Well Players Who The Opposition Hate

andybug

andybug has stole my thunder.... :D

Mentioned this on the players we love to hate thread.

One that immediately jumps to mind for me is Pysco - although I think Dougie and Tommy Coyne would be disliked a few as well (especially the Old Firm in Dougies case!)

Andy Goram wasn't exactly popular with other fans, either was Spencer - but think thats to do with their Rangers days.

Remember a hearts mate of mine hated Brian Martin and Lee McCulloch as he thought they were both thugs.

Clarky certainly wasn't liked.

Mainly due to his "going down easily" antics at times. And the nuisance factor that came with Clarky when constantly harrassing defenders.

But, as mentioned previously, Malcolm is certainly the obvious ones, albeit due to exploits before his time with us.

In recent times, Clarky was jeered regularly for his diving antics and moaning at referees - sadly deserved too often. But in my lifetime, the biggest hate figure was post Argentina rage towards Ally Macleod. At least we just moaned at him for his suucess rate at Fir Park. Remember his post match interview after losing 1-8 at Pittodrie - "I thought we played well for the first 10 minutes." :cheers:

Stevie Hammell is hated by the St Johnstone fans. Apparently something that happened years ago

Didnt he apprently make a racist remake to momo sylla. Hammell set up the tasty winner for us and sylla was having none of it.

Didnt he apprently make a racist remake to momo sylla. Hammell set up the tasty winner for us and sylla was having none of it.

Allegedly is the missing word in this sentence.

Alleged by three Saints fans to have made a racist comment, and conveniently on a weekend when Tayside police were on an anti-racism crackdown. No surprise when it was found there was no case to answer. Momo Sylla made no friends amongst Well fans by just shutting up when he could quite easily have said it was a load of bollocks.