Guess Who's Back!

NealeMFC

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point re opinion, though I have no idea who Jim Trott is :unsure: . However, I've seen baldy Boab enough over the years to see he is anything but a "brilliant footballer". Believe me I have seen some brilliant footballers, but Malcolm is not in that category. He is a million miles away.

Yeah, but he is a brilliant footballer. It's not his fault that football is so much more about athleticism than having any skill.

What do we know but. Up here in the shitey SPL. I mean Barry Ferguson was shite up here the last few seasons but he is walking it in the all so hallowed Premiership.

It's my opinion that he is a brilliant footballer. He's not a world class elite footballer but he is brilliant.

Yeah, but he is a brilliant footballer. It's not his fault that football is so much more about athleticism than having any skill.

What do we know but. Up here in the shitey SPL. I mean Barry Ferguson was shite up here the last few seasons but he is walking it in the all so hallowed Premiership.

It's my opinion that he is a brilliant footballer. He's not a world class elite footballer but he is brilliant.

Frazza,

How much chat, crack, coke, speed, dope, smack or other illicit drug are you indulging yourself in to even consider that Bob Malcolm is a quote "brilliant footballer". He failed to make it at Motherwell, Rangers, Derby, down under. He is at the best an average footballer. He is unfit, his turning circle is slower than the QE2, his work ethic is next to zilch. His tackling is pish poor, usually resulting in a booking.

Yes he can strike a ball but so can Paul Warnock but he aint no "brilliant" footballer. That has to be the most outlandish statemnet I have ever seen. If he was so "brilliant" why the fuck is he without a club.

The guy would be a waste of a wage.

IMHO you must have made this statemnet as a joke as there is nobody in there right mind that would consider Bob Malcolm to be a "brilliant" footballer. Absolute non-fucking-sense.

Yes he can strike a ball but so can Paul Warnock but he aint no "brilliant" footballer. That has to be the most outlandish statemnet I have ever seen. If he was so "brilliant" why the fuck is he without a club.

Most outlandish statemnet (as you put it :woop: )? Paul Warnock is going to do "yo police ass muthafucka" when he catches up with you flat feet :unsure:

I think Johnstone is way off the mark with his "wind up merchants" remark; as Frazza pointed out it's nothing new that people think he's a good player. I'm pretty sure we had this debate when he left.

Emmjay - bigoted baggage? :unsure: Very unfair IMO; the guy made a mistake when he signed FTP on an autograph. He's obviously learned his lesson as he hasn't done anything like that since. Also I couldn't give a fuck what his religious beliefs are. He could literally murder the pope and I'd still cheer like fuck when he's rattling 25 yard free kicks in.

Trafficlight - usual sucking up like fuck to people just so you can call them 'doll' and 'big yin' and 'my pal'. I wonder how many times you have actually seen him play 'over the years'.

Yabba's Turd - spot on. He'll see us through and I'd be happy with that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Bob Malcolm IS a great player and that's all there is to it; obviously people are going to have their own opinion on his footballing ability and that's fair enough. I just don't like it when people's personal opinions on the guy cloud their judgement on his footballing ability. If people think he's a shite footballer, that's their opinion and I have no problems with that. For what it's worth I think he's a great player, can spray passes around all day, and if that makes me "a wind up merchant", then fair doos.

OK then...he's not such a good football player. If he was, and was fit, and used the potential you said he has/had, then this discussion may not be taking place. Attitude and personal behaviour both on and off the football pitch is just as important as his ability on the pitch.

And, without prejudice, then, he's not THAT good, but thinks he's better than he is. A common delusion in sportspeople...and commentators.

I think Johnstone is way off the mark with his "wind up merchants" remark; as Frazza pointed out it's nothing new that people think he's a good player. I'm pretty sure we had this debate when he left.

Emmjay - bigoted baggage? :lol: Very unfair IMO; the guy made a mistake when he signed FTP on an autograph. He's obviously learned his lesson as he hasn't done anything like that since. Also I couldn't give a fuck what his religious beliefs are. He could literally murder the pope and I'd still cheer like fuck when he's rattling 25 yard free kicks in.

Trafficlight - usual sucking up like fuck to people just so you can call them 'doll' and 'big yin' and 'my pal'. I wonder how many times you have actually seen him play 'over the years'.

Yabba's Turd - spot on. He'll see us through and I'd be happy with that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Bob Malcolm IS a great player and that's all there is to it; obviously people are going to have their own opinion on his footballing ability and that's fair enough. I just don't like it when people's personal opinions on the guy cloud their judgement on his footballing ability. If people think he's a shite footballer, that's their opinion and I have no problems with that. For what it's worth I think he's a great player, can spray passes around all day, and if that makes me "a wind up merchant", then fair doos.

Heaven fuckin help us if Bob Malcolm for a 2nd time is anything approaching an option.

I don't think that he's on the way back. But seriously what is the point in trying to run a football club if that's the best options you have. Padlock the gates now.

I think he's talented - however his 3% application to training and playing means he is a complete waste of a jersey and a wage. Sling the fucker

OK then...he's not such a good football player. If he was, and was fit, and used the potential you said he has/had, then this discussion may not be taking place. Attitude and personal behaviour both on and off the football pitch is just as important as his ability on the pitch.

And, without prejudice, then, he's not THAT good, but thinks he's better than he is. A common delusion in sportspeople...and commentators.

What evidence or personal experience do you have that Bob Malcolm had a bad attitude, or that his personal behaviour on or off the pitch with Motherwell was not satisfactory, or that he thinks he's better than he is? All of the things I have mentioned you have said in your post, and I would quite like to hear your answers.

Bob Malcolm is a top top guy, very funny, very generous (as anyone who knows the story about the O'Donnell embroidered top will know), and by all accounts was extremely popular with the other players, and particularly helpful to the youngsters.

Unfortunately, aside from all that I genuinely think he's shite in the context of a full 90 minute, 11-a-side football match.

I would be very, very annoyed were we to sign him. I must have seen him play well once or twice over the course of ninety minutes in his whole time at Motherwell. He couldn't run or time a tackle and his work rate was abysmal- all things needed when you play with a team like us. Ok so he could pass a ball, and he had a good effort on goal once every nine games or so, that's a luxury we can't afford. When you play with Motherwell, you need to stand up and be counted when you're up against it and Bob Malcolm never did that. He would be a complete waste of a wage that you could probably sign three more efficient and consistent players for. And in his last game for the club he came on as a sub in a meaningless end of season game with Kilmarnock, and he couldn't keep up with the pace of that and he was then subbed for.....................Steve McGarry.

Cracking passer of a ball, cracking taker of free-kicks, bit of a cult-hero of mine during his stint at Fir Park even although I was less than happy when we signed him, and the only player I've seen score a goal with his cock. I don't really think there's much chance of us resigning him though. I wouldn't actually want us to resign him anyway to be honest.

Viva la Silky Bob!

Bob Malcolm is back training with Motherwell, speaking to someone at work whos son is a regular in the team and he said bob's back/ coming back in the next week or so to train with us, no contract yet, but he said we'll need to wait and see.

OK yeah hes back in scotland but what bored bastard decided to say HE WAS back at motherwell... spoke to a few players i know today after the game nd they knew nothin about it, apart from acouple of the lads speaking to him... seriously but where do all these bullshit rumours come from on here

am not shunnin bob malcolm coming back he was great... just never got a chance

What evidence or personal experience do you have that Bob Malcolm had a bad attitude, or that his personal behaviour on or off the pitch with Motherwell was not satisfactory, or that he thinks he's better than he is? All of the things I have mentioned you have said in your post, and I would quite like to hear your answers.

And is Bob your pal??? I know as much as you. Its opinion.

Bullshit Emmjay, you come on and say that his attitude was guff, his personal behaviour on and off the park wasn't good enough and that he thinks he's better than he is etc etc and when someone questions you on your opinion you've got fuck all to back it up with. Yet more hot air from you.

I'm not saying footballer are angels, I'm not saying they should be either but being a professional footballer is a great privelege and there are some responsibilities that come with it that. What kind of role model signs an autograph with a sectarian message? What kind of role model falls asleep whilst driving? What role model deliberately stamps on anothers throat?

OK yeah hes back in scotland but what bored bastard decided to say HE WAS back at motherwell... spoke to a few players i know today after the game nd they knew nothin about it, apart from acouple of the lads speaking to him... seriously but where do all these bullshit rumours come from on here

am not shunnin bob malcolm coming back he was great... just never got a chance

:O:lol:

Not true. And I probably know more than you realise. And I stick by what I said previously. So its down to a matter of opinion...and leave it at that.

(I should have quoted GazzyB previous post)

No let's not "leave it at that" :lol:

I want to know how you know that he thinks he's better than he actually is. I want to know how you know how his behaviour off the park, and more importantly ON the park during his time at Motherwell was unsatisfactory. I want to know how you know all about his bad attitude?

Personally I don't think you know any of this; I think you're just making things up to support your dislike for Bob Malcolm because you think he's a bad bad man.

No let's not "leave it at that" :O

I want to know how you know that he thinks he's better than he actually is. I want to know how you know how his behaviour off the park, and more importantly ON the park during his time at Motherwell was unsatisfactory. I want to know how you know all about his bad attitude?

Personally I don't think you know any of this; I think you're just making things up to support your dislike for Bob Malcolm because you think he's a bad bad man.

:lol:

You're not getting my point though. It's not that you don't think he's a good player. If you'd come on and said "I don't rate him" then I would have no problem with that; I understand that everybody has a different opinion and I have absolutely no problem with that. What I do take umbridge with is when people just plain lie to try and prove a point. You have zero evidence to back up your claims that Bob Malcolm thinks he's better than he is, or that his behaviour on AND off the park wasn't good enough, or that he had a bad attitude. You have NO evidence to support this, which means that you are making things up to back up your point. And explain this to me as well....

And is Bob your pal??? I know as much as you. Its opinion.

And I probably know more than you realise.(I should have quoted GazzyB previous post)

You're either in the know, or you know fuck all. I think we both know it's the latter.