Mark Fitzpatrick

Maxi

Felt today was a great shame for Mark, being out for so long and this being his first match back at fir park after injury. Was hoping he could prove the doubters wrong, but unfourtantely never got the chance. Hopefully the injury isn't too bad and Mark can prove the boo boys wrong on his return.

I'll openly admit I was'nt a fan of his, but he's had six months out and he seems to have bulked up a bit, so I'm open to giving him a clean slate.

Mon the Fitzy. :lol:

Felt today was a great shame for Mark, being out for so long and this being his first match back at fir park after injury. Was hoping he could prove the doubters wrong, but unfourtantely never got the chance. Hopefully the injury isn't too bad and Mark can prove the boo boys wrong on his return.

I'll openly admit I was'nt a fan of his, but he's had six months out and he seems to have bulked up a bit, so I'm open to giving him a clean slate.

Mon the Fitzy. :lol:

Totally agree, he is one player that i'd love to prove the boo boys wrong and i definitely think he has something to offer. He had just stepped onto the park and he lost the ball, some guy behind me was giving him dogs abuse for it, retard. :lol:

Anyone know what his injury is?

Didn't hear any booing today when he came on, he got a reasonable reception.Do these so called boo boys actually exist or are they are they a myth

Nah, he definately get's unwarranted pelters when others are playing worse than him.

Mibbe it's a fresh start for him.

For me, Fitzpatrick has the potential to become what Keith Lasley is. A decent SPL defensive midfielder. To compare their mobility is a moot point to my mind. Lasley has years of experience on Fitzpatrick, therefore his positional sense is markedly better. Fitzpatrick, if given the right guidance, can learn this over time.

I think the problem with how he's perceived by some Motherwell fans lies with the semi final goal eveyone talks about. Expectation levels were raised by that. I personally don't think he'll ever be an attacking midfielder but that goal made him one in some fans' eyes...

I personally don't think he'll ever be an attacking midfielder but that goal made him one in some fans' eyes...

Spot on, although some of the runs he made last season into the box when he played were fantastic. The problem was I think he was too scared to fuck up. A confidence player if there ever was one. Unlike some on here though, I think he still has a long future ahead of him at MFC, if he chooses to have one that is.

The guy sitting behind me blamed Brown for the injury - because he'd kept Marc on the bench too long!

The same guy was screaming for Brown to get subs on even although the ball didn't go out of play for the best part of ten minutes after our goal.

Obviously has a problem with the manager.

I'm disappointed that Fitzpatrick picked up an injury. I think he would have been a stick-on to start against Rangers to try and combat the threat of Davis and Whittaker.

Generally speaking, i rate Fitzpatrick quite highly, when played in the right postion he does a lot of terrific work for the team and runs himself into the ground. He knows how close down space and break up play in a similar manner to the role Flecther used to play for United.

And while he will never be an attacking midfielder he does have a habit of timing a late run into the box. With a bit of composure in front of goal, he could net a few per season.

The guy sitting behind me blamed Brown for the injury - because he'd kept Marc on the bench too long!

The same guy was screaming for Brown to get subs on even although the ball didn't go out of play for the best part of ten minutes after our goal.

Obviously has a problem with the manager.

Don't believe that for one minute :)

yes we say that goal. A pure fluke in terms of how many out of 100 will he score that again. If he was a proven goal scorer than aye but he isney. As long as he plays with everything he has and gives 100% for the shirt and the fans i'm happy, unfortunately i dont think he is good enough for SPL. Fizzy will need to prove himself and attitude to prove the critics wrong.

I haven't posted on the board for a long time and i must say i was pleasantly surprised at some of the comments made about Marc, some attitudes seem to have changed.

Marc did in fact pull a hamstring on saturday and will be out for 4-6 weeks and there is no one more gutted than him. He has worked hard during the Gannon spell to keep his fitness up even although he knew he had no chance under him.

Love Marc or hate him he has always acted as the total professional on and off the park and although he may at time give the ball away,like countless others,he always gives 100% on the park and never hides as has been suggested.

Marc has played over 150 games for Motherwell in the spl,he has played in Europe and represented Scotland at under 19 and under 21 level,he has worked under a variety of managers who have all thought he was an asset to the team,except for Gannon though,

that was more to do with the fact he was a regular Scottish spl player who had the cheek to question some decisions, rather than his ability!, so there is more to him than "that goal"

He deserves his place in the team and i hope he gets his chance again because he is totally commited to Motherwell so maybe if the doubters and haters of Marc give him some encouragement we may get to see the best of him in the future.