Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Boyle and Dempster, thanks for fuck all.

Had we shown a wee bit of faith im the management team and invested in 1 or 2 replacemnts for the quality we lost in the summer we would have fucking cruised it tonight.

Harsh, but completely true. Weve lost out big time, the club, the fans and boyle.

Boyle and Dempster, thanks for fuck all.

Had we shown a wee bit of faith im the management team and invested in 1 or 2 replacemnts for the quality we lost in the summer we would have fucking cruised it tonight.

Perhaps slightly harsh, given that we don't know the full extent of the club's finances, but its fair to say that one or two extra decent players would've made a huge difference.

That's ridiculous. We signed Randolph who looks like a decent replacement for Ruddy and Blackman looks like a decent addition, albeit, he missed a couple tonight. In addition, Motherwell have the 2nd highest wages to turnover ratio in the SPL, 2nd only behind Hearts, so finances dictate we can't go spending high wages. We are already approaching the wages to turnover ratio we had when we entered administration!

In addition, spending a fortune on some 'quality' players doesn't guarantee you success as proven by Celtic!

The game over the two legs was decided on very fine margins, unfortunately they went slightly against us this time. We could play Odense tomorrow night and win quite comfortably.

That's ridiculous. We signed Randolph who looks like a decent replacement for Ruddy and Blackman looks like a decent addition, albeit, he missed a couple tonight. In addition, Motherwell have the 2nd highest wages to turnover ratio in the SPL, 2nd only behind Hearts, so finances dictate we can't go spending high wages. We are already approaching the wages to turnover ratio we had when we entered administration!

In addition, spending a fortune on some 'quality' players doesn't guarantee you success as proven by Celtic!

The game over the two legs was decided on very fine margins, unfortunately they went slightly against us this time. We could play Odense tomorrow night and win quite comfortably.

Celtic have a fucking clown of a manager.

I'm not asking for fortunes to be spent. But if we still had players that matched the calibre of Coke and O'Brien, we would have done it tonight.

I'm not asking for fortunes to be spent. But if we still had players that matched the calibre of Coke and O'Brien, we would have done it tonight.

That's what makes the loss sting even worse. Spot in the group stages lost because of inability to pay wages that two (one?) players of the Coke/O'Brien cailber. Take that amount of money compared to the infusion of cash that a group stage would have brought........... :(

I agree that we miss O'Brien's creativity but these players are hard to come by. Maybe Gow (if he signs) could be that player once he gets fit. In terms of tonight we created enough chances to win the game but just couldn't convert them. It was just one of those nights. As for Coke, he played well in a handful of games. In these games you could see he had quality, however, in too many matches, he looked lazy and contributed very little, so I don't think he is missed. Missed Jennings more than anyone else!

I'm sorry, naw. Fuck off with the Boyle and Dempster abuse. We've been there and done that with the gambling on what could happen. I'd rather have the club here for another 100 years than go for it for half a dozen and fuck everything.

I'm sorry, naw. Fuck off with the Boyle and Dempster abuse. We've been there and done that with the gambling on what could happen. I'd rather have the club here for another 100 years than go for it for half a dozen and fuck everything.

We've invested in heavily in dross like Bob Malcom in recent years.

A decent player on £2k a week would have made all the difference.

Yawn........McCormack,Porter,Quinn,Clarkson,Pearson,McDonald,MCfadden etc etc ...........(twenty years pass).......Boyd.Walker,McAllister,McLair etc etc.............Deans,Forsyth,McCrae,McLoy.St John etc etc.......the list is endless we are a selling club :( thats how we survive on crowds of 4,000

We've invested in heavily in dross like Bob Malcom in recent years.

A decent player on £2k a week would have made all the difference.

Mibby you should become an agent then, or a scout? And pick out all these decent players who want £2k a week to move to fucking Lanarkshire. Bob Malcolm did a job when we had fuck all else and has more or less, fuck all to do with the point raised. I've yet to see anyone that can confirm the 'invested heavily' part either. No-one else would touch him, I can't see us getting taken to the cleaners.

Absolutely spot on- look where it got us last time.

+1

Yeah we badly missed a creative spark last night and I would have loved us to sign a ready replacment for O'Brien. But truth is players like that are outwith our budget, hence why we loose so many of them over the years. We have to make do and except it...few folk on here are really getting carried away. We are a small club, yet we have been in Europe three years in a row getting to the final knockout stage twice....be proud of that!!

Hope so if it means we can get in a couple of new signings. That said bit less sure on that front given Hutchison who did look like a ready made replacement seems to have fallen behind Page who without having embarrassed himself I don't think is gonna cut it. Harsh to judge him playing at left back to be fair. Maybe Saunders and Craigan might work together in the short term with Hately reverting to right back but I very much doubt Reynolds is offski anyways.

Hope so if it means we can get in a couple of new signings. That said bit less sure on that front given Hutchison who did look like a ready made replacement seems to have fallen behind Page who without having embarrassed himself I don't think is gonna cut it. Harsh to judge him playing at left back to be fair. Maybe Saunders and Craigan might work together in the short term with Hately reverting to right back but I very much doubt Reynolds is offski anyways.

Have to agree.

What I remember from the interview. He said he was going to meet with John Boyle this evening or tomorrow to speak about bringing a "few" players in.

Nothing was mentioned ie. names, positions etc. Not as far as I can remember anyway.

I doubt Reynolds is offski. He is a decent player - sure, but anyone watching him this season would know his limitations. His distribution is quite poor at times.

As for Paw Broon talking to Boyle re a couple of more players. Leaving it a bit late no - with the transfer window shutting in 2 days time.

Sound like Gow may be going to St Mirren according to Danny Lennon. We certainly need a little more of a spark from midfield.

Results went our way this weekend with Hearts, Ddee Utd drawing and Hibs and the Dons losing. How come Hibs play a blinder v us (2nd half anyway) but are utter cack against the likes of St Mirren.

As for Paw Broon talking to Boyle re a couple of more players. Leaving it a bit late no - with the transfer window shutting in 2 days time.

That depends on who he wants to bring in. If it's a couple of players who are out of contract, then the transfer window shutting in two days is irrelevant.