The Stadium

something else

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is what we do. We contact the Architects of the Huf Haus in Germany. (The make kit homes, bring all materials over, build it and on time) We ask them to design a stadium within costs. They come over and build a cracking stadium. efficient organised. LOL

Is that where Jossie's Giants play?

I think if we do move to Ravenscraig then the site and the area needs a landmark building to highlight the development and used as a focus. Also good for marketing material (i.e. see Wembley and the arch and how its used by the London burgh, Sydney Opera House, Falkirk Wheel, etc.).

If the Lanarkshire Development Agency or whatever its called now realise this then they could really do something with this going forward. Something like the Wall which is unique and innovative would certainly attract a lot of interest and indirect income going forward.

I though it had been previously pointed out on here somewhere that there was no available land at Ravenscraig as it had all already been earmarked for other uses?

Yes, didn't count for anything then and similarly doesn't now. Certainly won't stop certain quarters talking absolute codshit on the subject.

There isny a stadium on the outline plan. But the outline plan is just that - an outline plan.

i'd imagine a few of the proposed projects have been shelved also.

Someone well in the know actually posted that a while back.

if we want a stadium up there - space will be found for it.

Yes, didn't count for anything then and similarly doesn't now. Certainly won't stop certain quarters talking absolute codshit on the subject.

fsakegiespeace.

I take it you feel discussing a possible stadium move as well as (ticket prices, fanbase etc.. that is also in the thread) for Motherwell F.C shouldn't be discussed on here and rather discussed on some sort of informal internet messageboard for fans to gather and discuss about Motherwell F.C - oh wait...

And it always amazes me when people are fed up hearing about a subject they moan about it - why did you open the thread...?

fsakegiespeace.

I take it you feel discussing a possible stadium move as well as (ticket prices, fanbase etc.. that is also in the thread) for Motherwell F.C shouldn't be discussed on here and rather discussed on some sort of informal internet messageboard for fans to gather and discuss about Motherwell F.C - oh wait...

And it always amazes me when people are fed up hearing about a subject they moan about it - why did you open the thread...?

:lol: Eh? Not the point I was trying to make and you know it. Acts of nostalgia and folly are what I was getting at. Some interesting designs from Scandinavia (the club have noticed too) and decent debate, outweighed by the clamour for staying put and redevelopment of Fir Park, not the logistical nightmare involved. We've even had calls to turn the pitch (don't get me started on the surface) sideways! :lol: But, hey, if your wish is to ingratiate yourself with all the mile-outs, bullied at school, crisp packet headed scrounger and diminutive types on this board, batter in.

Methinks if you were to check previous threads on similar subjects, I've been an advocate of when and not if we move to the other side of the West Coast Main Line.

Hell, in previous employment (no, not when I was a paper boy) I was introduced to a member of the Motherwell staff at a project launch for Ravenscraig who informed me 'the development agency are falling over themselves to have us up there as a focal point" and "offer on the table for Fir Park to open up the bigger development at Motherwell College". As mentioned previously, many a change in policies and behavior of society supercedes. As the recession dictates, focus will have shifted somewhat. I still believe it will happen.

Fanbase? Largest brownfield site of it's size in Europe, come the revolution, as I've mentioned before, the club have to embrace it. Attracting those who settle in the area? Construction of proper 21st century facilities may be the first step...

Fanbase? Largest brownfield site of it's size in Europe, come the revolution, as I've mentioned before, the club have to embrace it. Attracting those who settle in the area? Construction of proper 21st century facilities may be the first step...

People on the whole don't go to games as it is what make you think that a new stadium in a new town will bring in people? livi anybody?

1600 at their last home game in 3rd division, sounds pretty good from starting from a fan base of 2 men and a dug as Meadowbank.

So they've added 1600 to their fanbase my moving to the new town.

So Livi is successful in proving you could attract additional bodies.

1600 at their last home game in 3rd division, sounds pretty good from starting from a fan base of 2 men and a dug as Meadowbank.

so you'd be happy with that? 3rd division but eve got new fans, granted it's at the expense of few old ones?

so you'd be happy with that? 3rd division but eve got new fans, granted it's at the expense of few old ones?

Read that bit again.

Livi are back where they started, so if we stay where we are with an additional 1600 fans, then yes I'd be happy with that.

Livingston were a brand new product, we have 123 years of history and a reasonably steady fanbase to build upon and any new stadium will be 5minutes from our old ground so there is no comparison between the clubs

Incidentally, they only got 628 for the visit of Albion Rovers on Tuesday night there.

SO all the glory hunters came back cos they were winning something, they only had 2000 max. in the Premier League

In an ideal world I'd want the south stand demolished and have the land replaced with 7 a side pitches a sports bar and other money making facilities. As well as the demolition and total overhaul of the east and main stands. We don't need a 4th stand in this day and age and 3 modern and updated stands would be enough.

Can't imagine how much it'd cost though.

But I'm firmly in the remain at Fir Park camp.

a new stadium would fix a few things such as, the half finish POD stand, the past it's best east stand and the 5 foot slope of the pitch. Also could improve on-site parking, and a million other things to make it a great wee ground for the next 100 years of football.

If NLC can spend 80 million on a college for neds to do NHC in ;) , or 30 million on a sports centre, then can sure as hell help out the best team in lanarkshire with a better football ground.. get a finance deal done and MFC can pay them back over time.

The point was they did increase their fanbase by moving to Livingston, so by tapping into the additional housing proposed for Ravenscraig there is potential for us to do the same.

Its only a 10 minute walk to the centre of the Ravesncraig site from FP, not something needing a train or a car journey with 2 pee stops. It'll take even less time after they bulldoze the Evans Halshaw garage and link with the main roundabout in Ravenscraig. I reckon the new inhabitants would be just as inclined to visit FP as they would if it was built on the site.

Of course its all a bit pie in the sky, however we can dream can't we, in the same way I think its feasible to think a club like Motherwell may win the league, I don't think we'll ever win the Champions League. I think a move away from FP is possible and think its equally valid to discuss it on a website such as this.

Ravesncraig is the best chance and location if we chose to move however I think its safe to say its a while off as JB's heart isn't full in it and MFC has cost him more than I'm sure he ever envisaged. NLC got their fingers burned financially with Clyde and Broadwood. Revenues from real estate are low and with the new proposals for the old Motherwell College site then the sale of FP would further dilute the revenue we could expect. Not to mention the fact that Ravenscraig has been divided up, however lets not forget there was a plan to make an indoor ski slope on the slag heap at the Carfin end. These masterplan's often changed.

Despite everything there will be no cash for a few years either from the EU, UK government, local enterprise agencies, Scottish Government, NLC or the club itself.

The point was they did increase their fanbase by moving to Livingston, so by tapping into the additional housing proposed for Ravenscraig there is potential for us to do the same.

The folks moving into the Craig are just as likely to have their fitba' allegiances already decided, not a lot of mileage in that I'd reckon.

I don't get why people keep banging on about the slope in the pitch?

Because its part of the reason we are watching shit football on a shit pitch every season,its not the only reason but its a contributing factor