Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock Discussion Thread

AndyRoss

Result? Don't care really..

Performance? It was poor, but we as fans have our minds elsewhere, do we really expect the players to be different?

Only concern would be the possibility that Randolph is injured. As someone at the game said, the one player we cannot afford to lose...

• Like 2

Tonights game was just another run out to get out of the way. It seems to me that the players have been up for the cups, more than the league this season. Perhaps, the bonus money is better and because alot of them reckon or know they wont be here next season.

Where was Murphy?

Result? Don't care really..

Performance? It was poor, but we as fans have our minds elsewhere, do we really expect the players to be different?

Only concern would be the possibility that Randolph is injured. As someone at the game said, the one player we cannot afford to lose...

when I was up for my ticket on Mon Randolph came back from training with Hately and Gunning. The chat was he had a wee strain then. I'd be tempted to rest him at the weekend, though that might not do the defence much good playing with a keeper they've never played with behind them.

As for tonights game it was decent in spells but rank at other points.

EDIT: should have said last Monday

Siebsbarmyarmy sums it up for me.

Lap of honour was embarrassing, not a smile amongst them. Hutchison, saunders jennings and humphrey bickering during the game. It's one thing not to go tearing into tackles but no running, chasing etc is really strange.

I'd send out a team of boys at parkhead to be honest.

I am actually dreading the cup final now. Absolutely pish. At least there won't be as far to fall now at least.

Lap of honour was embarrassing, not a smile amongst them. Hutchison, saunders jennings and humphrey bickering during the game. It's one thing not to go tearing into tackles but no running, chasing etc is really strange.

I am actually dreading the cup final now. Absolutely pish. At least there won't be as far to fall now at least.

I have been looking forward to the Cup Final with a wee bit of optimism until watching that performance tonight.

I fear a repeat of the CIS Cup Final 2005.

I hope Stuart McCall has some magic wand or masterplan for the final because on that showing tonight we are on to a hammering.

:doh:

it was a typical end of season piss poor game we looked totally flat again my biggest worry is will the players be able to lift there performance and get there head into gear when they take to the field at hampden

Randolph clearly had a problem so why keep him on?? It was really a nothing game so get Hollis on. Just after the brek Jennings was giving the bench pelters shouting to get Randolph off as he quite clearly couldnt kick the ball comfortably. In his finest scouse accent " Get eem fooking off, he cant kick right" :D

The cups a one off game. If they cant get themselves up for it and to play the game off there life they shouldnt be playing football. 21st will take care of itself. :drinks:

Just in from that.

Lucky to escape with a point tonight in my opinion, really offered very little going forward, missing Murphy badly, Sutton far to isolated up front on his own. The team looked very disjointed and did not appear to me as if they enjoyed playing the 4-5-1 formation again. Also Randolph unable to take his bye kicks so clearly carrying and injury and Humphrey looked in the 2nd half as if he was struggling aswell.

Dont know what it was but even at the end when the players were doing there lap of honour there was hardly a smile amongst them. They all look really down. Our goal was a massive defelction and there goal was far far too easy. Celtic on form will tear us a new one on Sunday and also in the final.

Best performer tonight I would say was Craggs, hardly put a foot wrong. Thougfht our midfield trio of jennings, Hately and Lasley where all pretty poor, Las the best of a bad bunch.All in all pretty disappointing last game at home, typical turgid nothing to play for pish, unless you count pride and a place in the biggest Cup Competition in the Country. That obviously doesnt matter to them.

Bits in bold are spot on for me.

Hollis to start v Celtic, you think? Let Randolph rest before the final. Of course, him not taking bye's might be a red herring...

Was thinking the same thing. Resting our best player without being labelled cheats if it goes the shape of the pear at Rugby Park for Wattie and co.

Randolph clearly had a problem so why keep him on?? It was really a nothing game so get Hollis on. Just after the brek Jennings was giving the bench pelters shouting to get Randolph off as he quite clearly couldnt kick the ball comfortably. In his finest scouse accent " Get eem fooking off, he cant kick right" :D

The cups a one off game. If they cant get themselves up for it and to play the game off there life they shouldnt be playing football. 21st will take care of itself. :drinks:

Couldn't make it out myself. McCall did/said heehaw in return.

Tonights game was just another run out to get out of the way. It seems to me that the players have been up for the cups, more than the league this season. Perhaps, the bonus money is better and because alot of them reckon or know they wont be here next season.

Where was Murphy?

Up the back of the Cooper Stand on his Twitter.

Still no goals at either of the other SPL venues tonight... BUT we do have a Twitter prediction from Motherwell's Jamie Murphy - who is not playing: "Watchin from the back of the Cooper tonight view is very different! Tom Hateley first goal!"

Outplayed, outfought and outsung for long spells in the match ,Killie at times were taking the piss out off us, but not to worry it will be all right come the final as everyone says. :whistling:

what? killie didn't get a kick for the first 20 minutes and we had a couple of decent spells in the second half and had the chance to win the game with saunders' header.

it was a decent enough game with both teams playing the ball on the deck without much bite. if jenno's goal had been given i think we would have ran away with it.

For fucks sake is there no end to the things that people will find to moan about ?

Yeah it wasn't pretty freeflowing football instead it was a fairly typical end of season match with many players being cautious over the risk of injury and missing the Final.

The Lap of honour with the Scottish Cup will be better ! Believe !:yahoo:

To be honest, I thought we popped the ball around really nicely tonight! No urgency about our play whatsoever, but there never was going to be.

There was a shocking amount of "if your not looking to try and score every single time you have the ball, then it's pish", and "if you pass the ball back the way it's shite" type-mentality going on around me.

Thought Killie were chasing shadows for most of the first half, we passed and moved really well! Contrary to earlier posters I thought Hateley had a more than decent game!

• Like 2

To be honest, I thought we popped the ball around really nicely tonight! No urgency about our play whatsoever, but there never was going to be.

There was a shocking amount of "if your not looking to try and score every single time you have the ball, then it's pish", and "if you pass the ball back the way it's shite" type-mentality going on around me.

Thought Killie were chasing shadows for most of the first half, we passed and moved really well! Contrary to earlier posters I thought Hateley had a more than decent game!

Why do I get the feeling I've seen you post the exact same post before? tongue.gif

We played well in the first half although faded out of it for spells in the second. I can see what you mean as there was some nice passing going on, just not an awful lot in the way of forward movement. I thought Hateley played reasonably well although did tend to lose the ball a lot (although a fair few times it was because it was zipped to him under pressure and he couldn't control it/didn't get a "man on!").

I did think that Craigan had a good game tonight. Despite what some say about him, I'm much more confident when we have Craigan in the defence with Hutch/Gunny than the combo of the 2 youngsters. I just think they need the experience to help talk them through the game.

Jeffers made some absolutely superb runs off the ball. On another day and with a little more urgency he'd have been found with a number of passes and caused all sorts of problems. Hope he stays fit for the final as I think he'll be a huge asset for it.

it was a typical end of season piss poor game we looked totally flat again my biggest worry is will the players be able to lift there performance and get there head into gear when they take to the field at hampden

Typical? remember what happened last year? Well the last 20 minutes anyways

But u see Your point it was a shite performance and that's being nice

To be fair, although I'm never happy to see my team take their foot off the pedal somewhat, it has to be said that in past seasons the teams who come into the top six split with basically nothing to play for usually drop their performance levels for the last few games.

If we had been challenging for a European spot like we have in the past I'm sure it would have been different.

I'm not excusing the performances though, as there are people who have paid good money to come and watch the team, and they deserve the effort.

I thought we started really well, pressing Killie high up the pitch and deservedly going in front. After the first 20 minutes they came back into things, but if Jenno's goal had stood then I reckon we'd have won reasonably comfortably.

Early second half they dominated and deservedly scored, but for the rest of the half it was even, with both sides having spells going forward.

Not too disappointed, at least we ended the losing run. I do foresee a defeat on Sunday with a weakened side, but I have no fears about the team being ready for Hampden.

I thought we started really well, pressing Killie high up the pitch and deservedly going in front. After the first 20 minutes they came back into things, but if Jenno's goal had stood then I reckon we'd have won reasonably comfortably.

Early second half they dominated and deservedly scored, but for the rest of the half it was even, with both sides having spells going forward.

Not too disappointed, at least we ended the losing run. I do foresee a defeat on Sunday with a weakened side, but I have no fears about the team being ready for Hampden.

Pretty much agree with Yir on last night. We played well in spells and killie played well in spells. Credit to Mixu but he had put together a really strong team. Eremenko is reputedly on £20k per week with Mhetalist whatever...they also have ex AC Milan and Udinese players. Christ knows how they did it, but they have been one of the better teams this year, hence why they finished above us in the league.

As to pointers for the Cup Final. It is not rocket science. If Celtic are on top form, then regardless what we do they will probably win. At the very least we need to be on top form to make a contest out of the game. We also need a little bit of luck and a strong referee. If we get neither and don't perform then it will be a comfortable victory for Celtic. Shame but no getting away from it. IMHO they need to have an off day and that has happened a couple of times of late....