Vs Falkirk

Busta Nut

But do they really play good football? Many folk, especially in the media say this. Any time I've seen them in recent times though they haven't exactly turned on the silky soccer. All too often they've relied on the long ball to man mountain Michael Higdon.

Against us in their recent 1-0 victory at Falkirk they were pretty dull and uninspiring.

Still maybe I've undersold them and they'll turn on the style on Saturday.

I've said it before and debated with Falkirk supporting colleagues, it's a sad indictment on the Scottish game if Falkirk are classed as a 'footballing' side.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It'll be interesting to see how the referee reacts to Hughes' (justified) criticism of Willie Collum's handling of the Rangers game and his subsequent refusal to wipe out Clegg's red card.

As for the game we should have enough to win, but when have we heard that before.

We've hit a bit of form in the last few games and on the back of that outstanding result away at Tannadice, we're now at home to Falkirk who are one point of bottom.

A guranteed home win you would think?

This is Motherwell we're talking about though and as we all know it's NEVER that straight forward. Obviously really hoping for a win, but I'm quite nervous about games where the concensus it we're expected to win.

On paper, I think Falkirk have some excellent players, but it's just not been happening for them.

IU've no idea what the score will be, but a Falkirk win would be a disaster!

Thing for me, since the Inverness game, is that we have begun to play football like we did a year back. We tore apart a United side which, this season, had been the outstanding outfit in the SPL really. I know it's Motherwell we are, but there's just a spark there now which was missing pre-Christmas. Motherwell are back.

<H1 id=entry-title>Upbeat McGhee has star returning</H1>Motherwell, 16:22, January 23, 2009

Mark McGhee will have a full squad to select from for Saturday's clash with Falkirk, with Keith Lasley back after suspension.

Midfielder Lasley missed the big win over Dundee United last weekend but is available for selection, as 'Well look to extend their unbeaten run to five matches.

McGhee feels that the return of key players from injury has been the reason for the recent improvement in results, which has seen them move up to seventh in the SPL.

The manager said: "We suddenly went from having 10 or 12 recognised players training to having 21, 22 that week. That was a huge boost for us all. Suddenly, we could have an 11-a-side (in training).

"To be back on the grass (after the bad weather) with a full squad to choose from has given everyone a huge lift, which has led to an improvement in form and, of course, an improvement in results."

Course, not quite complete - Brian McLean not quite there, but least he's training now.

Im getting carried away on a wave of optimism here and now realise that the Accies and Killie reserves defeats were just on another lifetime and we're BACK! So it's a 3-1 win for me with the new possession holding stocky David Clarkson scoring TWICE! :( .

<H1 id=entry-title>Upbeat McGhee has star returning</H1>Motherwell, 16:22, January 23, 2009

Mark McGhee will have a full squad to select from for Saturday's clash with Falkirk, with Keith Lasley back after suspension.

Midfielder Lasley missed the big win over Dundee United last weekend but is available for selection, as 'Well look to extend their unbeaten run to five matches.

McGhee feels that the return of key players from injury has been the reason for the recent improvement in results, which has seen them move up to seventh in the SPL.

The manager said: "We suddenly went from having 10 or 12 recognised players training to having 21, 22 that week. That was a huge boost for us all. Suddenly, we could have an 11-a-side (in training).

"To be back on the grass (after the bad weather) with a full squad to choose from has given everyone a huge lift, which has led to an improvement in form and, of course, an improvement in results."

Course, not quite complete - Brian McLean not quite there, but least he's training now.

Lasley on the bench plz. Nothing against the guy at all, but would not want to change the team after last week.