and in less then 45 minutes they managed to concede 4 goals.

Good luck! I'll be cheering for you!

I'm trying not to to get carried away thinking we've won it (I know it'll be a tough test) but, it does seem more promosing, give it 6.45pm tomorrow and I'll think were doomed. :doh:

Pretty gutted I'm not out in Bucharest the now.

Hard to predict tomorrow, they could either wipe the floor with us or we could give a good account for ourselves and be in with a shout next week.

I'm more wooried about our lack of experience as opposed to the talent in Steaua's ranks. Interested to see what team Gannon will go with.

Viva Motherwell...

Hi Guys,

I registered just to put my 2 cents in here! I noticed that you

guys are more civilized, more fair and less prejudiced than most

UK fans or press against romanians! Not to mention the most racist

, malicious people,the hungarians!!! Its refreshing to see that!

But I think your club went a little too far with 'warnings' about travelling

to Romania, so I decided to write this to the club yesterday:

Dear Motherwell fans, Yesterday we warned you about some of the potential problems you could encounter in Romania, such as pickpockets, overcharging taxi drivers, lack of public toiletts, money exchange problems, etc! But those, we found out, were the least dangerous for you! After a thorough research with the help of the most 'distinguished' 'legitimate' , 'unbiased' publication that ever existed, The Sun, from London, we came to the conclusion that Romania is a 3 rd world country,(ignore the historical facts that they exist for 2500 years, they have LATIN roots, not..gypsies) where canibalism is still practiced(dont worry, they mostly like ..swedish girls) and that they dont have electricity yet, never heard of internet, they like to impale unrully foreigners in the center square as sacrifice for comunism to return! Also, beware, they found the H1N1 virus in Romania, and only in Romania, the rumor that other 160 countries have it also, its started by the romanians themselves, not to look so bad that they got the 'swine' flu by ...having relationships with pigs! yeah, and also the water, dont be fooled that Romania has the most pure, natural mineral sources in Europe and sell their great mineral water all over the world, just dont drink the water, they probably poissoned it because they got tired of turists! Also, be carefull if someone wants to sell you a baby for and IPod, you dont know if the baby is real or fake! And then one day, that baby will grow up and will pick your pockets or maybe even sell you to the gypsies! If you wont find a horse and buggy to take you to the stadium, then walk, but be carefull with the stray dogs! they are working for the government and they might force you to give them your wallet or even worse, to have sex with them! Dont look them in the eyes and dont feed them! That is a signal for them to rape you! You better bring your own beer, they never heard of beer in Romania! And yes, watch out for prostitutes, Romania is the only country in the world that has them! And be aware that nobody in Romania speaks english(dont be fooled by the statistics that 45% of romanians speak at least 3-4 languages!) and you will have to learn romanian real fast! And ,since they are a 'tribe' of savages, their language is more like a lot of grunts, so good luck with that! So, you see, the fact that UK fans are known as the most hulliganic in the world, a bunch of alcoholics , rude, racists, it doesnt matter! They are worse! You can continue to pee in public places, on doors, windows, bushes, cars, who cares, that would teach them to built more public toiletts(which you wont use anyway! wink!), beat people up, knife them if you get away with it!!! Well, there is more, but I dont want to scare you away from going to such a backwards, uncivilized place, where they will pick your pockets! Jesus! That will never happen in UK or other 'civilized' countries! Well, good luck and dont destroy the place if we happen to lose by more than 3 goals! PS,,,,If by any chance you get arrested by the police, its known that bribes still works in Romania, or if you ran out of money, give them sex!!''''

WELL, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MISSED THE SARCASM, GO HERE:

www.myspace.com/petertudosio

You have to understand that this comes after years of malicious,

untrue cheap shots by mostly english garbage 'press' like The Sun,

and some uneducated, racist huligans from all over Europe who

dont know that GYPSIES are a tribe from..INDIA and have nothing

to do with Romania, which are a 2500 year old LATIN COUNTRY!

GYPSIES exist in EVERY country in the world, in a lot larger numbers

than Romania!

Anyway, just trying to clear the waters a little bit! There is

nothing worse than prejudice coming from ignorance, coming

from lack of education and information! As you noticed from some

of the posters, romanians are very educated, they speak few languages,

and kick everybody's ass at math, chemistry, phisics, literature...gymnastics

-lol- and ...drinking! If you want to know more about my beautiful,

misundestood country, go here:

http://www.roembus.org/english/romanian_li...f_romanians.htm

and here: www.romaniatourism.com

As for the..match, I could care less, Im a ..MAN Uted fan!!! But you got your

chance, Steaua is rebuilding and for the past few years they had the unfortune

to be led by an uneducated, corupt, idiotic sheephearder who fires coaches

every few weeks and buys 3rd string players that in their team were acting

as ..ball boys!! So, you will get away with only 1-0 in Bucharest and its your

call in Scotland!! By the way, Im a big fan of your little countries , Scotland,

Wales, Irland! You seem happy and self-contained, you dont really seem to need the

help of those ugly, snobs called the Royals! Keep your pride!

If you dont like some of the things I wrote, I want you to know that it was

purely..intentional!!! lol

Greetings from US and go visit my country as millions of british people do,

you would love it! But still watch

your pockets!! lol

Hello pub team. You was really unfortunate at this draw. Ahahahahahaha

I just want to say the motherwell landed today .......

no3z1467.jpg

After all the decent Steaua fans coming on here we get landed with this prick!

Hi Guys,

But I think your club went a little too far with 'warnings' about travelling

to Romania, so I decided to write this to the club yesterday:

Vlad, that was brilliant. Everyone likes the taste of Swedish girls. :P

Vlad, that's actually a funny read, and I can understand your resentment at stereotypes as put across by The Sun 'newspaper', but don't take that rubbish as being representative of attitudes in the U.K. The Sun is an embarrassment, filled with prejudice against many groups within our own country, not just foreigners. It's the last place you should look for examples of British journalism and opinion.

Incidentally, the warnings issued by the club were about potential problems in Albania for the last round.

Also, isn't it the case that the Romany population in your own country face a lot of prejudice from other sections of the population, as travellers do in all countries ? Prejudice is universal, and you fall foul of it yourself when talking of the U.K as a nation of hooligans and alcoholic racists, though perhaps you were being ironic; I hope so. I think you'll find the visiting Motherwell fans have better characteristics, though one or two will enjoy a friendly drink :(

At least you're a United fan, so you know the U.K. isn't all bad :P

We've obtained our independence from the Ottoman Empire in 1877 after a bloody war. So that's a minus.

Steaua has also defeated both Galatasaray and Besiktas in the past few years. Maybe the ref is a Fenerbahce fan? One can only hope.

Your lads've reached Bucharest.

72t2y0.jpg

qx4daf.jpg

161x2zl.jpg

6e236b.jpg

n6rxh0.jpg

nx87pg.jpg

Hello pub team. You was really unfortunate at this draw. Ahahahahahaha

I just want to say the motherwell landed today .......

no3z1467.jpg

did you not read the "you must have at least hit puberty before you can join this site" when signing up ?