Too many just slightly off it today. Girdwood-Reich's passing has been poor, Sparrow has worked hard but been poor, Said is nowhere near his usual standard and unfortunately Charles-Cook and JT have been their usual standard.
I agree with you about us having nothing up front and we were the same all last season but got away with it because our midfielders chipped in with goals and Maswanhise had that mad purple patch up until he went to AFCON.
Maybe AJ saw the attackers that JBA had signed last season and then Vogts (who was apparently a JBA signing) and thought I cant trust anybody thats on that list and so decided to rip it up and start again.
I'm only half joking with that because it feels wrong to say that Jens wasnt absolutely perfect but the forwards he signed haven't exactly ripped it up. (I dont count Just and Said as forwards by the way for avoidance of any doubt)
I would rather wait until we get the right players that fit the system. Unfortunately we've been dealt a really bad injury list too which has meant we have had to throw in young guys who aren't really ready yet.
I'm sure AJ knows they aren't ready yet but he can hardly come out and say this in public when he knows he has to rely on them in order to rest the first eleven when he needs to.
If the rumours about Priestman being out for a while too are right then thats another hammer blow but may have been due to how many games hes had to play so early in the season.
I totally understand that frustration however I was much more raging last year when we lost to Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup when Jens rotated the team because the only team that were left in it that we wouldn't have been favourites against were Celtic and even then I would have fancied us last season.
We have basically got a full team out injured already and are having to play on a Thursday then Sunday so I totally get why we would rest players anyway never mind playing on that abomination of a pitch.
Can you imagine how raging everyone would be if Said or Longelo ended up getting bad injuries that then puts them out of league games too.
I think everyone is getting a bit bent out of shape because of the European game coming up and thinking we are resting players for that. There's guys there that need rested for the league games which like it or not are the main priority for a team the size of ours in the eyes of coaches and the board.
I dont think we would have won the league cup either had we stayed in.
We're not going to get through in Europe either I'd like to add but if you had offered we the win against Helsinki or this game I'd have taken the Helsinki win.
I had heard it was a done deal when the news of the Toulouse interest was broken but Motherwell wanted to publicly deny it so as not to derail the last game of the season
Slattery, just for making every St.Mirren fan's head explode.
Obviously cant really condone what he did but seeing as it had no bearing on the result and it was against that mob, it was a good laugh.
Well we've been saying all season we were due to give somebody an absolute seeing to.
I am absolutely gutted and heartbroken that St.Mirren were the poor unfortunate souls who happened to have the honour.
Absolutely gutted