Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

Leeds have probably got a better travelling support than nearly every other team in England, including Man Utd!! And well you know it!! :evilgrin:

The "Dirty Leeds" tag, which was factually innaccurate was nowt to do with hygiene also!

They do have a good travelling support and i hope they get back into the Premiership down south. United V Leeds is always a tasty game.

evilgrin.gif

Thames Valley Whites(Berks & Oxon) have Coach seats available to Motherwell.

This is an overnight stop returning back on 17th July am

Pick up points from 5am

Reading stattion

Wallingford

Didcot station

Abingdon

Kidlington

Oxford peartree park and ride

Bicester

Banbury

M40

M6

Email if anyone wants to book a seat.

--------------------

www.thamesvalleywhites.co.uk

There won't be a decent crowd, because it's a friendly. A wee bit of advertising in the papers doesn't change that fact, it's a meaningless pre-season friendly that most folk couldn't give a toss about - myself included. It's Leeds we're talking about, not Barcelona.

Having more away fans than home fans at Fir Park for a friendly means absolutely fuck all and isn't remotely embarrassing.

I very much doubt I'll be anywhere near Fir Park for any home friendlies. The away friendlies will be judged based on a "good day out" scale.

Can't argue with that at all. Going to the Leeds game will pretty much depend on what I'm upto that day and how much time I've got on my hands. I went to a friendly at Fir Park against Wolves prior to the 2008/09 season and it was torture. Waste of time, effort and money.

There won't be a decent crowd, because it's a friendly. A wee bit of advertising in the papers doesn't change that fact, it's a meaningless pre-season friendly that most folk couldn't give a toss about - myself included. It's Leeds we're talking about, not Barcelona.

Having more away fans than home fans at Fir Park for a friendly means absolutely fuck all and isn't remotely embarrassing.

I very much doubt I'll be anywhere near Fir Park for any home friendlies. The away friendlies will be judged based on a "good day out" scale.

Each to their own Jay. But I will try and big up a friendly v one of the better known and more historic teams from down sarf. Would rather watch Leeds than most of the botton half of the premiership. May have something to do with the fact I had a silk Leeds Utd scarf when I was a bairn.

That and the SAD fact there are no Europa cup ties to watch in July = I will definitely be there. Add into the mix the prospect of a very decent away support and I reckon there could be a decent crowd.

Yes it is a friendly and ordinarily they are cack, but it will be the first glimpse of Motherwell FC 2011/12.

Bring it ON.:thumbup:

The more I think about this Leeds game the more I look forward to it. I see on the Thames Valley Whites website that their is potentially going to be a game in Norway? I'm over seeing Aalesund on these dates so that could be a belter, any further confirmation or info on that?

I will be going along to the Falkirk game also!

I hope with the envisaged support following Leeds, the club follows on from the Dundee Utd cup replay and charges £10 for an adult. Could easily have 10,000 in the ground and £85k in the coffers.

I doubt it even if prices are reduced.When we played Everton a few years ago there was under 6000 and about half of them were away fans, would expect something similar for this game.

I doubt it even if prices are reduced.When we played Everton a few years ago there was under 6000 and about half of them were away fans, would expect something similar for this game.

leeds united are a far bigger club and bigger draw than everton, and they will certainly have more travelling fans.

Edited by leedsunited

leeds united are a far bigger club and bigger draw than everton, and they will certainly have more travelling fans.

A bigger draw for who? Motherwell fans?

Everton with McFadden in their team were a far bigger draw than Leeds United.

If anyone thinks throngs of 'Well fans are going to flock to Fir Park to see Leeds in a meaningless friendly match, they're at it. There'll be about 2,500 - 3,000 Motherwell fans there.

Regardless of opposition, all friendlies at home are shite. I appreciate there are a few '\Well fans who follow Leeds but the majority of our support won't see any significant appeal of an above average Championship side.

I'm sure Leeds will bring a good support which will be a welcome boost to our coffers.

Highly doubtful that I'll be making teh effort to go along to this one. Suffered enough meaningless home friendlies in my time and I'm not shelling out teh best part of £50 for me and my two boys to watch a bounce game. Away friendlies are an entirely diffferent kettle of fish altogether and thats why there will be a rake of English bastards in Fir Park 4 weeks on Saturday.