Odense Travel Thread

Neil

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSH - Quick question

Are you allowed to take your own beer/drink onto the train or is that not allowed.

Yes u are. This is Denmark. We've got the highest taxes in the world, are legislated in every possible way but if they fuck with our abbility to drink our own beer when and where ever we please, we WILL rise and fight.... :cheers:

What's the best beer? Is it Carlsberg and Tuborg everywhere or is there other alternatives and can you get cider?

Carlsberg and grobut are the most common in the shops but also a lot of cider brands.

U can get all sorts of other brands and if u like belgium beer we've got a variety of micro breweries that make very strong and excellent beers. Mind u, if u wanna last to see the game u should probably stick to lager.... :cheers:) In bars everything is available. Cider, Guiness, lager u name it.

Actually, come to think of it. In Denmark u can probably track down any given beer u please...

Carlsberg and grobut are the most common in the shops but also a lot of cider brands.

U can get all sorts of other brands and if u like belgium beer we've got a variety of micro breweries that make very strong and excellent beers. Mind u, if u wanna last to see the game u should probably stick to lager.... :cheers: ) In bars everything is available. Cider, Guiness, lager u name it.

Actually, come to think of it. In Denmark u can probably track down any given beer u please...

Be warned, that the alkopops called "cider" in Denmark has very little to do with british cider. I recommend trying a single can first, before you spend all your alkohol money on them. Some are just horribly sweet sodas with alkohol in them. More like applejuice and vodka than cider. Real british cider is mostly only available in irish/scottish pubs in DK.

And when in Odense you should definently try the local lager "Odense Pilsner". It's the only local pilsner in DK which has held on to its market share against the mighty Carlsberg cooperation.

It's a bit different than most european lagers. It tastes a little bit stronger than most. (as in tastes more of barly, hops and so on. It's not stronger alcohol-wise)

Cheers to you as well !

Anybody else thinking about staying in Copenhagen and travelling through on the day ?

Afraid I will be, I stay in Copenhagen and will be working and leaving at lunchtime, but still hope to have time for some beers before the game.

I havve suddenly become very popular with all my mates looking for free digs, house is full, will be good party after the game I fear....

Folk pulling out left, right, and centre, my end. Still think I'm going to go though *possibly* using the Aberdeen to Copenhagen route then onto Odense on morning of game and heading back to Copenhagen after kick off (2318 train).

I suppose this question is to our much appreciated Danish friends (apologies if it has been answered already on this thread) but I take it there is not too much ground to cover between the train station, centre of Odense, and football ground? In other words I'd have no problems getting to the train station after the game??

I suppose this question is to our much appreciated Danish friends (apologies if it has been answered already on this thread) but I take it there is not too much ground to cover between the train station, centre of Odense, and football ground? In other words I'd have no problems getting to the train station after the game??

A 30 min walk was mentioned early mate

Folk pulling out left, right, and centre, my end. Still think I'm going to go though *possibly* using the Aberdeen to Copenhagen route then onto Odense on morning of game and heading back to Copenhagen after kick off (2318 train).

If kick off is t 20.45 (we're an hour ahead of u) the game ends at about 22.40. With croud and all u'll have to hurry a bit to catch the 23.18 train but it's possible.

Maybe a better plan would be to slow down, have a few pints with us and say thanks for the game and go for the one departing from Odense at .50 past midnight?

What's the best beer? Is it Carlsberg and Tuborg everywhere or is there other alternatives and can you get cider?

At last someone gets down to the serious questions :cheers:

U can get all sorts of other brands and if u like belgium beer we've got a variety of micro breweries that make very strong and excellent beers. Mind u, if u wanna last to see the game u should probably stick to lager.... :O ) In bars everything is available. Cider, Guiness, lager u name it.

And when in Odense you should definently try the local lager "Odense Pilsner".

And the very promising answers had made my mind up, I'm in :thumbup:

just need to book travel and digs :unsure:

Finlay, you sorted those plans yet, I'm going alone from the UK again so can car share or whatever to the airport if thats helps either way

Fair play to OdenseSaysHello and Uncle Rifle. If all OB fans are like them, the travelling Dossers should be in for a great time.

:unsure:

Ha ha ha, and fair play to u lads. I've had loads of different qs about accomodation and travelling. But the most frequently asked question is:

What's the price of beer in Denmark!?

Thumbs up, guys. Let's have a ball and see who wins!

Ps. By the way the answer is: A whole lot cheaper than in Scotland, that's for sure! :thumbup:

Finlay, you sorted those plans yet, I'm going alone from the UK again so can car share or whatever to the airport if thats helps either way

Looks like I'm doing the same mate. Are you going from Aberdeen/staying in Copenhagen? Give me a PM with your plans.

£5 a pint in Recko, £8 in Oslo.

:thumbup:

8 pounds in Oslo seems about right. They got the state's only-rights going on up there. If u go to the fancy cafees in Denmark, u'll be charged ur arse. Like 6-8 pounds, but stick to the ordinary pubs and u're good for 2-3 pounds per pint. And u'll have a much better time whilst drinking.... ;o)

Fair play to OdenseSaysHello and Uncle Rifle. If all OB fans are like them, the travelling Dossers should be in for a great time.

:thumbup:

Thank you. I would just like to state how much it pleases me that we are meeting a true traditional football team from the motherland of football, instead of some unknown eastern european team. It's a pleasure meeting a team that we have heard of, like Motherwell, instead of FC UnknownSerbianTeam est. 1997. Motherwell was founded 1886, OB in 1887. Proper teams, with proper history.

I hope we pass through to the group stage, off course, but if we don't, then at least there will be a real football team going through. I would take an english or scottish team to go through any time over some unknown team who is the plaything of some russian milionaire.