Kaiser

nethertonwellfan

Loves Motherwell but Mutley forced him out!!

Wouldn't even look at him on the Fir Park Corridor!

I am biased he was one of my all time favourited so get it up you McGhee !!!

I told him I named my dug efter him and he laughed

Share your memories !

Mon the well !!

xxxxxxxx

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGhee was right to get rid of him. Paul Quinn was at the time a better right back. And Corrigan was not fit for any other position ahead of anyone else. It's a shame because he stayed a season too long. He didn't have it in him for that extra campaign.

Still a great player for us, and going what three full seasons or something not missing a game under Butcher?

I thought it was McGhee's right hand man that wasn't overly keen on the Kaiser rather McGhee himself? Could be wrong but.

Thought that both the start of and the end of his 'Well career were a bit iffy as he took a wee bit of time to settle in and when the injuries got him towards the end, but in between I'll remember him as a fine servant.

Though he was a bit more experienced than many of the youngsters who came to prominence during the administration period, I think it was the making of Corrigan too.

I think he thrived in the faith that Butcher had in him and he came on tonnes with the added responsibility of being one of the more experienced players, albeit not that old age wise.

Just a shame it ended in the rather sour, hushed out the door fashion it did.

It took Kaiser a year or so to settle at Fir Park, but after that he became a mainstay of the side, and a much-loved player of that era. I think the fans loved him because of how he conducted himself as much as his for his ability, and the welcome he got when he returned with Killie showed that.

I hope he does well with Thistle, and wouldn't mind drawing them in a cup next year so we can see the Kaiser at Fir Park one more time.

McGhee was right to get rid of him. Paul Quinn was at the time a better right back. And Corrigan was not fit for any other position ahead of anyone else. It's a shame because he stayed a season too long. He didn't have it in him for that extra campaign.

Still a great player for us, and going what three full seasons or something not missing a game under Butcher?

Perhaps it was the right time for him to go. However there is a right and a wrong way to deal with it though. Totally ignoring him until the guy felt he had no other option but to leave is plain wrong.

Quality player, true professional. However, I do think he was a tad overrated in the end.

I'd agree with that. Don't get me wrong he was a good player for us, but I always thought he was a bit overrated by some of our support. Was a real shame that he was rushed back from injury (pretty sure not once but twice?) and was never the same player for us again.

Refused to sign a contract and waited for the highest bidder before being injured and came begging for a new contract.

Hero. :lol:

I know you only post pish like this all the time for some tit to bite, but I'm going to...

Didn't he take a pay cut to stay when we went into administration, then knock back several offers to move for more money afterwards?

I'd say after that and all the years service he gave us he would be entitled to start thinking about moving on.