Semi Final Tickets

Paisley Steelman

Dave - is there any reason in particular why you want to sit in there? The view? Facilities?

Not really - force of habit I suppose. Maybe ease of access from bus/car parking too. A few of us prefer to sit on the halfway line but we could also do that in the South Stand.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never, ever been a fan of Hampden, best seats are the upper south stand, I was up there when we beat Ukraine 3-1, right on the halfway line. Anywhere near the fron is shite and anywhere behind the goals is shite too.

I like Hampden. I've been a part of some wonderful atmosphere's in there but

but I do concede that it needs a certain amount of bodies in it for it to come to life as it truly can.

Curiously though one of my least enjoyable Hampden experiences was in that South Stand upper you speak of (Norway when Faddy got sent off) and one of the best was about two rows from the front of the North Stand when we beat France.

But yeah there large swathes of the ground I would try to avoid unless availability dictates otherwise.

The hotspots for us at Scotland home games would either be the North Stand centre, wings of the North Stand as long as you aren't down the front at the corner flags or behind the goals, midway between the goals and the corners (Section B - wank, wank wank) usually halfway up. When booking Scotland tickets you generally get the choice front, middle or back. Not so sure that choice will be available when it comes to our Semi though.

Spoke to the girl in the ticket today, says around 2500!

I believe her because she is tasty lol.

As far as I can find the lowest attendance for a Scottish Cup Semi on a Saturday was Dundee v Gretna, which had 14,179 fans inside Hampden. Saying that the lowest I can find out was Hibernian v Dunfermline in a Scottish Cup semi replay at Hampden on a Wednesday night - 8,536

Got a ticket in the North, hopefully not too far away from my SSC seat - and a seat on one of the buses!

Slightly off topic but I see that Jamie Murphy was voted player of the round for the quarter finals.

Motherwell striker Jamie Murphy has been voted Player of the Round for the quarter-finals by fans of the Scottish Cup Facebook page.

Murphy, who scored in Motherwell's 3-0 win over Dundee United in their quarter-final replay, won the award with 34% of the votes.

Motherwell will take on St. Johnstone in the semi-finals of the competition next week.