Odense Travel Thread

Neil

Check my earlier post on clip cards... :evilgrin: )

Thanks - I had seen that, but I'm travelling myself on the flight, meeting my pals in Odense. So I don't think Clip Cards will be a help, unless I hang about the airport touting for other fans travelling to Odense ;-)

Just wondering if there's any benefot in booking the train in advance... cheers.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - I had seen that, but I'm travelling myself on the flight, meeting my pals in Odense. So I don't think Clip Cards will be a help, unless I hang about the airport touting for other fans travelling to Odense ;-)

Just wondering if there's any benefot in booking the train in advance... cheers.

There's no benefit regarding the price, but u skip the lines in the airport and can book a seat in advance. Remember in Denmark u cant buy a ticket on the train. U must get it before u board - otherwise its a 5000 kr fine (570ish pounds).

But dont u think u can find other well fans already on the flight?

Is the Friday morning journey to Aarhus from Odense an easy one ?

That's the route I was checking out yesterday.

Trains leaving from Aarhus to Odense pretty regular, 2/3 an hour, journey takes 1 hour 45 mins or so.

I assumed that was just a direct train, though I didn't check that.

£33 a ticket

There's no benefit regarding the price, but u skip the lines in the airport and can book a seat in advance. Remember in Denmark u cant buy a ticket on the train. U must get it before u board - otherwise its a 5000 kr fine (570ish pounds).

But dont u think u can find other well fans already on the flight?

Cheers, appreciate the advice. I'm on a flight early on the Weds morning from London... I don't expect that to be the most popular of the likely routes from Motherwell.

Cheers, appreciate the advice. I'm on a flight early on the Weds morning from London... I don't expect that to be the most popular of the likely routes from Motherwell.

Where to?

You'll be surprised where folk are going from...

FAO of "OdenseSaysHello"

Would it be possible to get a train back to Copehahagen from Odense, after the game on the thursday night ?

Yes, no problem. There's one departing from odense at 23.48, u'll catch that easily. Otherwise there's one 50 minutes past midnight. Good as well.

Make sure u get tanked up with beer and stuff before u board. They fuck u big time with the prizes in the train....

Yes, no problem. There's one departing from odense at 23.48, u'll catch that easily. Otherwise there's one 50 minutes past midnight. Good as well.

Make sure u get tanked up with beer and stuff before u board. They fuck u big time with the prizes in the train....

Cheers mate !

Cheers to you as well !

Anybody else thinking about staying in Copenhagen and travelling through on the day ?

Half a dozen of us dont arrive into Copenhagen until about 10.50 on the Wednesday night (from Gatwick) so will stay the night and head to Odense in the morning.

Think all Europa League matches are either 5pm or 7.45

Cheers.

My worry is that it is an early kick-off. One of the flights I was looking at doesn't get to Copenhagen until 15:30 so I would miss the start of the match. I guess I'll need to look at earlier flights just to be safe.

OSH - Quick question

Are you allowed to take your own beer/drink onto the train or is that not allowed.