Cardiff Owe Us Some Poons

Bop

Whether people think Boyle's rant was right or wrong ain't the point, it's grabbed all the attention away from Bellamy signing for them and solely focussed the fact that Cardiff are trying to shit on us from a great height.

Couldn't see Dempster's cool, calm and to the point message doing that.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boyle going mental on sky is what will get us our money.

what was the reaction down south when we put out the first statement? F all.

what was the reaction down south when the embargo was lifted without us being paid? F all.

what kind of coverage did our debt get prior to boyle going on one when bellamy was being linked with them? not a lot.

boyle has let everyone know that cardiff are shafting us and forced the cardiff chairman to comment to on the issue live on tv. if cardiff don't pay us the other championship teams that hate them will go mental. boyle has played a blinder here, so what if he looked a bit of a clown it's £175 grand ffs.

Amen! :thumbup:

To be fair to Dempster, 5 Live is not as sensationalist as Sky Sports News is and without having heard it I'm sure her tone would have got exactly the same message across to a different demographic of the public.

But I bet there isn't a soundbite of it playing every half hour on 5live the way Boyle's rant is on SSN, which is putting the focus on MFC.

I wouldn't expect anything different from Andy Walker - he was a great wee player for us and I was absolutely gutted when he left. But of all the ex players that went to the OF - he is the one that got the most vociferous welcome on his return, (in my opininion). "Andy Wanker, You're a Walker, You're a Walker" from the whole of the shed. He got absolutely roasted :thumbup: - so we shouldn't expect any loyaly from him. He's commented about our response in his column many times.

What struck me most about the Cardiff Chairman's response was that he wasn't raging about a high profile 'daubing in' on SSN for not paying a transfer fee - if you listen to what he said, he was raging about the high profile hijacking of his Bellamy press conference - The Prize Nugget!

I think we will get bad press particularly in Scotland on the back of the pain felt by many following our going into administration - but we always need to remember that Boyle was the biggest loser overall in terms of what he wrote off. So it's not as 'rich' as some will portray. However as always - the media love to have a pop and I'm sure they'll take the opportunity to highlight that a lot of folk who could ill afford it suffered during that time - Boyle, even considering his huge financial loss, is always portrayed as someone that could afford / weather that relatively comfortably.

Yesterday, I think we got the mix just about spot on - i was a bit concerned about the language that I'd heard we'd used and how it would come across. But as i watched it transpire - the Boyle outburst on Sky and the Dempster interview elsewhere just about got things across as well as we could have hoped.

At the end of the day £200K is money that we need and that we are due - so we need to do what it takes.

Greig-an ex motherwell player,was on the sports breakfast complaining about the irony of it all after his contract was ripped up when Motherwell went into administration. Dave Jones on as well and his first line was 'ask me about the football not the politics' and that booze bag Alan Brazil did as he was told.

Greig-an ex motherwell player,was on the sports breakfast complaining about the irony of it all after his contract was ripped up when Motherwell went into administration. Dave Jones on as well and his first line was 'ask me about the football not the politics' and that booze bag Alan Brazil did as he was told.

Greig Strong was that???

Arsehole. It annoys me they keep refering back to us in administration. Just waiting for Eddie Forrest to give us his two cents.

Greig Strong was that???

Arsehole. It annoys me they keep refering back to us in administration. Just waiting for Eddie Forrest to give us his two cents.

I think so,it sounded as if he just phoned in like a punter rather than it being an organised interview so he was introduced as 'Greig from Motherwell'

It was a hellish time and obviously no-one had the foresight to avert the fall over the cliff with the TV deal that threw us into administration.

I can sympathise with the staff and players affected as they had those bona-fide contracts that became null and void - a really sair yin for all of them. Most however managed to move on in the game - so fair play.

They're entitled to their say - granted. But most have had it a few times over now - there will come a point in time when it's just not relevant to wheel these guys out. They need to get on with their life and Motherwell have weathered the storm and now cut their cloth to suit to avoid it ever happening again - so as a clube MFC are entitled to get on with theirs.

It's a difficult one.

It's a difficult one.

It’s not really. Administration was a very dark time for our club and it is highly regrettable that people lost out financially through no fault of their own but this is an entirely different situation altogether. Cardiff have been pleading poverty and delaying payment and we’ve bent over backwards to accommodate them. Now they have gone and signed a ‘big name’ player and agreed to pay him the same amount they owe us every fucking month!!! They are not in administration and are clearly not even as financially fucked as they have been making out all year. They are at it and John Boyle was quite right to piss all over their party yesterday.

Fuck them. They are the thieving gypo’s of British football and have been exposed as such.

It’s not really. Administration was a very dark time for our club and it is highly regrettable that people lost out financially through no fault of their own but this is an entirely different situation altogether. Cardiff have been pleading poverty and delaying payment and we’ve bent over backwards to accommodate them. Now they have gone and signed a ‘big name’ player and agreed to pay him the same amount they owe us every fucking month!!! They are not in administration and are clearly not even as financially fucked as they have been making out all year. They are at it and John Boyle was quite right to piss all over their party yesterday.

Fuck them. They are the thieving gypo’s of British football and have been exposed as such.

I was referring to whether folk like Greg Strong or Eddie Forrest still have a valid point.

I've said elsewhere that the situation with Cardiff is not a difficult one

It's not really. Administration was a very dark time for our club and it is highly regrettable that people lost out financially through no fault of their own but this is an entirely different situation altogether. Cardiff have been pleading poverty and delaying payment and we've bent over backwards to accommodate them. Now they have gone and signed a 'big name' player and agreed to pay him the same amount they owe us every fucking month!!! They are not in administration and are clearly not even as financially fucked as they have been making out all year. They are at it and John Boyle was quite right to piss all over their party yesterday.

