When Buying Your First St...

EightSixteen

Okay so I've decided I'm going to buy a season ticket for 2011/2012 so I can get my tickets for the final on Monday.

I've not heard of any planned open day for those looking to become ST holders so I presume I should know the exact seat I'm after before visiting the ticket office?

I've had a look the official website for a seating plan and have only found the seat selector for purchasing tickets for the Rangers and Killie match which has helped a little but will the girls in the Ticket Office show me a more accurate plan of available seats when I'm in?

I'm anxious to get this right. It's alot of money and I don't want to balls it up. If anyone can answer these questions or shed anymore light on this I'd really appreciate the help.

Mate, so long as you go in with an idea of what stand you want to sit in, the girls will be able to advise you what sections are where.

Unless you are a behind the goal type guy, I'd recommend either the East or The Phil O'Donnell, and as close to the middle of the park as possible. Where I sit is 8 row's back directly behind the home dugout. Get good views from there, and you never really have to queue any length of time to get in or out or to get fed and watered at half time.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

If you're only looking for a single seat it shouldn't be too difficult. However, you'll find most of the best seats have been taken. If opting for the East or POD Stand, be careful that there are no pillars obscuring your view. I've been caught like that before.

• Like 1

Mate, so long as you go in with an idea of what stand you want to sit in, the girls will be able to advise you what sections are where.

Unless you are a behind the goal type guy, I'd recommend either the East or The Phil O'Donnell, and as close to the middle of the park as possible. Where I sit is 8 row's back directly behind the home dugout. Get good views from there, and you never really have to queue any length of time to get in or out or to get fed and watered at half time.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Gaag, a POD ST would take me over my budget. I'll be buying a ST for the East Stand + 4 cup final tickets so that pretty much destroys the disposable income I had to last me to pay day. Relieved to hear you say that the girls will give a bit of guidance on this though. Thanks mate.

If you're only looking for a single seat it shouldn't be too difficult. However, you'll find most of the best seats have been taken. If opting for the East or POD Stand, be careful that there are no pillars obscuring your view. I've been caught like that before.

That's a fair point about the pillars. I used to have a ST for the second last section of the East - best part of the ground IMO but that fucking pillar obliterated the 18yd line.

A great point actually, I've only been to one home game and I did have a pillar blocking my view at one point but it wasn't really in a crucial area so I put it out of my mind ans seriously hadn't considered it when looking at the seat selector online.

I think I best get in early tomorrow and have a scope for a decent seat without any pillars in the way of the game. Thanks guys.

Same as me in section C of the East, pillar had me bobbing about like a mongoose on acid.

Be aware in the winter when the sun is lower in the sky, a number of games will be affected by setting sun's glare, so baseball cap or sunglasses required unless you sit further back and the roof helps with that particular problem or don't mind saluting the POD stand for 30 minutes.

• Like 1

Theres a good few seats empty where me and my mate have seats, which is section c of the east stand, view is rarely obstructed and close enought to the half way line that you get a decent view both halfs. I'm also in the second row up the top (row r) which is a good idea for a quick exit at full time and for dipping out to grab a pie at HT; also keeps you well clear of the wind and rain on nights when its pure pishing it doon.

• Like 1

Same as me in section C of the East, pillar had me bobbing about like a mongoose on acid.

Be aware in the winter when the sun is lower in the sky, a number of games will be affected by setting sun's glare, so baseball cap or sunglasses required unless you sit further back and the roof helps with that particular problem or don't mind saluting the POD stand for 30 minutes.

That's a great point mate, that's going to settle it for me tbh.

I was sitting in the back row during the Dundee game and my view was good overall. I had been considering trying to get closer to the pitch but I'm a far from being a lover of sun, sunglasses or hats.

Theres a good few seats empty where me and my mate have seats, which is section c of the east stand, view is rarely obstructed and close enought to the half way line that you get a decent view both halfs. I'm also in the second row up the top (row r) which is a good idea for a quick exit at full time and for dipping out to grab a pie at HT; also keeps you well clear of the wind and rain on nights when its pure pishing it doon.

Following that up, Row S in the East is prime real estate. You don't get any flak for standing up and you can dive through the railings to go for a pish/ get a pie/ leave.

Truth be told as a big lad (6'4") I'll probably be more comfortable up in the back row anyway. I'll be less concious of spoiling some poor sod's view and more focused on the game itself.

I'm outta positive rep for today guys -I'll get it to you tomorrow though.

Thanks for all the comments and responses, that pretty much settles it for me. :thumbup:

Following that up, Row S in the East is prime real estate. You don't get any flak for standing up and you can dive through the railings to go for a pish/ get a pie/ leave.

Aye row s if you can get it would be the baws. Sadly at the time we could'nt get 2 seats together on the back row, if you could get row s near the middle of the east you'd never give that seat up though.

No chance of a back row (S) seat unless its near the Cooper, every one in pretty much B, M, F, C, D and E has been held since the East was made all seater by more or less the same people.

Being 6'4" the layout and spacing of the Cooper will give you the most comfortable experience. I'm 6'1" and I find it tight in the East.

Either the Cooper or the directors box :)

• Like 1

The Cooper is out of the question for me, I need to be relatively central to the halfway line to be able to see both ends of the pitch and I can't afford a POD seat just now so it's got to be the East. There's a few seats in the row 'S' but not in section C.

I think I'll be looking at row 'S' of sections B & E but trying to get as close to the halfway line as I can.

I'm not quite sure if it's the same now, but when I had a season ticket for the east a few years back I would tend to sit with my mates during games that didn't involve the Old Firm, which meant pretty much wherever suited on the day.

Two of us had season tickets then, and if it was only the two of us we would sit in our allocated seats, and if more mates were there then we'd sit wherever. Sometimes we'd even switch ends at half time to follow where Motherwell were shooting.

• Like 1

Be aware in the winter when the sun is lower in the sky, a number of games will be affected by setting sun's glare, so baseball cap or sunglasses required..

Baseball cap? What ever happened to just using your programme to shield you eyes? Or is that no' cool any more?