Cardiff Owe Us Some Poons

Bop

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's even a comparable arguement between ourselves being in administration and the current sitution but see to be honest, I couldn't really care less about us being in admin in the past anyway. I'm a Motherwell fan and therefore I want to see those in charge of Motherwell F.C doing what's best for the club. If that means going into admin 8 years ago, and then taking legal action in 2010 against a club that owes us about £200,000 then so be it. If fans of other clubs want to greet about it or Pie 'n Bovril goes into meltdown, I couldn't really give a fuck.
exactly this.

I can just hear Keevins et al, dragging up events of 8 years ago in order to have a kick at us. What odds both red tops will have Karl Ready and Greg Strong greeting at length about how the club left them destitute. Totally missing the point of the situation with Cardiff. Other clubs fans are already having a moan about motherwellathon.

fuck them all.

Which is probably why it was best our chairman didn't go on Sky Sports News and shout and preach to all and sundry about the injustice of it all. He came across as a bit of an arse;the strongly worded statement on the official site was enough in my view-it still would have been reported and not opened us up to claims of hyprocrisy from the tabs. As you say we'll mo doubt be haering from Ready and c o. in the next few days. Athough why M'well fans still bother with the fuds at the Daily Record etc. is beyond me.

What about the petition raised at Hamilton SC? Cardiff are obviously in a different jurisdiction so can we authorise sheriff officers to storm the gates and nick Cardiff's gate-money? Not that it'll come to that, no doubt it'll all be sorted out at the last minute in a similar fashion to all those HMRC winding-up orders so beloved of English league sides.

We have been patient with this debt owed since the turn of the year. We have learnt ourselves from our own financial troubles and have given Cardiff every opportunity to pay this bill. Comes to this with that money we keep ourselves afloat. we keep our youngsters at the club, we keep smith etc at the club

Gees our fecking money. If you cant pay then fine go into administration. Can't say anything about that, but to go in and sign half a dozen players and bellamys wages for loan is just taking the piss.

Thought boyle did look like a ladys part ranting on sky. Calm down and make your point in a professional manner gonna.

that was superb from boyle today. cardiff clearly don't give a fuck about paying their debts and the previous statement and legal procedures had no effect on them. now boyle's went on ssn went a bit mental and probably got 2 or 3 times as much airtime he was meant to and it's been on the news cycle all day. cardiff can't ignore it now and if they do the other championship clubs who are already beeling will be right on their case.

As far as I am aware the jurisdiction point can be transfered to an english decree as the contract was isgned in scotland hence hamilton have jurisdiction.

Mind you am probably talking crap bit like there manager.

Dempster stated that they have 7 days to respond from yesterday

Ah right, makes sense but then I doubt Cardiff are arguing about the contract, they just haven't stumped upthe cash. Shouldn't /Couldn't we have appointed English solicitors and raise it there? Not that it'll be a problem really, I fully expect the money to be stumped up, probably at the last minute right enough.

I had a look on their fans forum earlier and it seems they is a mix of:

30% "to hell with them, little whinging team"

30% "Quinn is rotten, you can have him back"

and another 40% who have a red neck about the whole sorry process

Leeann's interview on STV is the route we should have went down for going public with this rather than John getting all over-excited on Sky.

The Championship/FA are complicit in this though, how could they countenance allowing them to buy new players when they were banned from doing so when there are debts relating to the initial ban still owed.

The Championship/FA are complicit in this though, how could they countenance allowing them to buy new players when they were banned from doing so when there are debts relating to the initial ban still owed.

The rules regarding transfer embargoes are as pointless as the fit and proper test and those new squad rules recently introduced. Completely toothless. It only applies to transfers within England and presumably Wales. So that's why they won't/can't/don't need to pay us as a matter of urgency-not much is going to happen to them, really. Bear in mind that they've not actually bought anyone either-it's all loans and free transfers. Of course, loans are are total nonsense anyway, especially with 31 year old internationals like Bellamy. Man City should be getting some stick as well. I mean, I'm sure there's loads of clubs in Division Two in England that'll gladly pay the odiuos wee shite 10/20k a week for the privilege of a year in the top-flight and 4 years of parachute payments.

Leeann's interview on STV is the route we should have went down for going public with this rather than John getting all over-excited on Sky.

