John Sutton

El Grew

Highly doubt he'd have left us for £2k a week, if we offered him less it wouldn't have been much less. My guess is about 5k a week.

How do you know he just didn't wanna play for Motherwell anymore? A slightly higher wage & a new challenge might have been enough to make him go.

But as i said earlier he didn't look at the colour of the grass on the other side of the fence before he jumped it so fuck him.

Does the same go for McFadden, Clarkson etc.?

Indeed. Interesting to know if the poster applied the same "made your bed" principle to Lasley, Hammell and O'Donnell? Was he against their returns too?

Worth remembering that gilmour, was a fairly vocal critic of Sutton on the boards.

I do agree though that there is almost no chance of any return.

Coming back aye? Even if we wanted him back, and even if he chapped the main door at Fir Park and said "i've made a c**t of it, im sorry....can I come back?" Have I missed the point where we became able to buy players out of a 5 grand a week, 3 year contract? huh.gif

He does have a future now.

ohn Sutton 'still has Hearts future' - Paulo Sergio

Page last updated at 12:20 GMT, Thursday, 15 September 2011 13:20 UK

_55386234_sutton466.jpgSutton scored two goals for Hearts against Aberdeen in his last league startHearts manager Paulo Sergio says John Sutton still has a future at Tynecastle despite not featuring for the Edinburgh side in recent games.

Sergio says the Englishman's style of play is "different" and there are games where Hearts can utilise the bustling forward's talents.

Sutton has not started since the 5-0 hammering by Tottenham Hotspur in Sergio's first game in charge.

He was a late substitute in the following game against Kilmarnock.

However, Sutton was not even on the bench for the return leg against Spurs and the Edinburgh derby against Hibernian before being an unused substitute against Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

The 27-year-old scored twice in his last Scottish Premier League start, a 3-0 win over Aberdeen on 13 August.

Those were his first goals since joining Hearts after his summer departure from Motherwell.

Sutton began his career with Spurs and had loan spells with Carlisle United and Swindon Town before becoming a regular scorer with Raith Rovers.

He was subsequently with Millwall, who farmed him out to Dundee, then St Mirren and Wycombe Wanderers before joining Well in 2008.

More to follow...

• 1 month later...