John Sutton

El Grew

• 6 months later...

still rate him higher than Higdon

The way Higdon is playing I would rather have the almost 58 year old Willie Pettigrew in our team. notworthy.gif

I’m hoping when he gets his first goal for us the floodgates may open. I’m sure it took the likes of Porter a few games before he started banging in the goals. We can but hope!

Hope you're right. Gotta get behind the whole team right now. We've got off to a flyer but it's only going to get harder as each week passes and we need to get the best out of what we have, whether you personally rate some players or not. Like i said earlier, Sutto over Higdon any time but he's not here now and Higdon is. Same for whoever is wearing the jersey on a Saturday.

M.F.C. is what's important.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE !

O.F. GIRFUY !!!

The way Higdon is playing I would rather have the almost 58 year old Willie Pettigrew in our team. notworthy.gif

I’m hoping when he gets his first goal for us the floodgates may open. I’m sure it took the likes of Porter a few games before he started banging in the goals. We can but hope!

Still think his first goal will come from the penalty spot or via a deflection but after that I'm sure some others will follow. I think we will get double figures out of him but it won't be too much above the 10.

Had a few shots on goal today which IIRC he didn't have against ICT or Hearts.

From what McCall has been saying it sounds like Higdon has been suffering from injuries and still a bit behind the rest of the team in fitness.

Haven't seen today's highlights, but in the other games I've seen (albeit on telly) he seems to have put in a decent shift and had some nice touches around the box.

Will take a little time for him to strike up an understanding with his new team mates. Remember the slow start Jutkiewicz got off to, but he turned out OK.

I actually didn't think Higdon was too bad at all. He was clearly getting frustrated as the game went on, but he won a lot of ball and played it into space, but all too often there was no-one running off him. Murphy was MILES away from him at times and if he's not getting the support then it's a waste of time anyone playing that role, regardless of whether it's Higdon or not.

He'd have scored a couple today if the keeper hadn't had such a good game, and if better runs were made off him then we'd have been through on goal 4 or 5 times from his knock on's.

• Like 1

cant agree more Al

anyone with a football brain should know that...........but unfortunately there are too many numpties in the motherwell support

as one of my mates pointed out today, there was a guy behind us who must have been extremely high up and talented within the SFA coaching staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at no point today did any of our 5 midfielders get beyond Higdon - therefore everytime he flicked the ball on, we lost possession ( thats not his fault!!!!)

• Like 1

cant agree more Al

anyone with a football brain should know that...........but unfortunately there are too many numpties in the motherwell support

as one of my mates pointed out today, there was a guy behind us who must have been extremely high up and talented within the SFA coaching staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at no point today did any of our 5 midfielders get beyond Higdon - therefore everytime he flicked the ball on, we lost possession ( thats not his fault!!!!)

Is that the eejit who was abusing Humphrey bye any chance. Muppet.

Big lump of a lad mind you so I didn't fancy telling him he was wrong.

• Like 1

cant agree more Al

Did he at least look as if he knew where a Well player was? The Coo managed a good two seasons of excellent jumping flick ons to... naebody.. Sutton did a good job, but could easily be criticised.

Is that the eejit who was abusing Humphrey bye any chance. Muppet.

Big lump of a lad mind you so I didn't fancy telling him he was wrong.

Took him all of three minutes to label Craigan pish. I don't think anyone at the game yesterday would disagree that Crags was superb!

• Like 1