Jump to content

MST

(mst) Spl Restructure Q&a

Recommended Posts

Motherwell Supporters Trust are delighted to announce the opportunity for all ‘Well fans to come together to discuss the recent SPL restructuring proposals. Monday 24th January 2011 is the key date for your diary. Motherwell FC Chief Executive Leanne Dempster and Vice Chairman Derek Weir will take part in a Question and Answer session in Fir Park’s Cooper Suite, with the evening underway at 7.00pm.

 

We are delighted that the club has decided to take this bold step to speak directly with the fans. In a first for the 12 teams currently in the SPL, this provides Motherwell fans with the opportunity to find out more about the current plans in more detail. For the first time you’ll also learn about the clubs take on the proposals and what they see as the benefits and where there are still concerns.

 

The club is also eager to hear your opinions on everything from safe standing to alcohol at Fir Park. As they continue to improve the match day experience for Motherwell fans. From our discussions, it is clear that all ideas and suggestions will be taken on board.

 

Scottish football fans have made their thoughts on a 10 team top flight clear through the Supporters Direct survey undertaken in December. The results showed that 85% of those polled would prefer a larger top flight. This event will give Motherwell fans the chance to put their questions direct to Leanne and Derek.

 

The event is open to all Motherwell fans, demand is expected to be high and admission is on a first come first served basis. Trust members will be given the opportunity to reserve their place at the meeting by emailing [email protected]

 

We are encouraging Motherwell fans to get in touch with us by emailing [email protected] with their questions for Leanne and Derek. These won’t be shared with the club before the night but it will ensure that you get your questions answered and opinions heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going by the reaction of some of the other SPL members, sounds like the Old Firm and SPL Exec are trying to push this through.

 

Redistributing the finances and voting structure don't appear to be on the table.

 

The statement does only say that all clubs have broadly agreed to the statement not neccessarily the restructuring of the leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Going by the reaction of some of the other SPL members, sounds like the Old Firm and SPL Exec are trying to push this through.

 

Redistributing the finances and voting structure don't appear to be on the table.

 

The statement does only say that all clubs have broadly agreed to the statement not neccessarily the restructuring of the leagues.

 

Yep! Just read the Killie chairman's comments and the reference therein to the Butcher claim that ICT chairman was being bullied primarily by the OF.

 

Won't make it to the meeting - but I suppose my main question is - Given that JB has already covered this too, when will we take on the OF - & is there a consensus in the other 10 to take them on at some point?

 

Good step to hold the event also - well done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only have one question tbh...

 

Why is it, Scotland who is so passionate about football, and as we're constantly told have a high percentage of fans to population going to games not able to have a top league as big as massive countries like Luxembourg and Wales?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applause and respects to the Club on this.

 

Would the Club be prepared to give a Presentation to the Meeting regarding Neil Doncaster's proposals ? I think we all want to know the essential details before we can say yeh or nay with assurance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will they talk about finance and gate prices??

 

or will we just be told "we have to continue charging what we are so that we remain competitive?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest 'Flow

Folks,

 

Would encourage as many questions to the email address listed above.

 

This is Motherwell Football Club coming forward and opening up the discussion channels with fans and the Trust are doing fantastic work helping putting it together so it would be good to make it worthwhile and, possibly, making it a more regular thing.

 

For the latest update from the Board, check out the Boardroom statement released today: CLUB STATEMENT - 20/01/2011.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Folks,

 

Would encourage as many questions to the email address listed above.

 

This is Motherwell Football Club coming forward and opening up the discussion channels with fans and the Trust are doing fantastic work helping putting it together so it would be good to make it worthwhile and, possibly, making it a more regular thing.

 

For the latest update from the Board, check out the Boardroom statement released today: CLUB STATEMENT - 20/01/2011.

 

Sounds like Ms Dempster is back at her desk, an update from the boardroom, an open forum and 2 new signings all sorted out by Thursday. :unsure:

 

 

Fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hope splitting gate receipts is on the table like.

:unsure: Definitely. This would encourage clubs to encourage their fans to travel, but be warned such a suggestion might upset the OF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
excellent initiative and at least we will get some insights into the logic behing their support for the 10 SPL

 

 

Logic? This has nothing to do with logic, it's about money.

That's what rules in Scottish Football. In the end they will do what Sky TV demand, you and I dont count.

