Clear Need Of Inventive Striker

Yoshi-1991

We definately need somebody in the midfield who will make runs to back up the front players.

I though the big difference between us and Odense last week was the ability they had to play a ball up to their front man who basically trapped it and played it back into the path of their midfield who were always willing to get forward to support them.

On the other hand when we played a ball up top if we manged to get it under control there was never anybody backing up the front players and Blackman and Murphy were left looking for some way to get past the defence on their own.

and i have to say that murphy looks like he has givin up a little bit recently (i still rate him though). i would say we need someone like we had with mcdonald and mccormack

Murphy has had one bad game this season against Celtic. So he has now given up?

Oh and do you have a million pounds? I don't and I don't think anyone at Motherwell has either.

Jog on.

its not about everyone running back post when Humphrey is about to cross, its something that looks like it needs to be worked on in training. Our guys seem clueless when it comes to making runs.

At free kicks we dont mix it up anywhere near enough, you get Hateley passing it into the keepers arms (ok he does score the occasional screamer) and then you get a ball floated into a ruck of 15 bodies at the back post. Theres no invention. And with crosses, and its the same for crosses from the left, our attackers all go front or middle and no-one seems to gamble on a back post ball,maybe something that comes with experience but it should be drilled into the players

its not about everyone running back post when Humphrey is about to cross, its something that looks like it needs to be worked on in training. Our guys seem clueless when it comes to making runs.

At free kicks we dont mix it up anywhere near enough, you get Hateley passing it into the keepers arms (ok he does score the occasional screamer) and then you get a ball floated into a ruck of 15 bodies at the back post. Theres no invention. And with crosses, and its the same for crosses from the left, our attackers all go front or middle and no-one seems to gamble on a back post ball,maybe something that comes with experience but it should be drilled into the players

spot on shaka also the lack of players in the box when the ball is being crossed in from open play is a problem.theres been plenty of times this season already when humphry has crossed the ball in and weve only had sutton and murphy in the box up against 5 or 6 opposition players

At free kicks we dont mix it up anywhere near enough, you get Hateley passing it into the keepers arms (ok he does score the occasional screamer) and then you get a ball floated into a ruck of 15 bodies at the back post. Theres no invention.

Our set pieces don’t appear to carry the same threat as the opposition. At the Hibs game moments before they prepared to take a late free kick, Flow uttered the imortal words ‘You know what’s coming next’ to the Radio Scotland commentator.

We don't need a striker we nedd somebody who can create openings for them and back them up. We need somebody in the middle who has the class to put his foot on the ball and control play. Unfortunately we don't have the money to buy one.

Murphy has had one bad game this season against Celtic. So he has now given up?

Oh and do you have a million pounds? I don't and I don't think anyone at Motherwell has either.

Jog on.

he lso look poor in the odense game if you ask me. and what are you on about? a million pounds, i never mentioned money, we got both mcdonald and mccormack free contract if i can remember rightly...

I'd say it's an inventive striker we need, moreso than somebody in midfield. The Odense games, the Hibs game and the Celtic games we managed to get the ball in and around the 18 yard box rather easily, problem for me is nobody there to make a little bit of something out of nothing like Jutkiewicz or to an extent Porter.

perhaps one game they will all run to the back post only for the ball to be crossed to the near post :lol:

We have been missing a regular goalscoring central midfield player for a long time now. Safety first football probably put an end to any ideas that the center of our midfield could be creative and be allowed to venture forward.

That can be sorted! One player Near post, One player at the Penalty Spot, another at the far post and One in the upper teir of the South Stand Waiting for the Cross :)

Gannon got it right a majority of the time.

Learn to pass the ball from the back (its simples)

We panic when in possession at the back which make Reynolds and Craigan hoof it into the east stand or fifty feet over the wingers head.

Not sure we need another striker, the strikers we have need to learn there trade, it takes time but it can be done. Regardless where the crosses go, if its in the 18 yard box its a chance..

Back to basics from defence through midlfield, then to your outlets, be it wingers or strikers moving off the ball.