Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

Club Statement

Motherwell Football Club today (Wednesday) released the following statement in relation to speculation surrounding Craig Brown and Archie Knox.

Commenting, Chief Executive Leeann Dempster said, “Given the fantastic on-field success in 2010, it is not surprising that other clubs are taking an interest in our management team.

With that in mind, we can confirm that representatives from Aberdeen Football Club met briefly with both Craig Brown and Archie Knox yesterday afternoon.

However, both have decided to reject any approach and reiterated their commitment to Motherwell Football Club. We look forward to continued success under both men in the future.”

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=133

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should serve as a warning to Motherwell to get them onto some sort of contract rather than losing them for nothing in the future. If they were willing to even meet with Aberdeen, there is obviously a part of them willing to consider alternative employment.

I don't know, I mean I take your point but I think that meeting with Aberdeen's representatives would have been more a show of common courtesy rather than any sort of serious discussion. I didn't think there was any chance of them leaving but good to get the confirmation and well done on the club for getting a statement out so quickly.

Phew! Couple of things come to mind...

1) I thought Jack and Victor were doing us a favour and kind of got stuck... I'd be surprised if they were out to create a new career like that and go round a club or two

2) Who do Aberdeen really think they are? Twice they've circled out management team now. Why the hell would anyone want to go up there rather than stay with us? Their history is just that. History. We're a better team.

3) Thank fuck!

Aberdeen are in a total mess. They would be best just to give the job to Paul Hartley and ride it out until the end of the season. They have a few decent young players but they are all injured - the rest are ganting.

Brown and Knox are not stupid and will have seen they are beyond rescue. Their only hope is that the Accies remain totally shite for the rest of the season and they can pip them in a relegation battle.

Fuck off Aberdeen!

Stop living in the past, stop lookin to steal other (better) teams managers like the OF do.

Yer a diddy club, get used to it.

Dicks.

WHS ^ 10

The sheep are in debt, can't afford players, have declining support not much bigger than ours and are in a dangerous position in the SPL and they STILL think they're a big club because of something that happened under a particular manager years ago.

How many managers have they had since Fergie ? They have slowly gone down hill ever since and it's not to do with managers. They are just declining with the rest of Scottish football and they haven't worked it out yet.

Fuck them. Fuck them all, right in the ear. c***s !!

PS - Well done Craig and Archie. you did the right thing.

Should serve as a warning to Motherwell to get them onto some sort of contract rather than losing them for nothing in the future.

The impression I got at the time was that if we'd insisted on a contract, they wouldn't still be here anyway. Can't see that changing now.

Never worried about Brown going to Aberdeen, I suppose there was an outside chance Archie Knox might have wanted to be top man again and he has old links with Aberdeen but looks like Aberdeen approached them both as a team, not either one individually.

However Brown won't go on for ever. Will he stay at the end of the season? Have one more after that?

He has done a great job but I don't see him hanging around for an indefinite length of time. He'll step down when he thinks he's taken us as far as he can and probably Top 4 or 5 and Europe is pretty much all he can do with the resources baring a cup win.

Hello,

Am I missing the point? Why the hell didn't they just pick up the phone to Windy Miller and say, sorry we are happy at Motherwell, now on your way.

Disappointed that they even gave that clown the time of day.

The interview on the BBC link above should clear that up. Bigger pool of players and bigger budget made the job worth considering.