Jump to content

wellsince75

Legends
  • Posts

    2,570
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    17

Everything posted by wellsince75

  1. McGinley does need a string of games - preferably in the position we signed him to play, He's either a centre back or left back. Not seen many signs that he's any use but that could change with a run in the same position. As for Mugabi - whilst improved , personal view is he's a liability . I don't think he's good enough.
  2. I like home grown players. I've only really seen MaGuire a few times and he looked slow as a centre half. My frustration with Robbo is he thinks well let's see if he can play in another position and make it work. It rarely works. We should have let him go last season. We're only now considering him due to very poor transfer window .
  3. we'd all love Aldred back. Carroll was ok defensively but also gave us options moving forward. Dunne is done. Nice fella but can't see him kicking a ball again.
  4. spot on YTS. Complete agree with the tippy tappy giving teams too much time to shape. My biggest worry is there's no one who'll come back from injury that will make much difference. Carrol is a decent left back , Donnelly might help as the holding midfield player but in the round can't see it being a game changer. We look like a team who's run out of idea's and our gaffer sounds like a man who's run out of ideas.
  5. Ha - I was thinking this last night. I'm reasonably convinced O'Donnell is a good standard for our team. I don't believe having a back 5 or him being some pseudo right mid works though. I'm a fan of 4 at the back , 2 wing backs and 2 in the centre. I think we'd see a more settled defence, including ODonnell and Gallagher. The other spots are up for debate.
  6. completely agree - I had high expectations for O'Donnell. I had thought moving to a back 4 would see both wing backs push up but it's not happening. There's was acres of space on that pitch tonight and we really didn't use it.
  7. He's poor. Tom Aldred feels like a long time ago.
  8. Agree - Watt was excellent, got involved and able to draw free kicks.
  9. I thought Grimmy did reasonably well. Sadly our squad isn't getting stronger , too many players aren't good enough as has been the case all season. Irrespective of poor defending we don't create chances.
  10. I thought pre season things were looking well but with the loss of Turnbull and the complete average Jo's this is a hard hard season. Campbell, Watt, Carson are the players with passmarks so far this season .
  11. he has been dreadful - absolutely dreadful
  12. sadly we lack quality - lots of players who work hard but little creativity. Can't remember working their keeper or their defence.
  13. shame we don't have decent wide players - this team were there for the taking.
  14. so naive - pressed the self destruct button
  15. get subs on - get long off - he's offered hee haw
  16. can't see 11 men staying on the park at the end of this one.
  17. that could have been a pen for them. we need to stop trying to tackle wrong side of the man
  18. what a joke - can't believe he only got a yellow
  19. we need to stop giving away stupid free kicks.
  20. I thought it was Gallagher but either way it was too easy. Overall we're growing into this game.
  21. We should have let maguire leave - he’s been around for long enough and if he was good enough as either a central defender or midfielder he’d have been in the team and stayed there . Worried that we have a lot of very average jo’s on the books who aren’t good enough . Fingers crossed Crawford is better than having a grimmy or maguire
  22. hope this means we can go 4-4-2. Carson ODonnell Gallagher. Mugabi /Lamie McGinley Crawford Polworth. Campbell Ohara Long / Lang or Watt
  23. he deserves his move - now is a good time for him to continue his growth. Not sure he'll learn much more at FP.
  24. cracking post - you've nailed a lot of the key issues. I genuinely believe we've lost the plot , there is no game plan and that comes from the manager. I couldn't believe his comments ,stating last night is tough place to come - what ? a semi pro team, who's season hasn't started yet !. We lost it completely after 20 mins. We have a decent bunch of pros and very decent midfield players - if we start playing through our midfield and bolster it to at least 4 players (who are actually midfield players) we'll be fine.
  25. The issue for me is 1) formation 2) approach to the game. Not a fan of 5-3-2 - maybe against old firm but not against lower quality teams. Our tactics are defence pass to one other - tap tap tap and then hoof it up. We completely by pass the midfield and because we've don'e the tap tap tap thing the opposition have man marked everyone and there's no space to play. As you mention we have good players but we are not a teams.
×
×
  • Create New...