John Sutton

El Grew

I don't know if anyone else agrees with me but IMO John Sutton is the best professional footballer at our club and a shining example to everyone at the club and to any youngsters.

You never see or hear anything bad about him on or off the field. He never complains whether he's playing in poisition, out of position or on the bench. When he plays he always gives 100% shirks nothing and plays for the jersey. He Added to this is his goals tally some of which have proved to be vital. Just look how much it meant to him yesterday to get the second goal in a (with the greatest respect to Stranraer) cold, miserable, rain-soaked Scottish 3rd division backwater.

I just hope that the club can convince John that his future is with us. ;)

Agreed. 3 year deal should be offered. Not sure if there are many more clubs he can go to as he has been stung a couple of times with his attempts down south. The amount of work he does on and off the ball is impressive. Not to shy to put his fair share of tackles in either when forced to defend.

I don't know if anyone else agrees with me but IMO John Sutton is the best professional footballer at our club and a shining example to everyone at the club and to any youngsters.

You never see or hear anything bad about him on or off the field. He never complains whether he's playing in poisition, out of position or on the bench. When he plays he always gives 100% shirks nothing and plays for the jersey. He Added to this is his goals tally some of which have proved to be vital. Just look how much it meant to him yesterday to get the second goal in a (with the greatest respect to Stranraer) cold, miserable, rain-soaked Scottish 3rd division backwater.

I just hope that the club can convince John that his future is with us. ;)

What they said :O

Agreed. 3 year deal should be offered. Not sure if there are many more clubs he can go to as he has been stung a couple of times with his attempts down south. The amount of work he does on and off the ball is impressive. Not to shy to put his fair share of tackles in either when forced to defend.

When we were in the European qualifing rounds earlier in the season and Sutton was the one doing the interviews and talking to the press it looked like he was maybe being lined up as a future captain for when Craigan retires. Obviously a different manager comes in and McCall might have different ideas, and we have no idea if he'd go for that kind of thing or if he'd even still be here by that time, but he would certainly be deserving of a position like that if he were to stay at the club.

not the most mobile or pacey striker but a top notch target man, strong,great in the air,works like fuck + game as a badger, great strike rate as well, would love to see the big man sign a new contract.

(incidentally,Id love to see both Sutts + Jenno sign new deals and Jenno made club captain with Sutts as vice capt)

Great guy. We met him in Harvey Nics in Edinburgh a couple of years ago and he was very pleasant to talk to. My other half wondered who this big handsome guy I was talking to was and did not take too long to come over for an introduction, She does not attend any games. She wondered how she had not met someone I knew and she had not met before.

This is the first thread I have read where everyone is in agreement. Also if anyone has a comment against the rest of this positive feed back please think again before posting. My son thinks Big John should start every game and calls for his introduction at every opportunity if he is not on from the start.

This is the first thread I have read where everyone is in agreement. Also if anyone has a comment against the rest of this positive feed back please think again before posting. My son thinks Big John should start every game and calls for his introduction at every opportunity if he is not on from the start.

ano its pretty damm rare.we aw agree.

Great guy. We met him in Harvey Nics in Edinburgh a couple of years ago and he was very pleasant to talk to. My other half wondered who this big handsome guy I was talking to was and did not take too long to come over for an introduction, She does not attend any games. She wondered how she had not met someone I knew and she had not met before.

Better keep an eye on yer mrs then eh? :lol:

Aye right. Scoring against Dundee and Stranraer makes him a hero? Get real.

He is too slow to cut it in the SPL and even missed 3 good chances yesterday. I have nothing against the big man but you lot are talking sh1te.

Why do you think the last 4 managers have not relied on him as a striker? Cause he isnae!