Lanarkshire's Premier Team

mfcmainstand

I wish they stayed up. dry.gif

They probably could have if it wasn't for Billy Reid's negative tactics. I'm glad there gone to be honest, but would have rather seen St Midden or Aberdeen go before them. Wish I sampled the Derby's some of the older posters enjoyed back in the day.

Will be glad to see the back of them and their poor attendances. Dunfermline should bring a decent crowd to their games, the raith v pars decider had 11,000, amazing for a first division game!

They probably could have if it wasn't for Billy Reid's negative tactics. I'm glad there gone to be honest, but would have rather seen St Midden or Aberdeen go before them. Wish I sampled the Derby's some of the older posters enjoyed back in the day.

I welcomed the return of a derby affair but the reality is there was nothing in the games resembling the old fashioned matches I recall and hoped we might be able to look forward to. Reid's mind numbing tactics negated any chance of that and I'm glad to see the back of them with the memory of £50 doon the pan for that New Year debacle still paining me. They would seriously get fitba' stopped if they kept that up.

• Like 1

Although they've not been classics, its always a good laugh and you do get a decent away support.

My favourite one was the 2-2 last season where Jamie Murphy scored a screamer in the 80th minute.

aye i enjoyed that 2-2 game and billy reid fell on his arse which made it even better :laugh:

• Like 1

i would much rather games against airdrie theres definately a sense of hatred fae both sides.though i dont think strathclydes finest would have the resources to police well v airdrie games on a regular basis after the riots that went on when we last played through there

i would much rather games against airdrie theres definately a sense of hatred fae both sides.though i dont think strathclydes finest would have the resources to police well v airdrie games on a regular basis after the riots that went on when we last played through there

Yeah ma mum's friend didn't want to take her car cos the registration plate said MFC on it.