A total and complete waste of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it is commendable this meeting is taking place, it is two months too late. The fans should have been consulted before the SPL met to discuss anything. All of this courting of the fans seems to be a reactive measure given the negative response from supporter's bodies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
While it is commendable this meeting is taking place, it is two months too late. The fans should have been consulted before the SPL met to discuss anything. All of this courting of the fans seems to be a reactive measure given the negative response from supporter's bodies.

;)

 

However, we moaned and groaned and now we have a platform to raise our concerns it would be folly not to use it.

 

Reactive indeed but better than nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Now that the overall position with the proposal is clearer, we are keen to engage fully with our fans and encourage full and frank discussion. Leeann Dempster has arranged, after requesting Supporters Trust assistance, an open fans forum for this coming Monday and I would encourage you to attend"

 

The above is a quote from the club statement, can I be as bold as to ask why MST members can book their place in advance when the club seem to want an open fans forum but only trust members are sure of their place, I don't quite think this is in the spirit of what the club are looking for. In my view the pre booking should be knocked on the head, and make it a truly open forum, where it's first come first served, for all well fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
“Now that the overall position with the proposal is clearer, we are keen to engage fully with our fans and encourage full and frank discussion. Leeann Dempster has arranged, after requesting Supporters Trust assistance, an open fans forum for this coming Monday and I would encourage you to attend"

 

The above is a quote from the club statement, can I be as bold as to ask why MST members can book their place in advance when the club seem to want an open fans forum but only trust members are sure of their place, I don't quite think this is in the spirit of what the club are looking for. In my view the pre booking should be knocked on the head, and make it a truly open forum, where it's first come first served, for all well fans

 

Agreed 100% that states Leeann brought the idea to the trust who have put themselves first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuxake does it matter, just go along no matter who does the organising it's a chance to listen and get your point across. This is what Trusts do, be grateful they'll actually doing it instead of knocking it. Clearly states it's for all Well fans, they could just make it a members only affair, that would upset many..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fuxake does it matter, just go along no matter who does the organising it's a chance to listen and get your point across. This is what Trusts do, be grateful they'll actually doing it instead of knocking it. Clearly states it's for all Well fans, they could just make it a members only affair, that would upset many..

 

I'm just curious as to why the MST members get first dabs on the seats, is that too much to ask ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm just curious as to why the MST members get first dabs on the seats, is that too much to ask ?

It's a perk for trust members, or at least to make them think they are getting a perk, knowing the history of attendance of these events* there will be plenty of seats and I doubt anyone would be turned away.

 

* Not a poke at the trust, most events arranged like this are never packed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hope splitting gate receipts is on the table like.

 

nae chance. i'd rather we stood on our own two feet than be subsidised by old firm fans anyway.

 

season ticket sales would collapse as well, it'd be gutting knowing that you were giving 150 quid to motherwell and 13 quid to every other club. it'd also be sickening to see a team like gretna and accies with no fans getting millions from other clubs every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm just curious as to why the MST members get first dabs on the seats, is that too much to ask ?

 

Cos the Trust are organising it, is that too hard too understand?

As Bucs says they're never full and I'm sure the guys will pack them in if there is a massive turnout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nae chance. i'd rather we stood on our own two feet than be subsidised by old firm fans anyway.

 

season ticket sales would collapse as well, it'd be gutting knowing that you were giving 150 quid to motherwell and 13 quid to every other club. it'd also be sickening to see a team like gretna and accies with no fans getting millions from other clubs every year.

 

By going for a 10 we're admitting to being hamstrung to their subsidy anyway.

 

The idea behind sharing gate money is that 'the event' of a league match can only happen because of the existence of the league and all the teams in the league. It was always the way it was until the carve up was made to make the OF even more powerful. 'Football' revenue through the turnstyles is only possible because the league or cup competion is organised and the other teams exist.

 

Admittedly it's seen as old fashioned and idealistic - but things have grown more and more imbalance since the sharing of gates was scrapped. maybe a compromise - and a huge advertising boost for clubs would be to keep a higher percentage of their season book sales for themselves)

 

The fundamental reason for the mismatch of those two will remain. They milk the fact that they are aligned to the two main religions in the land - and kids up and down the country will have that handed down as the reason they support that particular club as opposed to their geographical locatio. (I know there are a host of ways someone supports a team - but no-one can argue that religion (by miles) and location (in 2nd place are the two main factors0

 

If they didn't have their religion - they'd be more Hibs / Hearts size

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cos the Trust are organising it, is that too hard too understand?

As Bucs says they're never full and I'm sure the guys will pack them in if there is a massive turnout.

 

Sorry for having the audicity for questioning the motives of the Uber fans, I really should know my place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×