Motherwell V Rangers

garymurdoch

Can't believe those stats, 0 v 10 shots on target?!?! I know we didn't get much on target (the pen clearly was a shot on target) but they had ten?!?! Counting throw-ins are we now........

Thought that Hammell's attempt (cross?) from the left-wing that McGregor parried from his near post would have counted as on target. But other than that, I don't recall seeing any.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of folk that normally sit round about me sat nearer the back because of the sun. Its hard to see how empty the cooper was when your sitting in it though, but think more folk up the back nmight make it look emptier on telly? I agree though, still a pretty poor turn out, but if we keep playing this way folk'll come back

John Boyle must be wondering why he agreed to give the 'Well fans the Cooper Stand back - there was barely anyone in it.

Exactly.

The Cooper support is a disgrace to be perfectly honest, guarantee we'd have had more h**s in there if we gave it to them.

Onto the game, never in my life have I been so disappointed after an OF game, we bossed that game for 80 of the 90 minutes and there was only going to be one winner, unfortunately, we just didn't take the chance.

Couldn't watch the penalty, turned away with eyes closd and when the cheering came from my right, I knew it was a bad 'un.

Still, we are unbeaten and if we play like that all season we'll win more than we lose.

John Boyle must be wondering why he agreed to give the 'Well fans the Cooper Stand back - there was barely anyone in it.

Seemed to be fewer folk there today than would normally attend. Hope the Club are looking into why this is, and will hopefully look for a solution.

Hunners of on the pitch reasons for more folk to go support the team. The away support at Perth and Aberdeen was excellent .............. now lets increase it at home.

Immense today.

Feel sorry for O'brien, hasnt put a foot wrong in the last 3 games, deserved to score. Was a bit worried however when the players were arguing over who would take the penalty, that's fucking boys club stuff !!!!!

But what a performance, last season I was so frustrated with the long ball, but sometimes today I hoped they would just fuck it long lol, nervy stuff at times but SUPERB football. Calm, collected, foot on the ball stuff. LOVE IT !!!!

Never thought I would leave a draw with Rangers feeling gutted, but proud, don't know what to feel to be honest.

Jim Gannon, Motherwell Messiah !!!!!

Seemed to be fewer folk there today than would normally attend. Hope the Club are looking into why this is, and will hopefully look for a solution.
I'm sure it's not the only reason, but I imagine a significant number of supporters have commitments on a Saturday morning that make it difficult/impossible to be there for 12:15pm. Whether its having to work Saturday morning, a regular Saturday morning football/rugby/golf game (or kids with a regular Saturday morning activity) etc. - getting home and back out before noon won't be easy.

Absolutely gutted! Not just for the penalty but just the chances and play that we had and not to score a goal. If someone deserved a goal it wouldve been O'Brien. Fantastic again today.

Couldnt pick a MOTM just because so many of them played so very well.

But I feel very positive about the season ahead. With such passion and commitment being shown it makes you feel rather good :wallbash:

Should have won today, however we were very lucky with the penalty decision.

Jim O'Brien was brilliant, as was Saunders and Giles Coke who was MOTM imo. He's been Jim Gannons best signing so far and he was at the heart of everything we done today. Moutaouakil looks like he's going to be a fantastic player too- quick, athletic, dangerous going forward and impressive at the back.

The Cooper support is a disgrace to be perfectly honest, guarantee we'd have had more h**s in there if we gave it to them.

How are the Cooper fans a disgrace?, surely it's not the fault of the fans that turned up.

If it looked empty, it's because of the ones that didn't go. That's not a criticism of anyone not at the game, people have other commitments in life, both with their time and their finances.

As far as I see it, everyone who wanted to be at the game got a ticket. It's not as if we were turning away h**s that wanted a ticket. The section of the POD nearest the cooper was not full, so I don't see your argument.

Anyway, gutted that we didn't win today, I thought that we created enough chances, although it is a worry that we couldn't make the keeper work more.

The whole team deserves a lot of credit for the way that they stuck to their gameplan and caused problems throughout against a supposedly "stronger" team. Once again, Hately and Coke looked the part in the middle, JOB gave both their fullbacks a roasting for the whole game, the defence looked solid. All in all a very good team performance.

Mixed emotions as other have said, delighted at the way we played and controlled the majority of the game but massive downer that McGregor saved the 'nalty at the end. We are now seeing the Gannon way of keeping it on the deck, which is great and we have the personnel to do it in the middle in particular. Only minor downside is that our strategy of non-hoofing it at the edge of our box leads to some squeaky bum moments but the overall plusses outweigh the minuses.

Thought that our midfield was awesome today, Hately in the first half was pinging some great long passes, keeping it neat and making himself available when required - Vadocz-esque and I can pay no higher compliment... Coke was great also, as was Jennings in the second, can we start the affectionate "He's just a fat Stevie Gerrard" chant now? :wallbash:

Mooty looks to be an asset at right back, looked to strain a hamstring right at the end though, and credit also to Reynolds and Saunders in the middle, when I saw their names on the teamsheet I thought we'd struggle but kudos to them we didn't.

A good day at the office, shame about the penalty.

I thot we played well but Rangers looked very very poor today. We had some great passages of play but just lacked that killer pass. The pen was fortunate, imo he lost his balance, was going down and fell over Boughera's leg , but saying that we have to take these opportunities against the Old Firm we all know how rare they are.

Disappointed with the crowd today the Cooper looked less than half full! Atmosphere seemed flat too.

we have absolutely nowt to fear this season. Long may the unbeaten run continue.

Mon the Well!

How are the Cooper fans a disgrace?, surely it's not the fault of the fans that turned up.

If it looked empty, it's because of the ones that didn't go. That's not a criticism of anyone not at the game, people have other commitments in life, both with their time and their finances.

As far as I see it, everyone who wanted to be at the game got a ticket. It's not as if we were turning away h**s that wanted a ticket. The section of the POD nearest the cooper was not full, so I don't see your argument

Hit the nail firmly on the head mate the crowd today would have been about the same no matter who was in the Cooper stand, what the club has to do is look at ways of getting the supporters who don't go to old firm games for whatever reason to come along.

Anybody who's got the game Sky Plussed, play it at the penalty bit. You can see Bougherra getting sent off and in the background, for a split second, you can see Davie Weir, I shit you not, applauding the ref saying it was a good call. I'm 99% sure he isn't being sarcastic, so fair fucking play to him! :wallbash: