Attention Ex-Pats And 'well Fans Abroad

Yabba's Turd

Yabba,

Nice one! :cheers:

Not sure where I'll be- could be onsite in Tianjin; which would mean a hotel stream and maybe a blocked ISP. :wallbash:

If I'm home in Shanghai, I know a pub that has a proxy, which I think is reasonable speed, though I will check beforehand.

Hey, I've maybe got myself deported in writing that..... :doh:

That means, I make the game after all..... :lol:

Was a real chance I could be in Warrington office w/c 16th May; doubtful now as project has slipped.

Great gesture, anyway mate. :drinks:

Any chance of an avi/mpg file of Sutton's goal somewhere? E-mail or a file share? Chancing it, I know.....

The BBC clocks my IP address and Youtube seriously banned over here.

Cheers

SD

Yabba,

Not sure where I'll be- could be onsite in Tianjin; which would mean a hotel stream and maybe a blocked ISP. :wallbash:

If I'm home in Shanghai, I know a pub that has a proxy, which I think is reasonable speed, though I will check beforehand.

Was a real chance I could be in Warrington office w/c 16th May; doubtful now as project has slipped.

Any chance of an avi/mpg file of Sutton's goal somewhere? E-mail or a file share? Chancing it, I know.....

Cheers

SD

Buy a private VPN about a £5 per month. All offices and most Western hotels will allow a VPN connection and you can get all the UK TV and youtube you need. Of course it'll be blocked in Chinese hotels and maybe your apartment.

Do you know Declan? runs the Blarney and Sasha's I'm sure he'll be able to suggest a suitable viewing establishment, or come over here for the weekend if your not back home and the 4 of us can huddle round a laptop with some 12p beers drinks.gif

Guys,

Thanks for the advice, though the bandwidth has seriously deteriorated here since it all kicked off in the Middle East......

CN authorities turn a blind-ish eye to commercial premises doing proxies. In their interests and in the 'big picture'. What I can access in a pub is not the reason they banned YT in the first instance.

Adult sites are no longer blocked; seriously. Since January, BB has directed his attention elsewhere.....

I've just watched Yabba's SF highlights in the protected forum and it has taken 15 minutes for 7 minutes of feed.

I just have to accept the situation, else take the laptop to Hong King. (Or, better still, visit Mr & Mrs Harrow) :cheers:

It's the system.

To be truthful, I didn't come here to watch the internet...... :whistling:

But, thanks again!

SD

get yer bum's over and we can have a pint :drinks:

I've resolved only to attend Motherwell games with 10 or less Dossers. whistling.gif

Anything else is just glory hunting!!!

Also, too many bad people not wearing colours following Motherwell these days, there not real fans - just look at that Albo 10, not a piece of Claret and Amber between them, scum evilgrin.gif

Anyway, half the Albo 10 are in Asia know, when you coming?

I've resolved only to attend Motherwell games with 10 or less Dossers. whistling.gif

Anything else is just glory hunting!!!

Also, too many bad people not wearing colours following Motherwell these days, there not real fans - just look at that Albo 10, not a piece of Claret and Amber between them, scum evilgrin.gif

Anyway, half the Albo 10 are in Asia know, when you coming?

:lol:

hope tae fuck we get moscow if we make europe

4hr flight straight in from here :cheers:

Yabba,

Cheers

SD

Hi Dave. I have a paid UK proxy through Foxy Proxy, costs about $11.00 Canadian a month which I subscribe to only during the football season. I am certain you know about proxy servers so I won't bore you with the limited knowledge I have but will say it works great because I get all the BBC Sportscene highlights and of course all game commentary and the odd BBC Scotland live game. Just something you might consider, if you have not already, which I expect you have.

Having been at the '91 final i know how special it is & wish i could be there but unfortunately funds won't allow that. (Cheapest airfare $2000) But as long as i can watch a stream where we score early & hang on with Lennon get closer & closer to exploding i'll b happy.

Hi Dave. I have a paid UK proxy through Foxy Proxy, costs about 7.53€ Canadian a month which I subscribe to only during the football season. I am certain you know about proxy servers so I won't bore you with the limited knowledge I have but will say it works great because I get all the BBC Sportscene highlights and of course all game commentary and the odd BBC Scotland live game. Just something you might consider, if you have not already, which I expect you have.

The proxies isn't the porblem out here, I've got one and I'm sure Kenny has as well. Its the government restrictions in Communist countries. Right now I cannot access anything to do with the BBC in Vietnam, but can access nearly every other news website. And via my proxy I can access anything (for now).

However in China they are even more strict and proxies are usually blocked apart from in 'special' places usually connected to business.

And in China they are more random in their blocking, they've blocked Skype, Linkedin, Google, BBC, dropbox and many other services on a whim for them to retrun a few days earlier. Usually sparked by a news article they don't like, or some freedom of speech issues.

Living and working in Vietnam/China does make following Motherwell an interesting challenge.

• 3 weeks later...

For those abroad not traveling to the final there will be a live stream available on the day of the final. Details nearer the time but most probably via the nsfw section in compost corner.

Is there anything happening with this. Was advised it would appear in the Cup final section, but nothing so far?

Having been at the '91 final i know how special it is & wish i could be there but unfortunately funds won't allow that. (Cheapest airfare $2000) But as long as i can watch a stream where we score early & hang on with Lennon get closer & closer to exploding i'll b happy.

Got the beer in Ian?