Well V Jam Tarts Match Thread

Welldaft Mk1

I'd start with:-

-------------------------Ruddy------------------------------

Saunders---Hutchinson-------Reynolds-----------Hammell

Humphrey--Hateley----------Forbes--------------O'Brien

--------------McHugh-----------Jutkiewicz-------------------

Subs: Murphy, Sutton, Jennings, Coke, Craigan, Moutaoukil, Kosiorwski.

I would start McHugh and Jutkiewicz upfront, I think two would benefit us, especially at home, although I would be tempted to play Murphy and McHugh as the second half at St. Johnstone is the most dangerous I've seen our attack look. I'd drop Moutaoukil and Coke as I don't think they've been upto much lately.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly few score predictions so far. I think feet are firmly back on the ground after Tuesday night.

If we play like we have in most the games over the last few weeks then Hearts 2-0.

If we play like we know we can then 2-1 to 'well.

I see Jimbo was on about needing reinforcements in January cos he felt the team were looking a bit jaded, also bemoaning the lack of depth. I feel we DO have enough in reserve to freshen up on Saturday, and this would be my team:

Ruddy

Hateley

Hutchinson

Reynolds

Hammell

Humphrey

Jennings

Forbes

O'Brien

Jutkiewitz

McHugh

I think we'll need the solidity that Hateley will bring up against Driver and the pace of Humphrey against Wallace. In midfield I'd give Jennings a chance beside Forbes and play the fearless Hutchinson against Nade. Up front I'd like to see McHugh start in a genuine front two to see what he can do.

That team would definitely not lose, and I'd even say 1-0 to us!

If he's out we have to go with Reynolds at left back with Saunders and Huthchie in the middle and the Frenchie at right back. I think Craigan has put his Motherwell career in jepordy with Gannon with tuesday night's debacle. He really was absolutely pish. :blink: .

My prediction is one nil to Hearts. We will dominate the first half, they will score just at the start of the second half, we will have the rest of the possession after they score, but we will fail to convert it into clear cut chances as they will just put many men behind the ball. This is unfortunately my gut feeling and I'd love to be proved wrong.

I see Gannon is saying today that he feels we may need new players in January as we lack the quantity and quality to rest players. I would disagree with that. Real quality perhaps, but I feel we do have a few options and whilst Lasley and Sutton are not world beaters, they surely deserve a chance to show what they can do when players in their postions are under performing? We've also seen very little of Jennings.

I see Gannon is saying today that he feels we may need new players in January as we lack the quantity and quality to rest players. I would disagree with that. Real quality perhaps, but I feel we do have a few options and whilst Lasley and Sutton are not world beaters, they surely deserve a chance to show what they can do when players in their postions are under performing? We've also seen very little of Jennings.

I am sure you are not the only one thinking that after those comments from Gannon. The comments that his young players needed rest but he was not able to give them that time was telling. Essentially outside of 13-14 key players does anyone have a future.............

I suspect that a few will be leaving for good or on loan come the Jan transfer window.

I am not looking forward to this game at all after the shambles on Tuesday night. Hearts are strong defensively and will be full of confidence after Wednesday nights victory.

They are team that struggle to find the net which is the only plus point for us going into the game tomorrow.

Probably the first big test that Gannon has faced as manager and will be interesting to see how he approaches the contest and how much the players will have learned from the other night. We can only get better.

Prediction; Motherwell 0 Hearts 1

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a second. We (myself included) seem to be basing our predictions on one weeks form. Aye, we were pish on Tuesday and Hearts were pretty good against Celtic but let's not forget, Hearts have been pretty crap in the league.

So far they've beaten Kilmarnock and Hamilton.

Drawn with St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Falkirk.

Beaten by Rangers, Celtic and St Mirren.

Hardly a team we should be scared of.

I think for the first time in a wee while there's a definite sense of uneasiness from many.

Fitba is such a fickle game but it doesn't take much for doubts to creep in and recent achievements to be forgotten. Mix in the depressing defeat on Tuesday, the cryptic talk of players being distracted last Saturday, the hour long "talk-in" and latest chat from Gannon about the quality and depth of the squad and you have the feeling that is not as well as it could be.

I have my concerns too but I think its important to keep perspective that we're but just a short way along a lengthy road. I like the passing game he's trying to still albeit at the moment we don't look much of a threat attacking wise. I like the influx of promising youngsters whilst at the same time I think some of the senior pros who have served well over a number of years are perhaps due a bit more respect then they're getting.

I think there's lots of evolution of the team to come and such as we've experienced this week, not all of it is going to be smooth at times, but I do have faith that we're going to be a stronger and better team at the end of it.

To settle everyone down again if nothing else a win would be great and would alleviate, temporarily at least, some of the growing concerns.

While we've not been flying in open play we have been pretty effective from set-pieces with Hutchinson back I think we'll have a bit of a threat in that regard. More often that not we've been dogged defensively and solidly organised and I'm hoping for a return to that tomorrow.

A narrow 1-0 win or draw for me tomorrow.