Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

remind me of the said debacle?

I reckon “the debacle” was down to asking fans to fork out for a replay, when the general consensus was probably that the first game should have been played to a finish.

Game 1 att: 25,336

Game 2 att: 8,500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ftlSzAtPY

I reckon "the debacle" was down to asking fans to fork out for a replay, when the general consensus was probably that the first game should have been played to a finish.

Game 1 att: 25,336

Game 2 att: 8,500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ftlSzAtPY

Fair drop in attendance (2/3 less) as you'd expect

Replay

24 April 2007

Dunfermline Athletic 1 – 0 Hibernian Hampden Park, Glasgow

Attendance: 8,536

Referee: Craig Thomson

Thats an important score to remember for those jumping the gun and talking about the final.

Hibs had won the CIS cup that year already and this was their 3rd Scottish cup semi in as many years. While Dunfermline were heading for the first division and not scoring very many goals.

I wonder how many Hibs fans had their eye on the final before that replay?

• Like 2

I think at the moment there's been about 7,000 sold (according to @MotherwellFC on twitter)

Imagine if Celtic's strange form over the past few weeks allowed them to get beat by Aberdeen on Sunday...then we win Saturday, and we have a 'Well vs. Aberdeen final. That would be beautiful...and less of an insurmountable task if and when we get to the final!

i felt fairly confident at the beginning of the week, however the closer sat. gets the less confident i feel about the mighty well winning in normal time. i really hope the right well team turn up on the day & do us fans proud. i,ll be there cheering them on anyways :notworthy:

I wouldn't call 9 wins and 1 defeat (to usbiggrin.gif) all that strange. In fact, if I was the manager I would be feeling pretty happy.

One of those wins was St Mirren....who did pretty well and nearly held them to a draw! Celtic were not good that day, and another was the 1-0 with St Johnstone. They haven't been the same since we surprised them I reckon!

One of those wins was St Mirren....who did pretty well and nearly held them to a draw! Celtic were not good that day, and another was the 1-0 with St Johnstone.

A bit of a cliche, but some would say that is the sort of form that wins you titles. (e.g: Play badly but still manage to grind out a result). 3 points are 3 points, no matter what spin you put on it.

We have got to be confident of a win, St Johnstone like ourselves will fancy there chances of victory,

As for the team, i would still leave Craggs on the bench. No time like the present to blood the youngsters already proving there worth in the big games, if it all goes a little panicky later in the second half bring Craggs on to calm it down a bit.

Daz

Hateley

Hutchinson

Gunning

Hamell

Humphrey/ Jennings/Lasley/Murphy

Jeffers/ Sutton

Attacking team will be rewarded, start fast and attack from the off.

Come on Motherwell, you can do it!

We have got to be confident of a win, St Johnstone like ourselves will fancy there chances of victory,

As for the team, i would still leave Craggs on the bench. No time like the present to blood the youngsters already proving there worth in the big games, if it all goes a little panicky later in the second half bring Craggs on to calm it down a bit.

Daz

Hateley

Hutchinson

Gunning

Hamell

Humphrey/ Jennings/Lasley/Murphy

Jeffers/ Sutton

Attacking team will be rewarded, start fast and attack from the off.

Come on Motherwell, you can do it!

Yeah that's probably the team I would have picked - Murphy and Humphrey coming up along the lines as much as possible. Get the early goal in like Sutton has been doing a lot recently, and get the confidence high so we're not getting towards half time and under pressure to make something happen.

My team...

Randolph

Saunders

Craigan

Hutchy

Hammell

Humphrey

Lasley

Jennings

Murphy

Jeffers

GazzyB

Subs - usual suspects.

All going well I think that team can win the game. If for some reason the gaffer doesn't give me the nod then I'd put Sutton in there instead.

Either way, I hope to fuck we can do it!