This, as the kids probably don't say anymore.

boyle going mental on sky is what will get us our money.

what was the reaction down south when we put out the first statement? F all.

what was the reaction down south when the embargo was lifted without us being paid? F all.

what kind of coverage did our debt get prior to boyle going on one when bellamy was being linked with them? not a lot.

boyle has let everyone know that cardiff are shafting us and forced the cardiff chairman to comment to on the issue live on tv. if cardiff don't pay us the other championship teams that hate them will go mental. boyle has played a blinder here, so what if he looked a bit of a clown it's £175 grand ffs.

I don't care how JB came across - I'm just happy that he is willing to fight our corner. This money could be the difference between us finishing 3rd/4th with a good cup run or 7th/8th.

Well done JB - get it right up them!

I agree with Stuwell - no doubt that Cardiff consider us small beer that they don't need to concern themselves about.

What are the options, roll over and forget about it !! Remember, there aren't many clubs in Scotland, if any, Squirm included, who would back off from this - that type of attitude got us in the shit when we nearly went down the tubes.

Difference with the Squirm is that the media would be creating merry hell trying to back up their fight - doesn't mean we're in the wrong

MON RA DOSSERS

boyle has let everyone know that cardiff are shafting us and forced the cardiff chairman to comment to on the issue live on tv. if cardiff don't pay us the other championship teams that hate them will go mental. boyle has played a blinder here, so what if he looked a bit of a clown it's £175 grand ffs.

Yeah, fair enough. He did look like a bit of a tit though-"we'll send the bailiffs down". Shame you have to sledgehammer folk these days to get noticed but then that's pretty much the whole point of SSN.

what was the reaction down south when the embargo was lifted without us being paid? F all.

what kind of coverage did our debt get prior to boyle going on one when bellamy was being linked with them? not a lot.

Aye spot on steelboy. Desperate times call for mentally unstable measures. Boyle couldn't have timed it better.

Thought boyle did look like a ladys part ranting on sky. Calm down and make your point in a professional manner gonna.

Agreed with you up until that last bit. We made our point in a professional manner on the 22nd of July when we issued the first press release that also appeared on SSN. They are taking the piss and I would much rather have a chairman like Boyle who showed his commitment and loyalty to the club.

Agreed with you up until that last bit. We made our point in a professional manner on the 22nd of July when we issued the first press release that also appeared on SSN. They are taking the piss and I would much rather have a chairman like Boyle who showed his commitment and loyalty to the club.

Aye fair point. My Criticism though isn't him going on tv or pressing the clubs position its the fact that he was so raging he couldn't string two sentences together. Makes Cardiff think he is daft and they can walk all over him. Can still go mental just make sure you can put across your point in a forthright manner.

Am all for sending Bailiffs down to sieze cash etc especially after Jones response indeed sieze his wages first and then see what he says.

Fucking spot on. The first thing I thought when I realised John Boyle's coupon was appearing on Sky Sports News every fifteen minutes was "that'll be us getting our cash now then". Suddenly the whole of the UK knows about it and this camp angry Scotsman on Sky Sports News is a talking point - Cardiff simply can't ignore the £200,000 they owe us like they have since January 2009, and I fully expect them to pay it in the near future now.

Boyle might not have conducted himself to everyone's tastes, but it was his determination to get on Sky and go a bit mental that's most likely now secured us a hefty wad of cash for the new season.

Well in John!

I think the club have played this absolutely spot on. Working under the scenes, a gentle public statement then wait until Cardiff are in the limelight and unleash the big one and give Sky a huger story than the already large one they had. And appearing like a bumbling idiot means it won't be forgotten - if that was planned a masterstroke.

If we don't get this money and were to end up in admin again a year from now (perish the thought) and we did fuck all Boyle would be lambasted. He has learnt from 2002 and is looking after us well now and today is another fine example of it.

I think the club have played this absolutely spot on. Working under the scenes, a gentle public statement then wait until Cardiff are in the limelight and unleash the big one and give Sky a huger story than the already large one they had. And appearing like a bumbling idiot means it won't be forgotten - if that was planned a masterstroke.

If we don't get this money and were to end up in admin again a year from now (perish the thought) and we did fuck all Boyle would be lambasted. He has learnt from 2002 and is looking after us well now and today is another fine example of it.

To some extent I agree but unfortunately the Bellamy story in still the bigger story. The plight of a small Scottish Football club will not capture the imagination of the English Football fans so the story will burn out very quickly I am afraid. Hope I am wrong.