Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

How would that work? He'd just let his 6 month contract run down and do exactly the same as he's just done, joined someone on a free.

In the interviews I have seen he talks about moves he has made in his career and injuries etc and that the 6 month contract he was given suited both parties as it gave him time to impress. Hope he is a man of his word and if he recaptures his old form he stays on a extended deal. If not then cheerio we will hopefully get someone else. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

I like the idea of Gow and Humphrey but two essentially out and out attacking players on the flanks is quite bold. Horses for course possibly depending on who we are playing. Doesn't matter a whole lot if Hately isn't a wonder winger provided he can get into to space to get crosses in and work back.

would say we have a better defence than hibs so if they can do it no reason why we can't

Hateley needs to be dropped for his own good. Page to slot in at right back and Gow to start if he is up to speed by the St.J game. I'd also drop Murphy. Not because he's been bad, just for a rest.

While I agree with you regarding Hateley, why do you feel Murphy needs a rest? I mean, we've only played 9 games this season. Not having a dig, just curious as to why you feel that way.

Going back to Gow, still unsure what to make of it. Like Mitch says, he could be the creative spark we've been missing. Just hope he stays free of injury.

First mention of Gow on this thread goes to Evening Times via Weeyin.

Subject to any loans or free agents signing then it looks like that newspaper is going to clinch the title.

With respect to Murphy I don't know what would benefit him best, he looked like a world-beater against Hibs and Odense (and to a lesser degree against Celtic) in the first half then drifted away in the 2nd in all three games. One thing is important, that he doesn't go off the boil the same as Forbes has.

It's still too early to determine how all our attacking options may gel going forward, there is no doubt we have blistering pace available from a couple (Humphrey & Blackman), strength and aerial threat from another (Sutton) and touch and creativity from 2 more (Murphy and Gow). What besides an immaculate conception that Casagolda offers will no doubt become clear as the season progresses.

They all can't play at the same time so will Brown pick his 11 on the eleven strongest players or pick a formation and and slot players in to accommodate that.

While I agree with you regarding Hateley, why do you feel Murphy needs a rest? I mean, we've only played 9 games this season. Not having a dig, just curious as to why you feel that way.

Going back to Gow, still unsure what to make of it. Like Mitch says, he could be the creative spark we've been missing. Just hope he stays free of injury.

I suppose you could counter that statement with the fact that we're only on week 3 of the SPL season. ;)

We've played 9 games murphy has played more he's a starter for the scottish under 21's i think he is a good wing player and often when he shows the confidence he breezes past players.

Craig and archie will decide whether or not to give him a rest but with a bounce game on monday maybe blackman and casagolda could be nearing the fitness levels needed for the spl.

We'll see encouraging signs in the u19 team anyway 3 wins out of 3 this is the future of our club heres hoping we can push on from here!!!

Might be getting Rudi Skacel in for left wing anyway, Craig Broon was on sportsound today on the Chick Young thing and Skacel foned into talk bout Czech Rep + ws sayin he was looking for a club, Chick tryin to tout him to Broony n he sounded interested lol, maybe if we win the lottery!

It would be nice to see a gifted player like skacel at the well but he'd be another risk. He's been on a downward spiral since leaving hearts as has gow since leaving falkirk. Can we afford two players at the top end of the wage structure that may or may not recapture their former form?

• 3 weeks later...

I guess time will tell if Gow is the better signing over McCluskey.

As for Kerkar, for all the reports his signing would allow Saunders to gradually move into central midfield to replace Reynolds if he does go in January and Craigan as he ramps up his appearances on Monday nights. If he's out our price range then fair enough, we can only play the cards we're dealt.

Burnley are actively seeking to loan out midfielder Kevin McDonald, according to manager Brian Laws.

The 21-year-old joined the club from Dundee in 2008 but has only had 23 minutes of first-team action this season, scoring after coming off the bench against Morecambe in the Carling Cup.

"Kevin has maybe fallen from grace a wee bit," he told the club's official website. "He has found himself out of the first XI and difficult to get on the bench - that's how difficult it is to break into this squad.

"The competition in midfield is as intense as anywhere and everyone is performing well.

"That makes it difficult to involve Kevin in some capacity, so we have talked about getting him out on loan if we can and we are actively trying to do something."

I'd take him in a minute. He's not a a great football player but he's a very big guy who can motor from box to box knocking bodies out of the way like a rampaging buffalo. Thats good enough for the SPL but not whats required in the Championship where he's encountered even bigger buffaloes with a bit of skill as well.