Fuck them. They are the thieving gypo's of British football and have been exposed as such.

There seems to be a lot of secrecy about who is actually paying his wages and it is angering a lot of clubs down there.

Cardiff are a disgrace, they owe us money yet sign a High Profile player who could easily fit into any EPL team. Unbeleivable!

I read on BBC, that the club may send bailiffs to take cash form the club lol.

Given all these circumstances and with legal and moral weight behind us, Motherwell FC have no option but to immediately pursue all legal routes to ensure this significant sum is paid to us as quickly as possible.

"These may include issuing a winding up order, arresting assets or physically sending bailiffs to their ground on match day to take possession of cash. Every option will be fully considered and implemented as soon as possible.

I was referring to whether folk like Greg Strong or Eddie Forrest still have a valid point.

I've said elsewhere that the situation with Cardiff is not a difficult one

Fair enough SD. In that respect you're quite right.

These are two mutually exclusive events that don't really stand comparison but it's inevitable that they will be compared and I suppose we need to deal with that. Do these people still have a valid point after 8 years? I don't know. I'm still owed a packet of Quavers and a can of Vimto from a playground trade agreement reached in 1979 (that I was stupid enough not to get in writing) but I stopped banging on about it a good couple of years ago. I appreciate that people are still sore about losing out but it was 8 years ago and was an entirely different situation.

It can't keep coming back to bite us on the arse every time somebody tries to turn us over.

Remember we lost out a fair whack when Gretna went bust ! But we let them use FP to help them try to keep afloat.

Cardiff are basically cheating robbing scumbags.

I fancy a new car , cardiff style . Get new motor from dealer not pay anything for 14 months them start greetin' when the repo man comes knockin' at the door.

Bet you no-one would give me any sympathy.

Cardiff chairman just on SSN saying of course he will be the 'well the money as they have sold loads of strips today !!

The dirty scumbags are going to give us the ca$h in pound coins :thumbup:

They are that desperate for the ca$h they are selling Cardiff strips with 'Bellam' and the number 3 , as they have ran out of y's & 9's. I wouldn't trust them to print the y & s's on at a later date would you ?

On cue is Eddie Forrest in today's Sun talking about the money he's owed.

The thing is legally he's not owed any money.

He got his share from the CVA end of.

Not saying it's morally correct though. However where he then went onto play shows that we were paying too much for his services anyway.

8 years have now past so learn to live with it and get ion with it.

I probably wouldn't mind if he was sticking up for those form the off field side of the business who were on a pittance compared to him but not once has he mentioned them and realised he's probably better off.

EDDIE FORREST watched in disgust as John Boyle threatened to pull the plug on Cardiff City.

The former Motherwell ace's blood boiled as the Fir Park supremo demanded £200,000.

Forrest claims he was left tens of thousands of pounds out of pocket when he was one of 19 players axed in 2002 after Boyle put Well into administration.

He is still chasing his cash and accused Boyle of double standards over his pursuit of the Paul Quinn transfer cash from Cardiff.

Forrest, 31, told SunSport: "It made me laugh when I saw Boyle on TV on Tuesday.

"It was laughable to hear him having a go at Cardiff. This is double standards by John Boyle. He has a cheek going on about money owed by Cardiff.

"He wants money for Paul Quinn, but the boys let go by Motherwell are owed ridiculous amounts of money.

"It's not just the players, it's businesses in Motherwell.

"Of course, people in all walks of life lose their jobs.

"But it's laughable to hear Boyle say he'll shut Cardiff down. How dare he!

"I can't believe he has the audacity to come out with comments like those.

"I know there's no chance we will ever get all of our money. It was eight years ago, but it still outrages me and it's disgusting that it's been allowed to happen.

"If he was any kind of decent person, he would use the Cardiff money to pay back the people who are out of pocket from eight years ago."

Well chairman Boyle is furious over Cardiff's failure to settle the Quinn debt.

SunSport told how he lashed out at the Welsh club - who now insist the money will be paid - on the day they landed big-earning Celtic target Craig Bellamy on loan, below.

But Forrest is just as angry with Boyle after his three-year contract was torn up during administration.

He added: "I'd signed a three-year contract when I joined Motherwell, but I wasn't even a year into the deal when they went into administration.

"I was owed £98,000 for the rest of my contract and I think Karl Ready was owed closer to £250,000. You expect them to honour the contract, then you're told it's just not there.

"I bet Cardiff City don't know the full situation with Motherwell's history."

Boyle is not legally obliged to pay anything more to the 19 players who were made redundant. They include Wigan boss Roberto Martinez, Hibs keeper Mark Brown and Kevin Twaddle.

But Forrest, now a taxi driver after hanging up his boots, feels the chairman still has a moral obligation.

He said: "We are all supposed to get a dividend from Motherwell every May.

"It was delayed one year because they were spending money on the pitch.

"We've still to receive this year's dividend as well and I'm still chasing it up.

"It's peanuts - not even enough to pay for a holiday - but it's still better than receiving nothing at all." Boyle was hit hard personally when Motherwell went into administration, writing off his £11million investment as Well paid a heavy price for the extravagant spending on big names like Andy Goram and John Spencer.

But Forrest regards the axed players as victims and still nurses a real grievance.

He added: "Motherwell went into administration in April 2002, but they must have known about the problems earlier.

"If they'd told us in the January, we'd have had a chance to get fixed up with other clubs. We were sacked in April and had no chance of getting a new club.

"I ended up out of work for four months before I signed for Berwick Rangers.

"We were disappointed the players' union couldn't more for us.

"This would never have been allowed to happen in England."

But Forrest can't forget the way he was shown the door in 2002.

He said: "He didn't have the balls to tell the boys face to face. He got a young girl to tell us our contracts had been ripped up."