Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

Richie

Last time I saw them, Andy Walker scored a nice wee goal for us.

Ah remember that! We won 2-1 at Fir Park, was talking to Walker (he was a subby) during the first-half as I stood watching the game over by the disabled enclosure (they days we could, there were about 3 Brechin fans in the Main Stand). He kept asking me about the Clydebank score! We won the league away to Forfar the following week....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My predictions..

Celtic v Peterhead or Queen's Park

I'll take Caley in the next round please...

G'

How effing Jammy are Celtic? ALWAYS at home vs Diddy teams!!

As for our draw, it has to be a good thing. A trip away to Brechin, say, would be good banter etc.. but now it's all about getting to Hampden!

Could be looking the quarters straight in the eye with that draw!!

:unsure: Although, remember when we just had to beat a lower league team, think QOS and we were guarenteed Ayr or something in the next round and easystreet to the quarters before....

My predictions..

I'll take Caley in the next round please...

G'

How effing Jammy are Celtic? ALWAYS at home vs Diddy teams!!

As for our draw, it has to be a good thing. A trip away to Brechin, say, would be good banter etc.. but now it's all about getting to Hampden!

Could be looking the quarters straight in the eye with that draw!!

:unsure: Although, remember when we just had to beat a lower league team, think QOS and we were guarenteed Ayr or something in the next round and easystreet to the quarters before....

im happy with the draw u canny ask for much more than a home tie.hopefully the players dont look to far ahead and get through the inverurie game without any problems.i see rangers and celtic got there usual draws against lower league teams jammy bastards

Forfar Athletic or Forres Mechanics v St Johnstone or Rangers

Airdrie Utd v Dunfermline

Hearts v Falkirk

Inverurie Locos or Motherwell v Brechin or St Mirren

Aberdeen v East Fife

Hamilton Accies v E Stirlingshire or Dundee Utd

Inverness CT v Ayr Utd or Kilmarnock

Thats who you would expect to see in the hat for the 6th round although im sure there will be a few different. Any draw in which we avoid the bigot brothers is good enough for me.

It's not the worst draw for us. Could have been a lot worse that's for sure and that is ofcourse making the assumption we'll take care of Inverurie. I'd obviously prefer Brechin but St Mirren would give us a chance to avenge that shocker of a Scottish Cup tie from a couple of years ago.

Personally I don't think its as bad a draw as some are making out. There's a bit of needle developed between Accies and Dundee Utd this season so that'll be good and I think the Hearts v Falkirk game is pretty attractive too.

There are also potentially quite a few SPL teams that are going go out as well assuming again that we do progress - aside from those mentioned above you've also potentially got Inverness or Killie that'll go too.

I'm quite happy with it, all things considered.

good draw on paper but it bit us on the arse last time we looked too far ahead!

no big ties really, wonder if that was staged by the sfa <_< to make sure no wee diddy teams get to the final this year after the debacles of Gretna + QOS, potentially QF ties consisting of Rangers,Hearts,Celtic,Dundee Utd,Aberdeen,Well,Killie,Dunfermline

The draw does look good to me and providing we take care of locos then we have every chance if the right team turns up.

Things are on the up and up just now the hearts game was always going to say a lot about how we are looking for retaining third place.

I just hope that mcghee's got a few players lined up for us to be able to take up the task of achieving that and at least getting into the quarter final draw.

If we don't get a few body's in then injuries will completely ruin any chance we have.