End Of The Line For Canterbury?

sieb_dystras_barmy_army

Can't say I remember. Spot on about Motherwell getting Canterbury as a supplier or something else?

If it is an off the peg number then that is deeply disappointing.

Why? We're not big enough for a big kit maker to bother their arses designing kits for us.

That's why I'd prefer Bukta, Xara, Matchwinner etc. type efforts as we get them done for us. Any decent sized brand and it's just a catalogue number in our colours (generic orange and burgundy.)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As already shown Puma at least offer a Hoop or a band in their current or previous dealings so there is no problem offering us a solution to our normally bespoke needs. That is of course if we want it. Could be we decide it's time for change which would be more disappointing.

Why? We're not big enough for a big kit maker to bother their arses designing kits for us.

That's why I'd prefer Bukta, Xara, Matchwinner etc. type efforts as we get them done for us. Any decent sized brand and it's just a catalogue number in our colours (generic orange and burgundy.)

Canterbury are a big company, no?

I just wish folk wouldn't come on here and stir the proverbial, off the shelf orange and burgundy :unsure:

are we not getting a new supplier because they went bust?? :unsure:

It was the UK operation that got into bother I think and were taken over by one of the big sports retailers. They're still on the go pretty much - concentrating once again solely on rugby.

Canterbury Globally were relatively unaffected

i'm honestly confused.

i thought we had a record four year deal with a supplier then they went into admin, the contract got cancelled and that's why we're now looking for a new supplier.

it doesn't really matter what they are/were called, the mob we had a deal with still went tits up.

To be fair to Motherwell, we have been a little unlucky of late when it comes to kit suppliers.

Our next move should be to side with a company who have a strong history in making football kits.

Puma does seem like the best option as they have shown with Partick Thistle that they can supply bespoke kits if required.

If they can do it for Glasgow’s 3rd force they can do it for Lanarkshire’s premier team.

Mon the Puma!

i'm honestly confused.

i thought we had a record four year deal with a supplier then they went into admin, the contract got cancelled and that's why we're now looking for a new supplier.

it doesn't really matter what they are/were called, the mob we had a deal with still went tits up.

We were a football team that went tits up - a lot of 3 year deals went out the window.

Maybe in Rugby, but definitely not in Football and wasn't it a franchise we were signed up with anyway, Canterbury Europe or some such?

No matter who we eventually end up with lets hope someone performs the necessary checks, some due diligence wouldn't go amiss this time.

I just wish folk wouldn't come on here and stir the proverbial, off the shelf orange and burgundy :lol:

Canterbury NZ are aye, Canterbury Europe? Not so much.

Also, they aren't big in the market.

The Umbro Tailored range are excellent

A masterclass on simple no nonsense football kit design. Nike who now own Umbro have took a similar approach to their recent World cup kits.

Football kits are becoming too busy with manufacturers logos and needless design details. And all this is before the addition of the various sponsors logos.

I really hope our new kits take a leaf out of Umbro’s book and goes back to the simple basics of good football kit design.

If someone has the time, mock up the current Stuttgart strip and you'll have an idea of what we'll be getting next season, new main sponsor permitting.

stuttgartmock.png

Looks like a strip after Boab Malcolm's went 90 mins

Aye, it does a bit. That is one of the features of most new Puma kits though.

Surely we aren't launching a kit without having the actual kit to launch? :D

That was maybe the comical hold-up Flow mentioned :lol:

E_S_A is not too far off the mark but the hold up is pretty comical and not really worth going into!
We don't actually have the kit yet! :nod: