Dundee United Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Heard the other day St.Mirren have a psychologist in to help the players out in their fight for survival.... We have done it in the past too, our situation is the complete opposite, why not bring someone in for the last few games to get the players firing on all cylinders and mentally sharp.

Those highlights are a difficult watch and I knew what to expect after being at Tannadice on Saturday. Not often you see a 'perfect hatrick' (last one involving Motherwell was again the oppostion when Peter MacDonald scored all three at Fir Park on Boxing Day 2009 if memory serves me correctly) but could the second and third have been ANY easier for Daly? Header was not a bad finish (at the game I couldn't really figure out what had happened) but shouldn't have been a goal. The fourth goal is one of the worst I have seen us conceede in a long, long, time.

Here is a story for any of the players who were on the pitch for Motherwell at Tannadice.

My nine year old and I attend every game apart from Aberdeen and Inverness ( round trip just too far for a nine year old ).He plays for a local under 10s team every Saturday and kicks off either at 10 or 12. For some of Motherwells early kick offs he sacrifices his own game to go to watch Motherwell. On Saturday his game kicked off at 12 and finished at 1pm; he was going to ask his coach if he could just play the first half and leave at half time but I told him that was not a good idea and we would go as fast as we could up to Dundee and maybe only miss a little of the game. We left at 1 and managed to arrive with time to spare paying £30+ for entry and then £10 for food add on the petrol cost which going at a fairly "brisk" speed was not too little.

Please be aware that our fans have all got stories like this and we put in a lot of effort and money to support our team. I just thought it might carry more weight with an actul story rather than a general moan.

Next time you run out remember some of the above and do it for us.

well said funkspex. at present it appears that the fans are putting in more time & effort than some? of the players. i really hope we see a much improved team with attitude on wed night, esp as it is our last home game of the season :rolleyes: