Dundee United Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

There's no better way to put the Rangers behind us than to look forward to the match with United next week.

The main positive to be taken from todays football is that Killie dropped two points at home to Hearts, which keeps us in the running for 5th.

We've got Dundee United away next, whilst Killie face Celtic, so I fully expect them to take nothing from the game, whilst we could realistically hope for a point at least.

That would see us two points behind Killie by the time we meet at Fir Park. A win there sees us leapfrog them into 5th.

Last game of the season sees us more than likely lose to Celtic, whilst Killie will likely lose to Rangers.

5th place cemented :thumbup:

It would be nice to see more people turn up to these games.

I was disappointed by the motherwell turn out today.

The club really do need to try harder and promote every home game instead of relying on the regulars.

i bet half of the people moaning about our allocation for the final didn't even turn up today. :blink:

It would be nice to see more people turn up to these games.

I was disappointed by the motherwell turn out today.

The club really do need to try harder and promote every home game instead of relying on the regulars.

i bet half of the people moaning about our allocation for the final didn't even turn up today. :blink:

Can't make this next week due to work, hope we can nick a point or three anyway ;)

I think everyone has there eye on the final, the last few match threads haven't been as busy Pre Match. I won tickets on the cb football website so will be in attendance. Looking forward to the game. Fancy us to sneak a win 2-1. Sutton and Jeffers. I would imagine big hutch will be restored to defence and perhaps Humphrey back after his injury.

This is an important game. 8 goals lost in our last two games. We need to be tight at the back or the confidence will be shattered and we could end up shipping a barrel load by the final.

We do have an excellent record this season against DU, but have not beaten them on their patch.

I am going for a draw.

As I mentioned in the original post, a draw tomorrow coupled with Killie taking nothing from their game with Celtic would see us playing them midweek at home to jump into 5th spot.

This game is important if you consider finishing 5th to be worth something.

Since Dundee Utd want to finish 4th and get a european spot they will kick lumps out of us ( even more so than ususal ) so that our players are littered with injuries for the final or suspended. then they will lie down to Rangers to help them win the league, hopnig that celtic will beat us in the final.

am I paranoid?

It looks like Hammell is out, and Humphrey is a doubt.

McCall has also said he's already looking forward to the cup final, which is fair enough, but we still have games to win and a chance at finishing 5th.

"I will rest two or three players. A lot of them have played 45 to 50 games and I think against Rangers last week a lot of them did look leg weary in the second half.

"We'll look to freshen things up so, when it comes to the final, we're refreshed, raring to go, with everyone fit and ready to play.

"My main focus is winning the Scottish Cup final and, between now and then, we'll be looking to do everything to do that.

"They will be looking at revenge. We managed to put in a terrific performance in the cup and get 2-2 and get them back here."

on holiday in the south of Wales this weekend so I won't make it to the game as it's going to piss down this afternoon I may be able to persuade my other half to chill out in front of a log fire reading her book while I tune into the game :evilgrin:

anyway going to be a interesting game but I'm going for 1-1 draw

Reading between the lines I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Hollis, Page, Forbes and McHugh to get a start today. It would do no harm to rest a few lads as the next few weeks are vital for us. We don't want our potential match-winners to be carrying wee knocks or be jaded going into the Cup Final, plus a few of the fringe players wil be battling for one of only 5 subs places at Hampden.

That should be motivation enough for the team today, and I feel we're capable of taking a point even with a few changes.